Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Does anyone actually care? Player moves to new club for lots of.money. meh.

Yeah - I do.  I love football but the money in the game is ruining the sport.  People want to see the best players stay in the best leagues.  In France it's not like the Premiership where all the clubs are benefiting from an insane TV deal, thereby all getting stronger.  You have just one team that is being backed up by Sovereign Wealth which no one can compete with.  Ibrahimović had more of an impact on footballing world playing the one season in England than he did in all the four seasons in France.  People all over the world stood up and remembered how great a player he was. 

All the best players being attracted to Barca and Real Madrid isn't a great situation either. Personally I remember the days when the Dutch teams were actually seen as a threat, there were genuinely good teams from all sorts of leagues, but those leagues and many famous clubs have been crushed by the modern game. To me it is strange to complain about the talent being more spread out, I think football was better back then. Not that PSG jizzing money about is going to bring back the good old days when the CL was interesting.

Yeah - I do.  I love football but the money in the game is ruining the sport.  People want to see the best players stay in the best leagues.  In France it's not like the Premiership where all the clubs are benefiting from an insane TV deal, thereby all getting stronger.  You have just one team that is being backed up by Sovereign Wealth which no one can compete with.  Ibrahimović had more of an impact on footballing world playing the one season in England than he did in all the four seasons in France.  People all over the world stood up and remembered how great a player he was.

"Money is ruining the sport" in one sentence while outlining the virtues of the Premier League in the same post :spit:

Staying at Barca to succeed Messi is a joke tbh.  Why would he do so?

TBH, he probably can't. Messi is 30 and still killing it. When would Neymar take over?

Exactly. So either he accepts to be a legendary supporting cast or he has to go.  You can say he loves money etc but to say he had a bad career move / step down / staying at Barca is the best option etc is bullshit.

I'm going back a few pages but I'm interested again as to why people rate the Bundesliga so highly as a league. It seems to be largely from the fact the national team is successful and that there was an all German CL final 4 years ago.

I find German football a bit of a contradiction for me. It has lots of ideals that should be admired - cheap tickets, full stadiums, 51% fan ownership, focus on youth development. If I lived in Germany I think it would be fantastic to be a match-going supporter. However out of the top 5 leagues it's easily the one I watch the least from the armchair, and I would now probably not tune into anything other than maybe Bayern vs Dortmund.

I find the atmospheres bizarrely sterile despite the huge attendances. It's like watching Pro-Evo crowd, full of colour and the bouncing up and down happening without any correlation to whats going on on the pitch. Then I also find that tactically every game is very similar, with teams playing largely the same style of football and the same systems. Add to this the clubs that have competed at the top in recent years are often plastic, corporate style clubs - Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Hoffenheim. Despite the good ideals, it always comes across very packaged, sanitized and boring. I'd struggle to list the derbies too, other than Dortmund vs Schalke.

All seems like something I should enjoy, but I really struggle to do so. Find it dull tbh.

TBH, he probably can't. Messi is 30 and still killing it. When would Neymar take over?

He would never take over precisely because Messi is ten times the player that petulant crybaby will ever be anyway.

anyway if Qatar weren't spending it on Neymar's salary they'd be spending on funding ISIS wahhabism so it's probably for the best

:lol:

This is so true that it's almost not funny :lol:

Really though, anyone associating with that cretinous government deserves everything that's coming to them.

So it's a free transfer then!

Neymar had to buy himself out of his contract with Barcelona in order to complete his move to France following a battle between the French and Spanish leagues over the payment of his world-record fee.

Absolutely not true regarding Ibra. Suggesting people remembered how great of a player he was only after having joined Manchester United is ridiculous.

He would never take over precisely because Messi is ten times the player that petulant crybaby will ever be anyway.

No one is every going to take over from Messi unless he dies. Man is an alien. Exactly, why Neymar's move makes sense.

No one is every going to take over from Messi unless he dies. Man is an alien. Exactly, why Neymar's move makes sense.

In order to enhance his legacy and standing as an all time footballer, hes joining a club where he's going to play a handful of meaningful games a season?

Not having that like.

If he was joining Madrid or Man City/Utd perhaps.

In order to enhance his legacy and standing as an all time footballer, hes joining a club where he's going to play a handful of meaningful games a season?

Not having that like.

Sorry, but in the end in European football now, only winning the PL means something other than the Champions League. So yes, in order to enhance his legacy he wants to win the CL with PSG.

Also, winning either the CL with PSG or the World Cup is going to make him the best in the world, so he has basically 'doubled' his chance of winning it.

Guest firetotheworks

You're allowed to be objective instead of just defending things because they're Brazilian you know? [emoji38]

Not having that like.

Sorry, but in the end in European football now, only winning the PL means something other than the Champions League. So yes, in order to enhance his legacy he wants to win the CL with PSG.

Also, winning either the CL with PSG or the World Cup is going to make him the best in the world, so he has basically 'doubled' his chance of winning it.

Winning the world cup or champions league isn't going to make him better than Messi.

People will forget about Neymar now because we won't hear his name for weeks on end because there's no champions league football on.

He's made a shocking decision, footballing wise, there's no two ways about it.

I'm going back a few pages but I'm interested again as to why people rate the Bundesliga so highly as a league. It seems to be largely from the fact the national team is successful and that there was an all German CL final 4 years ago.

I find German football a bit of a contradiction for me. It has lots of ideals that should be admired - cheap tickets, full stadiums, 51% fan ownership, focus on youth development. If I lived in Germany I think it would be fantastic to be a match-going supporter. However out of the top 5 leagues it's easily the one I watch the least from the armchair, and I would now probably not tune into anything other than maybe Bayern vs Dortmund.

I find the atmospheres bizarrely sterile despite the huge attendances. It's like watching Pro-Evo crowd, full of colour and the bouncing up and down happening without any correlation to whats going on on the pitch. Then I also find that tactically every game is very similar, with teams playing largely the same style of football and the same systems. Add to this the clubs that have competed at the top in recent years are often plastic, corporate style clubs - Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Hoffenheim. Despite the good ideals, it always comes across very packaged, sanitized and boring. I'd struggle to list the derbies too, other than Dortmund vs Schalke.

All seems like something I should enjoy, but I really struggle to do so. Find it dull tbh.

Bang on. The thing about the constant noise is something I mentioned before as well. I much prefer to hear the crowd reacting to things that happen on the pitch

Not having that like.

What? :lol:

Not having that like.

Winning the world cup or champions league isn't going to make him better than Messi.

People will forget about Neymar now because we won't hear his name for weeks on end because there's no champions league football on.

He's made a shocking decision, footballing wise, there's no two ways about it.

It definitely won't, but individual prizes aren't given to the best player in the world, but to the one who has had the best individual season.

Also, same way everyone forgot about Ibra?

You're allowed to be objective instead of just defending things because they're Brazilian you know? [emoji38]

:lol: Am I the only one defending him? I just see both sides of the argument, something some are either unable to or don't want to because they dislike the player. I understand the idea of this being a step down, it's a huge risk footballing wise being taken by him in moving to PSG. But people are suggesting he should've moved to Man United or City as if they actually made an offer or had the money to pay his release clause. The whole transfer is shambles, and sets quite a dangerous precedent for future transfers with the way it was paid for, but it really doesn't take away the fact (at least IMO, you can have yours) that it might be end up being a very good move for him. He's playing in a squad full of stars such as Cavani, Dani Alves, Di Maria, Verratti and isn't exactly moving to China or the Moon. The French League is like many have pointed out not great, and winning it or the French Cup won't do shit for his legacy or whatever, but surely winning the CL with PSG would be an incredible achievement right?

Not having that like.

What? :lol:

In terms of individual prizes. Not talking about being the best player on the earth, should've made that clearer. Messi is the best player, but yet CRonaldo has won those titles multiple times.