Other clubs' transfers

TBG

What a way to treat your player of the season for the last 2 years mess him about till the last minute then scupper his move just because you can. De Gea never went on strike it was van gaal's decision not to play him. If they had no intention of selling why dick him around.

"The news is the documentation was not done on time. David de Gea was at his girlfriend’s house waiting, Keylor Navas was waiting, everything was signed and sent to Manchester but the stories coming out of the Spanish media are that Manchester United sent the paperwork back at 12.01pm Spanish time, so past the deadline.

Any reason why this still wouldn't be allowed. I'm sure Spurs sign players after the deadline every year. Don't they normally say if the deal was agreed before the deadline it's ok ?

"The news is the documentation was not done on time. David de Gea was at his girlfriend’s house waiting, Keylor Navas was waiting, everything was signed and sent to Manchester but the stories coming out of the Spanish media are that Manchester United sent the paperwork back at 12.01pm Spanish time, so past the deadline.

Any reason why this still wouldn't be allowed. I'm sure Spurs sign players after the deadline every year. Don't they normally say if the deal was agreed before the deadline it's ok ?

I don't really have a clue how these things work or if you are correct but maybe the documentation they sent in late was the paperwork that proved the deal was agreed?

Guest Gino14

I'm sure I've seen past deals like this go through when it's been half an hour and stuff.  Usually if the deal has been in the works all day it gets allowed.  That's with the premier league though, so it will be up to La Liga.  It's obviously a deadline set by them and not Uefa, otherwise all the deadlines would be at the same time.  Given that it's La Liga and Real Madrid I'm sure the deal will happen.  It would probably happen anyway with any club, since the rule isn't designed to change the course of a player's career over 1 minute and common sense will probably prevail.

Guest Gino14

I don't know why they have to lie and can't just admit that it's at their disgression really.  It's much the same way we have speed limits, but you won't get pulled over doing 32 in a 30 very often, because it's a waste of everyone's time and you need to apply a bit of common sense.  There's limits but you need to think things through and just make a good decision on how harshly to apply the rule, on a case by case basis.

would say i'm in the minority here with the deadline stuff, just don't see what difference it makes :lol:

ok they've had all summer but shit changes, as long as there's an agreement between both clubs and player what does it matter if the paperwork is filed 1 minute or 2 hours later?  red tape for the sake of it man, pointless