Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Manu's transfer activity post Fergie has been shocking. That guy in charge is a fool.

Why absolve Fergie when he's to blame? Their transfer activity in Fergie's last few years was shocking and is half the reason they're needing to make such desperate signings now.

He thought a core of Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Zaha, Welbeck etc was going to be the future. Senile old cunt.

There were obvious signings that had to be made when Moyes came in and they didn't get any of them. The Woodword guy is terrible.

I would agree the problems started in the Fergie era though, he signed a load of crap players and badly neglected midfield and CB.

Manu's transfer activity post Fergie has been shocking. That guy in charge is a fool.

Why absolve Fergie when he's to blame? Their transfer activity in Fergie's last few years was shocking and is half the reason they're needing to make such desperate signings now.

He thought a core of Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Zaha, Welbeck etc was going to be the future. Senile old cunt.

There were obvious signings that had to be made when Moyes came in and they didn't get any of them. The Woodword guy is terrible.

They've gone from Carrick/Cleverley/Anderson/Fletcher to Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Carrick/Herrera/Blind in midfield.

Its an improvement, despite the slapdash and desperate nature of trying to get there. The level of neglect of key areas of the pitch by Fergie was so bad that part of me thinks he did it on purpose to make himself look good.

I mean did nobody at Man Utd stop to tell Fergie that Ferdinand/Vidic/Evra/Scholes/Giggs would all need replacing and signing Zaha, Nick Powell, Phil Jones etc was hardly the best way of going about doing it.

Weird for Real Madrid to go for De Gea after Navas has been truly excellent for them in the first two league games. They will have to sell him now. I'd have waited until next summer.

Can't wait for the warm welcome he'll get when he plays at the Calderón.

@FCNantes defender Papy Djilobodji having medical at @ChelseaFC ahead of £2.7million move. #SSNHQ

Will probably be only 4th or 5th choice. Wonder if they've given up on Stones.

Probably just a pawn to show Everton that they don't really need Stones.

Weird for Real Madrid to go for De Gea after Navas has been truly excellent for them in the first two league games. They will have to sell him now. I'd have waited until next summer.

Skysports:

Contrary to reports in Marca, we understand a deal has not yet been concluded for the sale of David de Gea to Real Madrid.

Manchester United and Madrid are deep in negotiations this afternoon and it is understood the Spanish side are keen to have their goalkeeper Keylor Navas as part of the deal.

3 months ago Real Madrid just willing to offer 10m.  No doubt Man Utd is the winner given De Gea 100% won't stay next summer.  30m for a player with only 1 yr contract is massive.

They've gone from Carrick/Cleverley/Anderson/Fletcher to Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Carrick/Herrera/Blind in midfield.

Its an improvement, despite the slapdash and desperate nature of trying to get there. The level of neglect of key areas of the pitch by Fergie was so bad that part of me thinks he did it on purpose to make himself look good.

I mean did nobody at Man Utd stop to tell Fergie that Ferdinand/Vidic/Evra/Scholes/Giggs would all need replacing and signing Zaha, Nick Powell, Phil Jones etc was hardly the best way of going about doing it.

:lol: Yeah Fergie really had to make himself look good. That's a ridiculous thing to say!

He certainly could have left them with better players but it was the end of that definitive manu team with so many players coming to the end. There were obvious holes to fill that weren't addressed when he left and the desperate spunking of money is not looking like it's building a very great team.

SSN reckon Berahino could still end up at Spurs, and WBA will get Matt Phillips, Charlie Austin and Victor Moses with the money.

That would be a quality deal for west brom like. Would love all three of them here.

Bournemouth fans getting cocky on Twitter saying Austin is going there and they are now a bigger club than us. Right.

:lol: Yeah Fergie really had to make himself look good. That's a ridiculous thing to say!

He certainly could have left them with better players but it was the end of that definitive manu team with so many players coming to the end. There were obvious holes to fill that weren't addressed when he left and the desperate spunking of money is not looking like it's building a very great team.

Well I'm finding it very hard to work out why he made such a fucking shambles of his last ~4 years in the transfer window. If it wasn't a deliberate ploy it was was fuckawful management.

He left them with an entire generation of players heading towards the end of their careers (Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney) and replaced them with a supposed future nucleus of Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Zaha, Welbeck, Hernandez etc. Literally the only one he got right was De Gea replacing VdS. He even let Pogba go on a free instead deciding to give Cleverley a long term deal FFS.

Then to top it all off he handed the gig of the self proclaimed biggest club in the world to David fucking Moyes.

The reason they're now desperately needing to throw 30 and 40 million around at the likes of Di Maria, Depay, Mata etc is because they need genuine quality. It was a very poorly handed transition and Fergie is the man to blame, regardless of what a great manager he was.

SSN reckon Berahino could still end up at Spurs, and WBA will get Matt Phillips, Charlie Austin and Victor Moses with the money.

That would be a quality deal for west brom like. Would love all three of them here.

Absolutely 0 point them signing more wingers given Pulis' self imposed law of only being allowed to play 1 at a time. Full backs too, fucking hates them - can only assumed Denis Irwin and Marc Hottiger double teamed his ma or something.

Don't think he did it to make himself look good but I'm certain Ferguson knew Moyes was inheriting a turd of a squad with which Ferguson had admirably been able to overachieve with- in no small part due to the fear factor and cowardice of the rest of the league.

Bournemouth fans getting cocky on Twitter saying Austin is going there and they are now a bigger club than us. Right.

I loathe the fans of newly promoted clubs. They're always like this, full of themselves now they're in the top flight.

Norwich fans are awful for this. Every time they get promoted. Which is a sentence which really says it all about them.

Well I'm finding it very hard to work out why he made such a fucking shambles of his last ~4 years in the transfer window. If it wasn't a deliberate ploy it was was fuckawful management.

He left them with an entire generation of players heading towards the end of their careers (Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Fletcher, Rooney) and replaced them with a supposed future nucleus of Jones, Smalling, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Zaha, Welbeck, Hernandez etc. Literally the only one he got right was De Gea replacing VdS. He even let Pogba go on a free instead deciding to give Cleverley a long term deal FFS.

Then to top it all off he handed the gig of the self proclaimed biggest club in the world to David fucking Moyes.

The reason they're now desperately needing to throw 30 and 40 million around at the likes of Di Maria, Depay, Mata etc is because they need genuine quality. It was a very poorly handed transition and Fergie is the man to blame, regardless of what a great manager he was.

Team that won the title 2 years ago:

11221456_939494846117814_8902338002211085479_n.jpg?oh=9cb90b0acdfa47010a2b5b295fe73fe2&oe=56646A3A