Newcastle United 0 - 3 Sunderland - 01/02/14- Post-bumming reaction from page 43

LRD

The worst thing about that game was that the best team won. We were awful and they were quite good.

We're gonna miss Cabaye so much and that's not just because of how good a player he is as an individual, but mainly because of his effect on the rest of our team. With him the rest of them who are decent supporting players but don't have that extra creative spark that can change a game can relax and play within the limits of their abilities. Without him they feel like they have to fill the gap he's left behind and try to play beyond themselves, meaning they end up performing worse than they would have done otherwise. We have no-one who can fill that role, so we're going to have to find a different way of playing or the rest of the season is going to be a nightmare.

I know it's seriously early days, but De Jong looks like a bit of a dud, that first big chance he had where he was clean through and inexplicably turned and ran straight into a load of their players was seriously depressing. I guess he's low on confidence given what's happened following his last move, but it doesn't look like coming to us has snapped him out of it like often happens, reckon he'll have a disappointing time for us and we'll end up not signing him in the summer. That's just a gut feeling, hope it's wrong.

Mapou must have shagged Pardew's mam or something, it's totally inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of him. It's inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of anyone though, to be honest.

only reason I can think of is he or his agent kicked off behind the scenes saying he'd leave unless he was playing and with colo probably off too and replacements :lol:

Taylor's? Surely no-one could have seen that as anything other than the best news ever.

Don't tell me about loosing Cabaye. We would never had won with 10 Capayes today. The players looked like they were playing a friendly game in a park on a Sunday. Pathetic...

Pardew was rubbish today too. Why the fuc*ing long balls ? Why Shola Ameobi ? Why did Santon stay too long ? Why no Cisse instead of the useless Ameobi ?

Don't tell me about loosing Cabaye. We would never had won with 10 Capayes today. The players looked like they were playing a friendly game in a park on a Sunday. Pathetic...

Pardew was rubbish today too. Why the fuc*ing long balls ? Why Shola Ameobi ? Why did Santon stay too long ? Why no Cisse instead of the useless Ameobi ?

Pardew's always rubbish.

The worst thing about that game was that the best team won. We were awful and they were quite good.

We're gonna miss Cabaye so much and that's not just because of how good a player he is as an individual, but mainly because of his effect on the rest of our team. With him the rest of them who are decent supporting players but don't have that extra creative spark that can change a game can relax and play within the limits of their abilities. Without him they feel like they have to fill the gap he's left behind and try to play beyond themselves, meaning they end up performing worse than they would have done otherwise. We have no-one who can fill that role, so we're going to have to find a different way of playing or the rest of the season is going to be a nightmare.

I know it's seriously early days, but De Jong looks like a bit of a dud, that first big chance he had where he was clean through and inexplicably turned and ran straight into a load of their players was seriously depressing. I guess he's low on confidence given what's happened following his last move, but it doesn't look like coming to us has snapped him out of it like often happens, reckon he'll have a disappointing time for us and we'll end up not signing him in the summer. That's just a gut feeling, hope it's wrong.

Mapou must have shagged Pardew's mam or something, it's totally inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of him. It's inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of anyone though, to be honest.

only reason I can think of is he or his agent kicked off behind the scenes saying he'd leave unless he was playing and with colo probably off too and replacements :lol:

Taylor's? Surely no-one could have seen that as anything other than the best news ever.

look at it from Pardews pov, cb is the one area we actually have cover in but its tenuous like everything else. Colo doesn't want to be here anymore and wouldn't be except for us basically forcing him to stay and he will probably be off in the summer. On top of that he's picking up more injuries so hard to really rely on him, Taylor leaving too leaves us with 2 cbs because there's not a fucking hope he'd be replaced. So he goes for a pragmatic option, I don't agree with it in the slightest and really wouldn't miss taylor in the slightest but its the only logic I can think of.

The reason people like Taylor and Shola get picked ahead of other options is the same reason Tevez and Mascherano used to get benched in favour of British footballers at West ham. Pardew likes to go with the players which fit his ethos.

To be fair to Shola, everyone knows he's not up to it, but at least he did something today, I know he didn't take any of them but he created a few chances and got a few efforts on target, which is more than can be said for the rest of them. If I was giving marks for today's game I'd give Shola a 2, Krul a 7 and the rest 0 if they're lucky.

I think you're right about Pardew though, I think he often picks players for reasons other than that their the best man for the job. I think he buys into the myth that we want a team full of locals more than we want a decent team, there's no other possible reason that Taylor is still at the club, let alone in the team. Similarly the only reason for bringing Dummett on ahead of Haidara is because he's British. Does anyone really actually care where our players come from? I couldn't give a shit myself.

out-muscled, outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled-- every aspect of that game belonged to sunderland. we sold cabaye & lost the heart of every french player in the side. pardew, well, yada yada yada... embarrassing lack of effort at every level from those professionally associated with NUFC.

Pardew;

Gamplean - said it didn't work. First 15mins, OK - players got sucked into occasion - lack of composure and assurance - players playing for percentages. Gonna have to go back to basics and find a new gameplan. Lack of leadership and control. Players were up for the game. :D Crowd getting on the players backs didn't help. Lacked conviction when it came to taking chances, Shola and Sissoko should have taken their chances. All 3 goals disappointing. Blaming the loss of Remy and Cabaye - Sammi played despite being unwell. Felt sorry for de Jong being thrust in, being so short of match practice. Hard for him to take for losing 3 derbies in a row. Will lean on our points total - get the players back together and get some composure for Chelsea next weekend. Mick Lowes, sadly making a couple of excuses for him. :(

The reason people like Taylor and Shola get picked ahead of other options is the same reason Tevez and Mascherano used to get benched in favour of British footballers at West ham. Pardew likes to go with the players which fit his ethos.

To be fair to Shola, everyone knows he's not up to it, but at least he did something today, I know he didn't take any of them but he created a few chances and got a few efforts on target, which is more than can be said for the rest of them. If I was giving marks for today's game I'd give Shola a 2, Krul a 7 and the rest 0 if they're lucky.

I think you're right about Pardew though, I think he often picks players for reasons other than that their the best man for the job. I think he buys into the myth that we want a team full of locals more than we want a decent team, there's no other possible reason that Taylor is still at the club, let alone in the team. Similarly the only reason for bringing Dummett on ahead of Haidara is because he's British. Does anyone really actually care where our players come from? I couldn't give a shit myself.

I would love to have local players if they were good enough. Ask a Sunderland fan today if he'd be happier with British players and a British manager and see what answer you'll get.

The club is as much as a joke as the so called fans running on the pitch.

I wasn't surprised, angry and barely even sad about today. It was a forgone conclusion before the match even started. The horror is we will likely still do enough to get 9th or 10th and cancer #2 pardew will still be here.

He can't motivate players, he can't grasp tactics, he is a total liability and as much to blame as Ashley.

Ok apathy has worn off now. I'm starting to get furious. You know what, if they can approach the rest of the season as pointless so can we.. I hope there are protests, I hope 50,000 fans turn up every week and sit outside the ground. This club is done until Ashley leaves. He might bide himself time is he grows some balls and fires Pardew and hires someone that could inspire the players, the fans and maybe even himself. He won't though.

Friend of mine who was at the game, says there's bother in town. :( Was always gonna happen,

Hope the phone boxes and horses don't take too much of a pounding. No need for it despite the sickening result.

Saw nowt round the haymarket. Thought the lock up your horses chant from the mackems was canny funny.