Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I'd be so disappointed with signing Rooney if I was an Everton supporter.

Really poor signing for a team in their position. He'll be expecting a regular starting position as well.

Guest palnese

Once a blue, always fucking off from the Scouse mackems at the first opportunity.

Just like every half decent Geordie fucks off from Newcastle? :lol:

Not really.

Oh? Pedro, Gazza, Carroll, (Waddle) all fucked off.

Guest Howaythetoon

Look at what he has won and what he has achieved. He simply had to leave Everton to fulfill his ambitions and potential. That said, if I were an everton fan I wouldn't want him back. He leaves when they were not at their best to become the best and now returns when they are at their best (or heading that way) while he's at his worst. And on those wages as well. Fuck that.

Once a blue, always fucking off from the Scouse mackems at the first opportunity.

Not really.

Waddle isn't a Geordie. Carroll couldn't give a shit about us either.

Shearer, Shola & Paully D are true to their roots.

Not really.

:lol: yeah, both Shola and Dummett spurned lucrative deals at other clubs just to remain true to their Geordie roots. That's why they stuck around.

Not really.

:lol: yeah, both Shola and Dummett spurned lucrative deals at other clubs just to remain true to their Geordie roots. That's why they stuck around.

My tongue was lodged firmly in my cheek.

If it was anyone but Everton I'd think it was a terrible transfer, a huge flop waiting to happen. But I'd be quite excited about if I was an Everton fan tbh.

It's a no brainer for Everton, if they can afford the wages.

At the very worst, he will graft his bollocks off and at best he will rekindle some of his old form.

As someone else pointed out, he needs to slow his game down and stop chasing the ball around so much.

Aye, it could go either way but I reckon he'll do well and I'd be buzzing if I were an Everton fan this summer. He'll have to alter his game but he'll be working under a good, ambitious manager who can give him some attention now. He'll get the help he needs to adapt his game, because there's no way one of the great English talents of our time is finished at 31 imo.

Agreed, think a change of scenery could do him some good. Certainly on the downside of his career, but there's still a very good player in there.

Think Everton fans are kidding themselves if they're not content unless they replace Lukaku with a striker of similar quality, simply because there aren't other players of that caliber around. And they wouldn't be signing for Everton either.

Kinda like Spurs with Bale a few years ago, no way they were ever going to replace him like-for-like. But a good opportunity to re-invest in the squad and add depth. Sandro, Rooney, Klaassen, Keane, Pickford, (and Sigurdsson) is a pretty good haul, even if some of them don't work out long-term.

Guest Howaythetoon

As good as Lukaku is, I always felt considering his power and pace that he doesn't dominate as much as he could. He's a better goalscorer than he is a footballer. Compare that to someone like Drogba who is the reverse and as such was better. Costa at Chelsea is better as well.

As good as Lukaku is, I always felt considering his power and pace that he doesn't dominate as much as he could. He's a better goalscorer than he is a footballer. Compare that to someone like Drogba who is the reverse and as such was better. Costa at Chelsea is better as well.

Yeah but where was Drogba at 24? Lukaku is only going to get better it's quite frightening how good he could become there.

wish we would spend a fucking fortune on ordinary players like Everton. :hmm:

Spending the going rate on the players that Rafa wants would suffice.

:lol: Every fucking year. Every year!

I mean, how does this happen every fucking window.

Someone from Felling isn't a Geordie?

Trying telling that to most of Felling!

He used to go round my nana's house after a game before he turned pro.

Oh aye.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yeah but where was Drogba at 24? Lukaku is only going to get better it's quite frightening how good he could become there.

I actually think in Mourinho he probably has as good as a coach as he needs right now in terms of his development because he will become more tactically astute, harder working and probably more efficient. If less exciting. Drogba lite perhaps, but more goals? He's a very good player mind, but needs to do more to be really world-class.

The Drogba comparison is crass. Sure they are both big, black, strong and quick but their styles are very different and they've had very different career progressions. 

Drogba and Costa are far more similar. Both came to prominence a little older.  Both are great all-rounders first and goal scorers second. 

The Drogba comparison is crass. Sure they are both big, black, strong and quick but their styles are very different and they've had very different career progressions. 

Drogba and Costa are far more similar. Both came to prominence a little older.  Both are great all-rounders first and goal scorers second. 

Lukaku all round game is pap but he's a great goal scorer. Can he improve on the rest? I think there's less incentive when he scores so many.  I can see him refining his movement and his 'plays' so he can score more but at the moment I struggle to see him becoming a Drogba, Shearer type fulcrum of attack. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Eh, black has nowt to do with the comparisons....

Anyway we are talking about centre-forwards at leading clubs. If you read my comments properly you will clearly see that I have defined both as different types of players.

Always felt that Lukaku could do more in the air. For such a big guy, he doesn't score enough headers. He's best with the ball at his feet toward goal. He'll need to improve that hold up to further himself as a striker.

He's not someone I would class as dangerous. When he's on the ball, I honestly expect him to make a mistake, so I'm suprised when he does score.