Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Leipzig are newly promoted, and although they're clearly not your standard newly promoted side, I doubt Burke expected them to be keeping pace with Bayern at the top. He joined an ambitious (although minging) club who are focused around buying and developing young players. It's just unfortunate he found himself out of the team because they've been putting in title form from week 1

I can pretty much guarantee - as far as is possible - that there is no way we would have been paying him anywhere near 30Kpw. Is that really what he's getting?

Reported annual salary of £1.5m which works out to be just under £30k a week.

Obviously he'll have appearance/goal/every other bonus on top of that too.

Just because he's a kid doesn't mean he'd not be offered that kind of money by Prem teams. If you're signing a player for £10 million+ then it's expected he'd be an important signing for the club and that's the going rate, regardless of the fact he's 19.

Sunderland would have definitely dished out something around that to Wickham when they signed him for a similar fee.

Leipzig are newly promoted, and although they're clearly not your standard newly promoted side, I doubt Burke expected them to be keeping pace with Bayern at the top. He joined an ambitious (although minging) club who are focused around buying and developing young players. It's just unfortunate he found himself out of the team because they've been putting in title form from week 1

:thup:

He's in a better place than if he had joined Sunderland

Alexander Isak apparently snubbed Real Madrid and is instead going to Dortmund :megusta:

Done deal now it seems. Better for him. Will develop under Tuchel :thup:

They have a lot of young (less than 21 years old even) talent contributing already. Future looks bright, if they manage to keep them away from big money moves.

Pulis tried his best to ruin a promising career. Hope the lad is successful.

Berahino has ruined his own career, I have doubts he will ever do much now, wasted too much time.

We had already lost promising young players to Chelsea and Liverpool before Berahino, a stand needed to be made, if you sign a contract, expect to honour it.

The Spurs offer was heavily staggered and not much better than what we got, trying to 'mend' Berahino was worth a go, but he likes the bright lights of Manchester too much, has weight issues, can not head a ball to save his life, Baggies fans are chuffed to bits.

He didn't want to be there. Manager didn't seem to rate him much. WBA have lasted 2 years of his short career trying and ultimately failing to prove a point.

Of course he did. There's much more chance of him developing into something with the standard of coaching he'll have access to over there. He'd have been able to get loads more over here.

He's on a reported £30k a week plus bonuses man :lol:

He'd not be on anywhere near that at any of the other clubs.

Jenkinson is apparently on £40k at Arsenal. Any lad going for over £10m should expect good money

Berahino has ruined his own career, I have doubts he will ever do much now, wasted too much time.

We had already lost promising young players to Chelsea and Liverpool before Berahino, a stand needed to be made, if you sign a contract, expect to honour it.

The Spurs offer was heavily staggered and not much better than what we got, trying to 'mend' Berahino was worth a go, but he likes the bright lights of Manchester too much, has weight issues, can not head a ball to save his life, Baggies fans are chuffed to bits.

He didn't want to be there. Manager didn't seem to rate him much. WBA have lasted 2 years of his short career trying and ultimately failing to prove a point.

They seem to be doing more than fine without Berahino like and could still get £15 mil for him. That's hardly a huge failure.

He had one decent season, got ahead of himself and made himself look like a tit. I can't stand Tony Pulis but good on him for not bowing to the little prick's demands. He could have got his head down, played well and improved so he could properly run his contract down, while not allowing his career to stagnate. Instead he refused to turn up for training, got fat and didn't bother improving his good, but limited ability.

They seem to be doing more than fine without Berahino like and could still get £15 mil for him. That's hardly a huge failure.

What have they gained? They could've got more money last season. They don't play him. He's not contributed.

Meanwhile they've tried to ruin the lads career. This is why I usually favour players in transfer disputes. Clubs happy to discard players, treat them with no respect or bench them indefinitely when they can pursue a career elsewhere.

They're 8th in the league without him so they've gained that and £15mil on a player who has scored 1 league goal in over 15 months

He's not exactly been an angel in the whole saga either. Losing out on £5mil or whatever isn't really that much.

Alexander Isak apparently snubbed Real Madrid and is instead going to Dortmund :megusta:

Done deal now it seems. Better for him. Will develop under Tuchel :thup:

They have a lot of young (less than 21 years old even) talent contributing already. Future looks bright, if they manage to keep them away from big money moves.

I was so disappointed when it seemed like he was going to Real Madrid, would probably have just become another Odegaard. Now, he's going to arguably the best club in Europe for developing talents, can't see him failing there tbh. He'll get to train with one of the best strikers in the world in PEA and he'll probably get plenty of chances to play as well.

Doesn't hurt that I've followed BVB as much as possible since the Klopp days and will do so even more now.

What have they gained? They could've got more money last season. They don't play him. He's not contributed.

Meanwhile they've tried to ruin the lads career. This is why I usually favour players in transfer disputes. Clubs happy to discard players, treat them with no respect or bench them indefinitely when they can pursue a career elsewhere.

£8m is pennies these days.

Of course he did. There's much more chance of him developing into something with the standard of coaching he'll have access to over there. He'd have been able to get loads more over here.

He's on a reported £30k a week plus bonuses man :lol:

He'd not be on anywhere near that at any of the other clubs.

Jenkinson is apparently on £40k at Arsenal. Any lad going for over £10m should expect good money

You're right to an extent, but again, you've given Arsenal as an example. They have a huge wage bill and are known for paying their youngsters that come through their academy extremely well.

The really big clubs pay insane wages. The smaller clubs pay extremely good wages, but I am still not convinced that many Premier League clubs would have been prepared to pay Burke 30Kpw plus bonuses etc. I'm just not. It's pissing in the wind a bit because we don't have proper numbers, but here's a fairly good guess:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

They have Lingard at 25Kpw and Rashford at 20Kpw. That sounds plausible.

Hull have loaned Lazar Markovic from Liverpool until the end of the season.

At least they're doing something about their threadbare squad whilst Sunderland are doing nowt (probably forced due their finances but still)