Clément Grenier

LRD

Guest VanBarduck

you can have a look at what they think (Lyon fans that is, if a forum can be seen as being representative).....................http://forum.olweb.fr/showthread.php?152149-OL-R-amp-T-mercato-hivernal-2014/page146

more than one wouldn't be averse to selling him to us.

Ooooh. Lets cut out the middle man and go straight for Davy Propper. :lol:

:lol:

Guest VanBarduck

He's one of the best propects in their league so I'd be surprised if we pay under £15M  for him.

Not as surprised as I'd be if we pay over £15m.

TBF, we managed to get Cabaye for a ludicrous price.

Different age, contract situation, etc...

A couple of them arguing that the sale of Grenier would help them keep 3 or 4 other players (extend their contracts?), rather than keep Grenier and have to replace the 3 or 4 whose contracts are running out. They're not laughing our bid off for what it's worth.

Neither are Lyon I guess, otherwise they would have rejected it already.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hope we won't be running out the usual 'fake bid' talk in this thread in a few days

I think it's a genuine bid but whether we've deliberately offered an amount below their valuation I don't know.

Guest VanBarduck

Signing him will be the coup of the decade for us, He's that good IMO.

He's not a "crack" like those players who are already world class at 21 (Neymar,Gotze and co ) Dare I say it, his developpment is similar to Zidane in my opinion, like every number 10 actually, he'll need time to fully understand such a complex role, but eventually he'll be one the best player you've ever seen.

He's not a "crack" like those players who are already world class at 21 (Neymar,Gotze and co ) Dare I say it, his developpment is similar to Zidane in my opinion, like every number 10 actually, he'll need time to fully understand such a complex role, but  eventually he'll be one the best player you've ever seen.

How come my french friends (Marseille fans but anyways) are telling me he's a very talented player extremely inconsistent?

He's not a "crack" like those players who are already world class at 21 (Neymar,Gotze and co ) Dare I say it, his developpment is similar to Zidane in my opinion, like every number 10 actually, he'll need time to fully understand such a complex role, but eventually he'll be one the best player you've ever seen.

Oh ffs, stop it. You're killing me here. Saturday's going to be fkn awful. :lol:

He's not a "crack" like those players who are already world class at 21 (Neymar,Gotze and co ) Dare I say it, his developpment is similar to Zidane in my opinion, like every number 10 actually, he'll need time to fully understand such a complex role, but  eventually he'll be one the best player you've ever seen.

How come my french friends (Marseille fans but anyways) are telling me he's a very talented player extremely inconsistent?

Those two things aren't contradictory.

You will get people over excited and expect too much man :lol:

I have seen him a fair bit as Lyon are on BT and ESPN quite a lot but i don't think he's THAT good, would rather keep the expectations low.  ;)

To clarify, he would instantly be one of our best players if not the best but saying he could be one of the best players we have ever seen is a bit much.  O0

How come my french friends (Marseille fans but anyways) are telling me he's a very talented player but extremely inconsistent?

Those two things aren't contradictory.

Possibly, but still gets me that they've told me that €13m is far too much for him yet vanBarpunk is saying he might become the best player we'll ever see?