Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Fucking 500 grand a year over 15 years is an absolute fortune unless you're a tit with money. Most people make do on a fraction of that for 50 years and still manage to buy houses and have children. The same most people who are paying for all of this.

Where's this huge honour in playing for West Ham in the PL as a Frenchman who has played for Marseille? How much does Liverpool mean to a lad born in a Brazilian favela?

Like I say - international football is the only barrier. Going to continental and World Cups is the only thing shared by all footballers. That's probably the only thing holding Payet from making the move the drop in league profile in that regard.

There's nothing inherently enjoyable about the PL as a foreign footballer. the weather is shit. Fans are demanding.  Quality of football isn't great. The same teams always win the competition. 

Fucking 500 grand a year over 15 years is an absolute fortune unless you're a tit with money. Most people make do on a fraction of that for 50 years and still manage to buy houses and have children. The same most people who are paying for all of this.

Also totally unable to earn a penny once they retire too. Need to earn all of the cash they're going to need for the rest of their lives before they give up the game aged 36. God forbid they move into coaching or developing their own academy or anything else like that as a means of income.

They'll obviously make do on what they earn but what's the point in making do spending your career at some midtable team in a foreign country that you have no attachment to when you can live in luxury for the rest of your life after spending a few years in your late twenties and thirties in China earning loads.

It takes not understanding football whatsoever to a whole new level not being able to comprehend why people have a problem with the Chinese stuff, so I for one am absolutely flabbergasted that TCD is putting this forward as his opinion.

£2m a year or f***ing £8m a year, it's all mad money and you'd have to be an absolute moron to squander it. The argument about going where the money is holds absolutely no water with me and never will. Not at the levels we're talking. There is no comparison with real world jobs at all, these aren't people whose first concern is to make ends meet.

The majority of them stop earning totally at 35. The difference between 2m and 8m is huge when it comes to your children and grandchildren

Well I completely disagree, given that I'm a normal person on a relatively normal wage and realise that £2m a year is a mad amount to stack up over 10 to 15 years and is more than enough to be very wealthy for pretty much as long as you like.

They can't even spend it all on sniffing coke out of strippers' arse cracks ffs, the argument holds no water.

The majority of even good footballers don't get near 2m a year after tax for 10 to 15 years though. The players going to China are Africans or Brazilians mostly who will have earned relatively little to the big stars for most of their careers

Aye very easy to get on a high horse about playing in the PL as an Englishman from a English working / middle class family.  It's just a game.  Of which can change the lives of everyone you care about. And their grandkids too.

But 500 grand a year isn't making do, is the entire point. You've bought a house after a year or 2 and have money stacking up for a decade or more thereafter. It's a wealthy existence. The very fact we're discussing the difference between being wealthy and obscenely rich makes me more convinced it's completely about greed.

If it was one of us playing for the Toon the argument of foregoing riches for personal pride and fulfillment would make sense. But to some foreigner like Payet playing for some mid-table club in a rainy country he has no connection to, the argument holds no weight. He moved from Marseille to West Ham for the money and if he does the same again for China its barely any different, in my opinion.

It takes not understanding football whatsoever to a whole new level not being able to comprehend why people have a problem with the Chinese stuff, so I for one am absolutely flabbergasted that TCD is putting this forward as his opinion.

£2m a year or f***ing £8m a year, it's all mad money and you'd have to be an absolute moron to squander it. The argument about going where the money is holds absolutely no water with me and never will. Not at the levels we're talking. There is no comparison with real world jobs at all, these aren't people whose first concern is to make ends meet.

The majority of them stop earning totally at 35. The difference between 2m and 8m is huge when it comes to your children and grandchildren

Well I completely disagree, given that I'm a normal person on a relatively normal wage and realise that £2m a year is a mad amount to stack up over 10 to 15 years and is more than enough to be very wealthy for pretty much as long as you like.

They can't even spend it all on sniffing coke out of strippers' arse cracks ffs, the argument holds no water.

The majority of even good footballers don't get near 2m a year after tax for 10 to 15 years though. The players going to China are Africans or Brazilians mostly who will have earned relatively little to the big stars for most of their careers

Aye very easy to get on a high horse about playing in the PL as an Englishman from a English working / middle class family.  It's just a game.  Of which can change the lives of everyone you care about. And their grandkids too.

You're an utter bellend :thup:

I'll not bother engaging you again for a while.

TCD doesn't deserve stick here. He's just pointing out that its a league full of mercenaries carried by agents, both of which are seeking financial fulfillment. The money is the main driving force bringing them here and that's what would take them to foreign soils too.

You're an utter bellend :thup:

I'll not bother engaging you again for a while.

He's right though. Your 'normal wage' is probably more than what their a majority of these players families and ancestors have earned combined before one of them made it in the sport. They've had nothing all life, so now they want everything. Money talks, it's as easy as that.

You're ignoring professional pride, but then again you always do.

Of what - playing for West Ham? Even Liverpool as a Brazilian?

It's not like you've turned down the opportunity to work for NASA to work for FarmVille. These players don't care about these PL teams or the league man.

Whether you're a fan, a player or a manager the game is about striving to be the best you can be and playing at the highest level possible, something you will never understand given you were lording it up over people on here when we shifted Pardew saying it didn't look such a good idea when we'd been miserably treading water for 2 seasons or more.

You don't have a clue about football, you're exactly the type of person I'm disappointed that the game has attracted in recent years as it's not actually all about money at all, it's about being ambitious and allowing fans to dream.

Anyway, go away.

It's not like you've turned down the opportunity to work for NASA to work for FarmVille. These players don't care about these PL teams or the league man.

Whether you're a fan, a player or a manager the game is about striving to be the best you can be and playing at the highest level possible, something you will never understand giving you were lording it up over people on here when we shifted Pardew saying it didn't look such a good idea when we'd been miserably treading water for 2 seasons or more.

You don't have a clue about football, you're exactly the type of person I'm disappointed that the game has attracted in recent years as it's not actually all about money at all, it's about being ambitious and allowing fans to dream.

Anyway, go away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whether you're a fan, a player or a manager the game is about striving to be the best you can be and playing at the highest level possible, something you will never understand giving you were lording it up over people on here when we shifted Pardew saying it didn't look such a good idea when we'd been miserably treading water for 2 seasons or more.

Anyway, go away.

I'd agree with you if it was promising 21 year olds going to China but in this case I think TCD is correct

Reading  Villatalk last week they were discussing Charles N'Zogbia and how he's picking up 65k a week for doing fuck all, and how if he had "any pride" he'd walk away from it and go and play football somewhere else etc etc.

Utter fucking nonsense. Football clubs created the likes of N'Zogbia, sitting out long deals picking up huge amounts of money.

It's easy for fans who will never, ever find themselves in that situation to say players should forego the extra 100k a week on offer here or there. If we were in that situation and someone was saying "it's 50k a week (2.5m a year) at this mediocre mid table English club, or 150k a week (7.5m a year) and probably a deeply advantageous tax situation at some shitty Chinese club" then I don't think we'd be as adamant about the right choice as we are now that it's not us making that decision.

We need to agree to disagree on this stuff then. I'm taking the moral high ground. I suppose you're all ecstatic about Mike Ashley doing everything he can to stack up as much cash as he possibly can as well. "We'd all do it". Like Wullie was alluding to, well nah we wouldn't all fucking do it actually. There is more to life than money.

£2m a year or fucking £8m a year, it's all mad money and you'd have to be an absolute moron to squander it. The argument about going where the money is holds absolutely no water with me and never will. Not at the levels we're talking. There is no comparison with real world jobs at all, these aren't people whose first concern is to make ends meet.

Aye but the top players earn more in a week then some of the other highest paid professions get paid in a year. It might be a ten year career, but I think the amounts are so obscene that it really shouldn't be a case of needing to go to the highest paid club, they should chose the best football club on offer, and they will still earn enough for their children/grandchildren or whatever they need.

I always imagined to make it as a top level footballer you would need to have a real passion for not only the sport, but in being the very best you can be, or at least recognition for your success. Shame it doesn't seem that way for some players.

I don't think China is the best example to be fair, as in places China is stunning, and would be great to live in, and if you're racking in the cash at the same time then i'd imagine it be awesome, put it this way i'd rather live in Shanghai then Stoke.

Reading  Villatalk last week they were discussing Charles N'Zogbia and how he's picking up 65k a week for doing fuck all, and how if he had "any pride" he'd walk away from it and go and play football somewhere else etc etc.

Utter fucking nonsense. Football clubs created the likes of N'Zogbia, sitting out long deals picking up huge amounts of money.

It's easy for fans who will never, ever find themselves in that situation to say players should forego the extra 100k a week on offer here or there. If we were in that situation and someone was saying "it's 50k a week (2.5m a year) at this mediocre mid table English club, or 150k a week (7.5m a year) and probably a deeply advantageous tax situation at some shitty Chinese club" then I don't think we'd be as adamant about the right choice as we are now that it's not us making that decision.

Agree, personally.

Plus, there's all this argument about testing yourself at the best level - but it's not totally beyond the realms of possibility that playing in China as a star player for a top of the table side might be more personally fulfilling than playing for some PL dinosaur manager in a side that will never win anything. Especially if you're in your late 20s/early 30s and the chance of a breakthrough at a top club is running low. I mean the big sides there can play in front of 50k+. It's not such an awful opportunity to some players.

I don't think China is the best example to be fair, as in places China is stunning, and would be great to live in, and if you're racking in the cash at the same time then i'd imagine it be awesome, put it this way i'd rather live in Shanghai then Stoke.

It's about the quality of the league and the level of success you can achieve more than the location, I understand a Brazilian may have no attachment or desire to go to Stoke etc, but I'd like to think surely they do to the size or reputation of the league.