Other clubs' transfers

TBG

With Milner gone and some Brazilian clogs taking up space in that midfield I wouldn't write him off yet. 

IMO he's perfect for Spurs in any case.  Would have more money and it would be better for his career. Although it didn't hurt Milner's England chances.

I thought re-signing with Villa was dumb. But the big deal they made of it looks disgusting now.  From both sides. £8m is super low too.  Disgusting.

With Milner gone and some Brazilian clogs taking up space in that midfield I wouldn't write him off yet. 

IMO he's perfect for Spurs in any case.  Would have more money and it would be better for his career. Although it didn't hurt Milner's England chances.

I thought re-signing with Villa was dumb. But the big deal they made of it looks disgusting now.  From both sides. £8m is super low too.  Disgusting.

He's not better than any of those midfielders.

This was a few months ago:

'The fans have stuck by since day one. The chairman's stuck by me, he's been unbelievable with me. The gaffer's been great as well.

'I'm proving that there still is loyalty in football. I've decided to stay here and I'll give nothing less than 100 per cent every game.

'I'd love you guys to get behind us and support the boys.'

Speaking to Villa's official website, he added: 'The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do.

'The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.

'I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.

'I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100 per cent into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.

'We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big. There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.

'The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me.'

And to make sure they got the most out of it, Villa showed him on the screens at the ground saying all the above.

Yet the whole time he had a release clause quite clearly just guaranteed to make sure we didn't end up with no money for him.

Really shot themselves in the foot here, so clear they're a bunch of duplicitious wankers.

Mugs. :yao:

I'm not sure you can blame Delph too heavily- he didn't have to sign and could have left on a free and probably got himself a bigger signing on fee.

I assume Villa asked him to make a big deal about him staying and not mention the release clause.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFs_iFbaV_w

What a f***ing horrible c***.

"I'm proving that there still is loyalty in football" he says, with his 8m release clause.

God, what a c***.

Darren Bent

Karma....

Not really.

For a start, you didn't have to accept the huge amount of money we offered you for Bent, but you did. We had to accept it, as he had a release clause.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFs_iFbaV_w

What a f***ing horrible c***.

"I'm proving that there still is loyalty in football" he says, with his 8m release clause.

God, what a c***.

Darren Bent

Karma....

Not really.

For a start, you didn't have to accept the huge amount of money we offered you for Bent, but you did. We had to accept it, as he had a release clause.

Do that or keep a player who'd quite clearly had his head turned.

That clause didn't have to be put in the contract but it was.

Same scenario. Both will move/did move for money.

Both will make/has made a pigs ear of what could have been a fantastic career.

Guest antz1uk

not sure if giggs but there's talk of jonny evans to west brom for around £8/9m, sure he could do a job here

not sure if giggs but there's talk of jonny evans to west brom for around £8/9m, sure he could do a job here

I'd have him back at Sunderland in a heartbeat for that price. Best centre half I've seen play for us bar Bould.

Also, I wonder what Villa are trying to tell us.

The official facebook picture (embarassing marketing slogans to left and right cut out by whoever did this pic, fortunately) until earlier today:

http://i.imgur.com/37OFKkv.jpg

The official facebook picture now:

http://i.imgur.com/QWIh6TM.jpg

I can only assume Sinclair was removed for symmetry rather than him going back to City to fill some quota.