Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Regardless, Ligue 1 is easily no more than the fifth best league.

The super rich clubs are generally in a class of their own, tbh. The secondary fodder in Ligue 1 will generally be competitive and combative enough to make things vaguely interesting, especially with several teams having money to spend again. What else is really important? Who cares what part of Europe he plays in? The matches will be televised worldwide. It is not as though people will unable to watch him play.

Iheanacho to Leiecester ...f***

I think he'll be a brilliant signing, but I rate the boy very highly, obviously. There's a lot of risk involved to break for such a big outlay on a 20 year old who has never started consistently other than a few months in 2016. Leicester have gathered together a quite talented, but odd and mismatched group of players. Their team does not really fit together particularly well imo, and I'm not sure how Kelechi will fit in with Vardy, whether Maguire will improve a back four that is barely adequate, if Gray or Musa are ready to seriously contribute, and how the Mahrez situation will be resolved. I think they are the team that has the most variability of where they might finish this season.

Hope Riviere gets his move back to France soon so that he can beat him in the back of his head with a rock and drag him in to his cave and then draw something about the incident  on the mountain wall.

Serie A is better than the Bundesliga IMO

:lol: not a chance

Leipzig and Hoffenheim finished 2nd and 4th in the Bundesliga last year. Two clubs who were founded about 10 minutes ago and riding entirely on corporate investment. It's like MK Dons and Fleetwood being 2nd and 4th in England.

Overrated league just because of Bayern and the fact you can have a bevvy in the stands.

Neymar is on £782,000 per week at PSG.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

A football career is pretty short to be fair.

:lol:

Aye, tbf he's only getting 30 years of the average person's annual salary each week.

Top players could go and play in the Moldovan league for all I care, tbh. Ligue 1 produces endless amounts of talent every year that gets raided by foreign clubs. Some external financial backing takes a player the other way and Barca's worldwide fanboys are having a whinge about how unfair it is.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Aye, tbf he's only getting 30 years of the average person's annual salary each week.

I mean football has been fucked for a few years now, but this is beyond ridiculous.

FFP should be scraped anyway, all it achieves is maintenance of the status quo

Agree with this.

while I broadly agree it doesn't exactly create a great alternative where it depends on how big a wallet your owner has.

Don't really have any issue with any club from a lesser league spending loads of money. FFP and the way European Football is structured is screwed anyway. If some dirty oil state wants to pump billions in and fuck around with the establishment then good for them. Hope Chinese clubs join UEFA as well.

Top players could go and play in the Moldovan league for all I care, tbh. Ligue 1 produces endless amounts of talent every year that gets raided by foreign clubs. Some external financial backing takes a player the other way and Barca's worldwide fanboys are having a whinge about how unfair it is.

I don't get the mentality where people want all the best players in the same club. I understand thinking it's a backward move for him, but that just makes it more of a challenge. He has a huge challenge now to prove this move was the right one. People thinking it's all about the money are probably unaware that at the age of 25 he's already the third richest footballer with contracts with the biggest brands in the world. He doesn't need more money and I don't see the money having affected his decision more than it affects any other players decision to change clubs at different times.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

I mean football has been f***ed for a few years now, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Why are you so interested in the content of this man's accounts? All over the world, people are making more than this by sitting on money from previous generations, wanton corruption, and/or shrewd investment. Neymar is one of the best footballers in the world, why should he not be paid on par with the best bankers, actors, or musicians in the world?

Guest mrainey

I'm loving it. That official PSG Verratti tweet was class.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

I mean football has been f***ed for a few years now, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Why are you so interested in the content of this man's accounts? All over the world, people are making more than this by sitting on money from previous generations and wanton corruption. Neymar is one of the best footballers in the world, why should he not be paid on par with the best bankers, actors, or musicians in the world?

Which musician gets 750k a week for 5 years like?

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Why are you so interested in the content of this man's accounts? All over the world, people are making more than this by sitting on money from previous generations and wanton corruption. Neymar is one of the best footballers in the world, why should he not be paid on par with the best bankers, actors, or musicians in the world?

James Blunt.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Adam Sandler probably comes close with the amount of atrocious films that inexplicably perform well. :lol:

Flip is right.

He is going because of a combination of the money, the new challenge, the greater responsibility, the location, and that he's joining a team who are - in all honesty - a similar level to the current Barca side. Barca only beat them last season by 1 goal, thanks almost entirely to Neymar himself.

Arguing that it is PURELY the money is a poor argument. If in an alternative reality APOEL Nicosia or BATE Borisov paid his release clause and offered him the same amount of money Neymar would not be going there.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

James Blunt.

Justified