Newcastle United 0 - 3 Sunderland - 01/02/14- Post-bumming reaction from page 43

LRD

The thing is, we didn't really turn. Not massively. I've heard the FCB chant sung louder and longer than that. And how Pardew gets away without a single chant against him is beyond me. It's to our credit and our detriment at the same time.

There was a fair few of our lot singing sacked in the morning where I was.

Someone said the mackems were singing it and some of our lot joined in. Good thing about the SE corner is that you can't really hear the away fans-partly acoustics, partly the noisy buggers in our section. Having said that, it's not even like the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant which was sung against Reading last season. Only time I've heard open, collective dissent against him.

Yeah it's scary how he's still in favour with the fans. Genuinely baffles me. He's an awful manager and has been throughout his whole tenure here.

Wullie is quick out today, we got beat.

Pardew's fault, awful tactics, awful mentality and awful performance. As much as I think the blame lies on Pardew, there's no need for not one of out players to get no higher than a 4 out of 10. Disgraceful both those on and off it, complete bottlers!

Yes, Di Canio had a similar opinion of his players, a bunch of bottlers. Yet hey presto, a new manager comes in, picks formerly discarded players, gives them some direction and the bottling bastards start getting into cup finals and doing doubles over their illustrious neighbours!

I think we missed Remy quite a bit. Shola, as usual, doesn't deserve half the stick he gets, but he doesn't have Remy's movement and we really needed that for our formation to work the way it did against Norwich.

I think we missed Remy quite a bit. Shola, as usual, doesn't deserve half the stick he gets, but he doesn't have Remy's movement and we really needed that for our formation to work the way it did against Norwich.

Here's another one.

Another one of the 'target man, battering ram' club - he is total and utter shit end of always has been and always will be

Yep.

The thing is, because Remy couldn't play he had to put Shola in, but why change tactics?

Why could we not have set up the same as against Norwich, kept the ball on the deck in the high winds, and basically play round Shola.

Why could he not just have left Ben Arfa on the right and told him, Sammy and Sissoko to run at them?

Instead he has obviously had a word with Tiote and told him he needs more out of him so instead of him covering the back 4 he was all over the place leaving huge gaps. Ben Arfa was lost in the middle then the left and no one really knew what they were doing. Can't absolve the players of all blame, in fact they are rightly being crucified, but it can't be easy playing under this coward.

:lol:

Yep.

You're both nuts.

Starting Shola was shit but it was the use of him that was fucking astonishing. We literally bypassed midfield and took every opportunity to hoof it up to him, it mightn't have been so bad if he was used more as a focal point for our midfielders to interchange with or a target for crosses but he was pretty much told to win possession and do something with it.

We lost control of the midfield and game, as a result.

Starting Shola was s*** but it was the use of him that was f***ing astonishing. We literally bypassed midfield and took every opportunity to hoof it up to him, it mightn't have been so bad if he was used more as a focal point for our midfielders to interchange with or a target for crosses but he was pretty much told to win possession and do something with it.

We lost control of the midfield and game, as a result.

This 100%.  Not sure what people expected Shola to do with the diet of long balls hoofed over his head.  At least play the ball to him so he can hold it up and bring other players in.

Who would have thought we would have missed our best striker quite a bit? My mind is f***ing blown from reading your post

The thing is, because Remy couldn't play he had to put Shola in, but why change tactics?

Why could we not have set up the same as against Norwich, kept the ball on the deck in the high winds, and basically play round Shola.

Why could he not just have left Ben Arfa on the right and told him, Sammy and Sissoko to run at them?

Instead he has obviously had a word with Tiote and told him he needs more out of him so instead of him covering the back 4 he was all over the place leaving huge gaps. Ben Arfa was lost in the middle then the left and no one really knew what they were doing. Can't absolve the players of all blame, in fact they are rightly being crucified, but it can't be easy playing under this coward.

Agree wi this.

The players deserve huge stick for their utterly shyte performances today but the way we were set up was utterly appalling. Played right into their hands. Pardew bottled it -purely and simply. He reverted to type cos he was scared of losing this one and it backfired spectacularly.

And the only ones to suffer are us. You think he or the players are going to have a sleepless night tonight or wake up tomorrow with their heads in their hands as the events of today replay over and f****ing over in their heads? Not a f****ing chance.

This 100%.  Not sure what people expected Shola to do with the diet of long balls hoofed over his head.  At least play the ball to him so he can hold it up and bring other players in.

Those bastard defenders, taking it upon themselves to just hoof it.

Those b****** defenders, taking it upon themselves to just hoof it.

Eh?  Are you blaming Shola for the tactics?

Agree wi this.

The players deserve huge stick for their utterly shyte performances today but the way we were set up was utterly appalling. Played right into their hands. Pardew bottled it -purely and simply. He reverted to type cos he was scared of losing this one and it backfired spectacularly.

And the only ones to suffer are us. You think he or the players are going to have a sleepless night tonight or wake up tomorrow with their heads in their hands as the events of today replay over and f****ing over in their heads? Not a f****ing chance.

Correct. He pressed the panic (Shola hoofball) button too early in the same game last season (half-time). F***ing off the map to repeat the tactic from the off today.

Brown, O'Shea and Bardsley must be one of the slowest backlines in the history of the Premier League (no idea about Alonso). Very sensible to howk long balls at them. You wouldn't believe it unless you'd seen it for yourself.

What happened when someone ran on the pitch? Some places are saying it was one person and others are saying that it was a group?

One actually walked onto the pitch between two stewards unchallenged, then ran up to the ball and kicked it, evaded another two of the chubby funsters before being tackled.

Easiest job in the world being a steward at SJP.  They do fuck all.

What happened when someone ran on the pitch? Some places are saying it was one person and others are saying that it was a group?

One actually walked onto the pitch between two stewards unchallenged, then ran up to the ball and kicked it, evaded another two of the chubby funsters before being tackled.

Easiest job in the world being a steward at SJP.  They do f*** all.

Aye. The lazy b*****d ball boys aspire to be stewards when they grow up.