Clément Grenier

LRD

Well apparently it makes more sense to buy the replacement first. Who the f*** would've thought that, like?

BUT if we bought him first and then we didn't sell Cabaye it would have bankrupt the club, do you want us to become Portsmouth?

I assume this is irony.

It certainly is, I'm sure Pardew has mentioned in the past we can't buy the replacement first in case the sale falls through, though how other clubs manage it is beyond me

Sounds a hell of a lot more like him not fancying us than Ashley failing to pay up. That wont sit well with the fake bid brigade.

Maybe he doesn't fancy us because our offer was laughably bad? That wont sit well with the "Fair play to Ian W. The amount of s*** he takes for the amount of sense he talks is amazing" brigade.

Sounds a hell of a lot more like him not fancying us than Ashley failing to pay up. That wont sit well with the fake bid brigade.

Maybe he doesn't fancy us because our offer was laughably bad? That wont sit well with the "Fair play to Ian W. The amount of s*** he takes for the amount of sense he talks is amazing" brigade.

Come now, two people hardly constitutes a "brigade".

Not selling Cabaye in the last week of the window would have helped, don't give a flying fuck about any agreement we had with Cabaye.

If PSG loved him so much as wanted him so badly they should have acted much sooner, money rules again though.. £20m is heaven to Ashley instead of growing a pair and telling PSG to fuck off until the summer and Cabaye to knuckle the fk down until then.

:lol: might it not have been prudent to source alternatives before hand? rather than one player? A bid under the valuation and wages half of what cabaye was getting?

He said this 2 days ago, man:

£20m or £25m it matters not a jot. We'd be lucky to see £10m of it reinvested in a future window.

Bloke doesn't know where he's at.

Saywhatnow? :lol:

I've always admitted we're too tight with fees, and I never claimed we'd pay what it takes to get every target. I just dont believe we deliberately fail or make up fake bids.

Alot of untruths are told by agents, clubs and players during these negotiations. I read that quote as more of an invitation to come back with more rather than a case closed. The only problem is others expect these negotiations to be flexible but our ownership usually tend to be pretty rigid in theamount of wiggle room they have, or at least that's how it appears. So alas, I suspect it's probably done and dusted, with of course no time to look at alternatives, some will say that is convenient, other would say there is time but they don't have a desire to make things happen. 

:lol: might it not have been prudent to source alternatives before hand? rather than one player? A bid under the valuation and wages half of what cabaye was getting?

He said this 2 days ago, man:

£20m or £25m it matters not a jot. We'd be lucky to see £10m of it reinvested in a future window.

Bloke doesn't know where he's at.

:lol: polemic viewpoints "we won't spend anything!!" / "lol at you fake bid crew!"

So we bid £10 million and it didn't work, either because the fee was too low, or possibly because the player was never that interested. I reckon it was more the second one. Low bids tend to work when the player actively wants the move no?

I'd have liked to see a few alternatives yeah. But replacing Cabaye is not an easy job. Personally I don't know who those alternatives would be. I trust in Carr's judgement. I'd rather hang on and get the right player. There's little left to play for this season.

I don't love our transfer policy but you'd have to admit, we've brought in some superb transfers. Not enough obviously, but the days of spunking £6m on the likes of Bramble are over.

This is the only username I've ever had.

Now that I'm done talking, you may bring the rage.

It's an example of an owner/chairman showing solidarity with a respected manager's judgement to bring in a young British player for probably more than he was worth. It didn't turn out like we wanted but he more than repaid his transfer fee.

As if any idiot would prefer the nonsense we've got now over that.