Newcastle United 0 - 3 Sunderland - 01/02/14- Post-bumming reaction from page 43

LRD

Easy target, played out of position and asked to do Cabaye's job, aye he was shite but I wouldn't see it going any other way under Pardews ineptitude. No one can hold their head high after that performance but Ben Arfa is not a central midfield lynchpin ffs.

As for Shola..... Really people are defending him?? He can only be exonerated by the fact it's not his fault he keeps getting played.

Brown, O'Shea and Bardsley must be one of the slowest backlines in the history of the Premier League (no idea about Alonso). Very sensible to howk long balls at them. You wouldn't believe it unless you'd seen it for yourself.

Can't wait to see what our plans are going to be when we go "back to basics".

I think we missed Remy quite a bit. Shola, as usual, doesn't deserve half the stick he gets, but he doesn't have Remy's movement and we really needed that for our formation to work the way it did against Norwich.

Who would have thought we would have missed our best striker quite a bit? My mind is f***ing blown from reading your post

I don't know why everyone's getting their knickers in a twist. I was just pointing out that the difference between today's performance and Tuesday's was Remy, which isn't a point I've seen made. And it wasn't just his finishing but his movement that was missed today.

I don't know why everyone's getting their knickers in a twist. I was just pointing out that the difference between today's performance and Tuesday's was Remy, which isn't a point I've seen made. And it wasn't just his finishing but his movement that was missed today.

Against Norwich we scored nowt, today we scored nowt.

The thing is, because Remy couldn't play he had to put Shola in, but why change tactics?

Why could we not have set up the same as against Norwich, kept the ball on the deck in the high winds, and basically play round Shola.

Why could he not just have left Ben Arfa on the right and told him, Sammy and Sissoko to run at them?

Instead he has obviously had a word with Tiote and told him he needs more out of him so instead of him covering the back 4 he was all over the place leaving huge gaps. Ben Arfa was lost in the middle then the left and no one really knew what they were doing. Can't absolve the players of all blame, in fact they are rightly being crucified, but it can't be easy playing under this coward.

Because he has no idea how to beat Poyet and he's scared of losing to Sunderland game after game, so he reverts to his conservative tactics - keep it tight & hope that one of our flair players can create something out of nothing.  Except we're running short on flair players since they're either injured or suspended or we've yet again sold someone without having a replacement lined up and it's a tactic that never works when the opposition press our players quickly (basically doing exactly what we should have been doing from the first minute).

That style of tactics clearly don't work with the players we have, as has been demonstrated almost every time he's tried it.  He's an utter fool to try it again but he really does not seem to have any other idea of how to set a team up to play.

Guest bimpy474

A gutless clueless arrogant manager and a useless lump of shit of a centre forward, and people are still looking to defend the pair of them.

Blimey.

The thing is, because Remy couldn't play he had to put Shola in, but why change tactics?

Why could we not have set up the same as against Norwich, kept the ball on the deck in the high winds, and basically play round Shola.

Why could he not just have left Ben Arfa on the right and told him, Sammy and Sissoko to run at them?

Instead he has obviously had a word with Tiote and told him he needs more out of him so instead of him covering the back 4 he was all over the place leaving huge gaps. Ben Arfa was lost in the middle then the left and no one really knew what they were doing. Can't absolve the players of all blame, in fact they are rightly being crucified, but it can't be easy playing under this coward.

Because he has no idea how to beat Poyet and he's scared of losing to Sunderland game after game, so he reverts to his conservative tactics - keep it tight & hope that one of our flair players can create something out of nothing.  Except we're running short on flair players since they're either injured or suspended or we've yet again sold someone without having a replacement lined up and it's a tactic that never works when the opposition press our players quickly (basically doing exactly what we should have been doing from the first minute).

That style of tactics clearly don't work with the players we have, as has been demonstrated almost every time he's tried it.  He's an utter fool to try it again but he really does not seem to have any other idea of how to set a team up to play.

Good post.

He basically admitted several times last season that he couldn't win a game without Cabaye. The only time we've ever been able to pass the ball is when he's been on his game. Now he's got four months without him. It's going to be fucking grim.

Probably my worst day as a supporter this. Relegation was obviously devastating, but now I feel like I've lost my club. I'm not a Geordie but this wonderful club has been a part of me since I was a little boy. It's disgusting that something I and we all love so much can be ruined by one selfish owner. Utterly deflated.

EDIT: Ah whoops meant for the Ashley thread. SEE WHAT HE'S DOING TO ME?!

In that case - I have absolutely no idea what your previous comment meant.

Whose fault was it that we didn't play the type of balls to Shola that you think he needed?

Well logically - anyone other than Shola?

I feel much worse about the club at the moment than I did when we went down, even worse than last season. Just goes to show that the league table isn't everything.

It's going to get worse before it gets better too. A bog standard XI fucking schooled us today, wait til Hazard, Willian and Oscar start running at us.

I feel much worse about the club at the moment than I did when we went down, even worse than last season. Just goes to show that the league table isn't everything.

:thup: starting to feel nothing but apathy tbh. We've reached our peak under these lot and I can't seeing us having a better team than the one we started the season with for a long while.

It's going to get worse before it gets better too. A bog standard XI fucking schooled us today, wait til Hazard, Willian and Oscar start running at us.

Chelsea aren't all that either tbh, but they are similar to Sunderland in that they have a manager who is getting the best out of their resources.

It's going to get worse before it gets better too. A bog standard XI f***ing schooled us today, wait til Hazard, Willian and Oscar start running at us.

Chelsea aren't all that either tbh, but they are similar to Sunderland in that they have a manager who is getting the best out of their resources.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/smiles/notsureifserious.jpg

No, but they're about 100 times better than sunlun....which means they'll beat us-roughly, mind-300 nil.  :blackeye:

They're not a bog standard XI. They're better than their league position suggests. Di Canio made a complete mess of things.

Today, they looked relaxed and we looked nervous and under pressure. The expectation seemed to get to our players a bit, but it was always going to be a close game.