Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Is the Martial transfer fee for real? Spanish media are quoting €80m. Absolutely gobsmacked if true.

I would guess €60m + €20m in bonuses as reported before. Might be the case though..

Yeah, €80m with all addons.

I'm aware he's a prospect, but he didn't look anything special against Valencia and a cursory glance at his stats suggest that's a ludicrous price.

It's really funny because he's a similar player to Welbeck  :lol:

would say i'm in the minority here with the deadline stuff, just don't see what difference it makes :lol:

ok they've had all summer but s*** changes, as long as there's an agreement between both clubs and player what does it matter if the paperwork is filed 1 minute or 2 hours later?  red tape for the sake of it man, pointless

Last season Bryan Ruiz signed for Levante and the paperwork was similarly later, their appeal was rejected. If anything fairness mandates a similar treatment for De Gea now.

would say i'm in the minority here with the deadline stuff, just don't see what difference it makes [emoji38]

ok they've had all summer but s*** changes, as long as there's an agreement between both clubs and player what does it matter if the paperwork is filed 1 minute or 2 hours later?  red tape for the sake of it man, pointless

Last season Bryan Ruiz signed for Levante and the paperwork was similarly later, their appeal was rejected. If anything fairness mandates a similar treatment for De Gea now.

Ah aye yeah there's precedent so fair enough, I just mean really what's the fucking point of preventing deals going through? [emoji38]

To me it should be as simple as a written, legally binding agreement signed before midnight that means the deal must proceed subject to medicals. Do all the paperwork later and gan to kip.

Christ, forgot Wellbeck existed. Had a half decent for month or two and bugger all since. I know he's had injuries but was way over-hyped.

I think he's underrated by most people.

Same. He's very effective on the left of a front 3 in the role he plays for England.

Don't think he did it to make himself look good but I'm certain Ferguson knew Moyes was inheriting a turd of a squad with which Ferguson had admirably been able to overachieve with- in no small part due to the fear factor and cowardice of the rest of the league.

Said it at the time, Fergie knew exactly what he was doing when he retired. Whatever other personal circumstances he had, he knew fine well he was getting out at the right time.

Moses to West Ham on loan, didn't even know he was still at Chelsea tbh. :lol: Hate that club.

From The Guardian:

Worth pointing out that Moses signed a new four-year contract at Chelsea before that loan to West Ham, thus rendering him unsellable for a further ... let’s say ... three years and condemning him to spells with Leicester (2016-17) and Southampton (2017-18).

Why the fuck would he sign a new contract there?

Moses to West Ham on loan, didn't even know he was still at Chelsea tbh. :lol: Hate that club.

From The Guardian:

Worth pointing out that Moses signed a new four-year contract at Chelsea before that loan to West Ham, thus rendering him unsellable for a further ... let’s say ... three years and condemning him to spells with Leicester (2016-17) and Southampton (2017-18).

Why the fuck would he sign a new contract there?

money?

I'm not sure why Chelsea want to keep him though. For English purposes should they need him in the future? Odd.

Right, where are we at with the potential deal of the day:  Anthony Martial to Manchester United? Well, our man Saj Chowdhury has dug out this nugget... Monaco say the deal is 80m euros (£58.75m) including bonus. The club were reluctant to sell him until United raised the initial fee they were willing to pay to 60m euros (£44m)

However, Froggy's sources have assured him it's £16m plus 4 Simply Red tickets.

Right, where are we at with the potential deal of the day:  Anthony Martial to Manchester United? Well, our man Saj Chowdhury has dug out this nugget... Monaco say the deal is 80m euros (£58.75m) including bonus. The club were reluctant to sell him until United raised the initial fee they were willing to pay to 60m euros (£44m)

However, Froggy's sources have assured him it's £16m plus 4 Simply Red tickets.

:lol: