Other clubs' transfers

TBG

How much did we bid for him last year?  20m?

Apparently so. Be interesting to know how many starts he's had since then, can't imagine it being more than 5.

12 league starts, plus 3 in cups. Handful of sub appearances too.

Only scored 4 league goals since John Carver was our manager

Oliver Burke available for loan, Palace and Boro interested

Went to Leipzig because he thought he wouldn't get a game for the other teams that wanted him anarl. Unlucky chap

B£t h£ w£nt th£r£ to g£t a gam£.

He'd have played every week at somewhere like Boro, Watford, WBA, mackems etc. :lol: He didn't go to Leipzig to play football man.

Of course he did. There's much more chance of him developing into something with the standard of coaching he'll have access to over there. He'd have been able to get loads more over here.

He's on a reported £30k a week plus bonuses man :lol:

He'd not be on anywhere near that at any of the other clubs.

So you don't think any of the Pl clubs mentioned would pay him £30,000 a week? Seriously? Look at the money being payed these days. £30,000 is nothing.

As a £10 million+ PL signing? Not unlikely.

Matt Phillips who is probably a comparable signing/player, is on much less at WBA.

Edit - I'm working off of reported figures, so they may be wrong. But I just doubt that he moved to Leipzig for footballing reasons.

Matt Phillips was on £25,000 a week at QPR according to reports. Can't see him being on less now...

Phillips is an OK player but he wasn't a hyped up youngster going for £10 million+ as a teenager. 30k a week is the absolute norm these days, and Leipzig are one of the few European clubs who could have afforded to match PL offers.

Meh. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not - only Burke will know his intentions.

I just think it was a daft move from the outset and he'd surely have been given assurances of his playing time when he made the move. He hasn't been a starter from day one so it shouldn't be a shock to him.

At least he tried to move abroad, which others haven't.

Of course he did. There's much more chance of him developing into something with the standard of coaching he'll have access to over there. He'd have been able to get loads more over here.

He's on a reported £30k a week plus bonuses man :lol:

He'd not be on anywhere near that at any of the other clubs.

So you don't think any of the Pl clubs mentioned would pay him £30,000 a week? Seriously? Look at the money being payed these days. £30,000 is nothing.

I think that we were actually at the front of the queue:

http://www.squawka.com/news/oliver-burke-i-was-going-to-visit-tottenham-before-bundesliga-move/789732

I can pretty much guarantee - as far as is possible - that there is no way we would have been paying him anywhere near 30Kpw. Is that really what he's getting?

There are a few reasons that Chelsea and Man City mop up most of the best young talent, and paying s***-tons of cash is number 1. Despite the ludicrous wages earned at the top two or three clubs, kids at Spurs and so, presumably, at Palace/Boro/West Brom will not be earning anything like that amount. We genuinely cannot afford it.

Edit: I'm not sure that QPR of that time are the best yardstick either :lol:.