Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Villa are in trouble. Not because they have sold there two, (three if you include Vlaar), best players but because they have not improved.

If you don't go forward, other teams catch you up. That's why we are worried about signings.

Villa need to hope for two things, some good management (team spirit from Sherwood) and a couple of inspired signings. FWIW, I think Sherwood is capable of the former but I doubt Villa are capable of the latter.

Look at it this way Villa have to replace Vlaar, Delph, Benteke and Cleverley to break even. Then they need to improve.

Not a chance Villa go down, unless they really badly f*** up replacing Benteke.

They were the worst team who didn't get relegated last season and they've lost their best two players. Sherwood has a massive job the next 6 weeks.

That was us.

League table says otherwise.

As if that fucking matters :lol: We were worse than teams that went down as well tbh.

Guest palnese

"League table don't lie" is a massive lie.

Over 38 games it doesn't lie. We're we the worst under Carver though.

Fair enough on Pogba like (though he wasn't a patch on Scholes at the time. Had he been more patient he'd have been a starter sooner rather than later).

Fergie played Cleverley, Anderson, Park and Giggs ahead of him. You played against Blackburn and Fergie played Rafael and Park as a midfield 2 ffs. There were ample opportunities for him to play matches and then Fergie instead brought Scholes out of retirement.

He then went to Juve and walked straight into a better midfield than yours, won 3 straight titles, got to a CL final and will get a move to Madrid or Barca. I'm sure he regrets not being more 'patient' until Park and Anderson moved aside for him.

:thup:

Aye but fergie taught him a lesson innit

#fergiesway #principles #legend #hairdryer #leftthemwithasquadfullofshite

Is delph really that good? I have never being really that impressed when iv seen him play

Maybe different now when he's playing beside world class players

Not really, but he's a total bellend after all this. Thus the reaction to it all.

Villa are in trouble. Not because they have sold there two, (three if you include Vlaar), best players but because they have not improved.

If you don't go forward, other teams catch you up. That's why we are worried about signings.

Villa need to hope for two things, some good management (team spirit from Sherwood) and a couple of inspired signings. FWIW, I think Sherwood is capable of the former but I doubt Villa are capable of the latter.

Look at it this way Villa have to replace Vlaar, Delph, Benteke and Cleverley to break even. Then they need to improve.

We don't need to replace Vlaar to change much - last season he was either injured or shite.

We've brought in Richards and Gueye - who looked to me like a Delph replacement when he signed. We've still got a lot of signings to make, but our form under Sherwood was totally different to that under Lambert, and far more representative of the squad.

Going back to Vlaar, though, it makes me laugh when I hear the media or fans of other clubs go on about how we'll miss him. Ask Villa fans, you'll get a different story.