Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Hope someone correct me.  What I understand is:

Neymar - free to leave as he has paid the compensation, just pending UEFA formal approval for the registration to PSG

La Liga - refuse to receive the payment "due to FFP ruling on 31 Aug".  The money is holding up here.

Barcelona - receive nothing because the money is locked in La Liga and they will only receive it at 31 Aug, aka transfer deadline, the earliest, if no further action from La Liga and UEFA.

It seems to me that Li Liga is tricking Barcelona instead of helping them?

They would be as well to let Barcelona have their money so they can reshape their squad. The bloke clearly has his heart set on playing in the Mickey Mouse league for stupid money so let him get on with it.

I don't think getting the actual money now or Aug 31 will have any material effect on the transfers we can or cannot make.

I'd expect this to be resolved soon, anyway. La Liga is being difficult because they aren't happy at all at how UEFA ruled on the Javi Martínez case - which made it far easier for foreign clubs to trigger release clauses - and will stir up trouble at any occasion on this issue.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It is a pretty massive knock on the leagues star power.  He's probably the biggest name and best player on the planet under 30. 

You start to look at the ages of Barca's remaining best players.  Yikes.  When you consider the team isn't functioning properly anyway.  Messi and Suarez though. 

So how many goals is he going to score for PSG next season? 50+?

Nah, doubt it. Think Cavani is still going to be the main goalscorer for them. If they can win all the domestic trophies and get at least to the semi's it will not have been a failure.

Of course he will, but 50 is still a tough ask. Ibra only did it once and he was the CF.

:thup:

The most important thing for him will be to carry this side in the CL. The rest is all wrapped up already at this point. Maybe win every game this season in the league might be an objective.

I don't know whether to be outraged at PSG's dodgy practices or to laugh because it's upsetting Barca and Real Madrid.

I'm more on the laughing side of it since its always nice to see a Barca/Real Madrid etc get knocked down a peg or two