Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I know it's futile saying so, because the whole thing is so in your face now, but there really isn't any point trying to rationalise or even debate the transfer fees this summer. It'll probably level out (a bit) in two or three years when everyone wakes up and realises they're blowing ridiculous money on average players, but everyone's very excited atm which means no-marks go for upwards of £15/20m. There will always be mental signings that everyone is aghast by, but I don't think the 'average players going for megabucks' trend will continue for THAT long.

It's going to get more crazy, the more money in the game the more clubs will spend. It's not exactly shocking really, when you look at percentage of income then the Pogba deal is exactly the same as when Man Utd signed Ferdinand. Difference is their income is much, much higher so they can spend that easily.

Not sure why anyone think it's going to slow down, the money increases because the demand is there and the demand isn't going to slow down. There will be more fans and more fans equals higher sponsorship and TV deals which equals higher income for the clubs.

The prices will drop when the economies of these countries (and in England) start to falter in whatever next domestic downturn there is. If the PL is not making as much money (hence the TV deals that they are trying to get done to secure gtd income) then you'll see prices decline. Certain clubs are over-speculating IMO, and that's not really smart, not another Leeds or Rangers situation, but some of these clubs are really banking on gtd TV income. God forbid something happens to fuck that up.

Premier league spending almost past £800 million and expected to go past £1 billion for the summer transfer window.

Would have been interested to see the players we would have gone for if we would have stayed up. Think the likes of Williams and Benteke for sure.

I'd like to say Citeh have massively overpaid for Stones but I honestly don't know anymore. :lol: My barometer for what represents good value is completely uncalibrated. I'm not sure "value for money" even exists anymore.

I'd like to say Citeh have massively overpaid for Stones but I honestly don't know anymore. :lol: My barometer for what represents good value is completely uncalibrated. I'm not sure "value for money" even exists anymore.

He's 22 and would already walk into most PL sides. He's only going to get better and is likely close to a decade away from his best. I think it's a good deal for all involved.

Without taking agents fees in hand and assuming the Borga Baston deal goes through as stated for 15M then Swansea would have made 42M on sales and paid out 22M for new players.

Against the flow at the moment it seems.

He's 22 and would already walk into most PL sides. He's only going to get better and is likely close to a decade away from his best. I think it's a good deal for all involved.

:thup: Plus he isn't playing for Martinez anymore.

Guest Howaythetoon

Stones has exceptional footballing ability for a defender and can only improve, on the continent his game would be lauded not derided. Given who his new manager is I can see him developing even further as a footballer. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in midfield. We also need to basically forget about the size of transfer fees these days, they have went beyond being obscene and are irrelevant in the rand scheme of things.

Stones has exceptional footballing ability for a defender and can only improve, on the continent his game would be lauded not derided. Given who his new manager is I can see him developing even further as a footballer. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in midfield. We also need to basically forget about the size of transfer fees these days, they have went beyond being obscene and are irrelevant in the rand scheme of things.

It wouldn't be lauded if it resulted in making stupid mistakes that lead to goals for the other team as it did in Stones' case last season