Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 23/02/14 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports 1)

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more I think about tomorrow, the more I see a fairly easy 2-0. Think Coloccini, Tiote & Remy coming back in makes us look immensely stronger in all departments compared to the last 3 games.

Should be if we go with a sensible line up as Villa are gash but confidence is on the floor at the moment and if we don't score first half they'll grow in to it.

Think it'll be reminiscent of some of the games at this time last season. A genuine "Who is less shit and makes less errors" will take the initiative rather than any flair or "magic" from the players.

Would be nice to see de Jong have a good game, seems decent if not brilliant and him playing well might mean we actually buy him and a striker through the door > all else really given the clip we're likely to be in next season.

After all of the hoo ha about telling the players off, and dropping undeserving players etc.

Can you imagine if we get tonked again? It would be fascinating to see what the goofy manager would come up with then.

Didn't notice that Villa are the only team in the league in as poor home form as us.

So 0-0?

Seems likely. We've scored 6 goals in our last 6 home matches (5 of them against Stoke :lol:) and they've scored 5 goals in their last 6 away matches.

Didn't notice that Villa are the only team in the league in as poor home form as us.

So 0-0?

Seems likely. We've scored 6 goals in our last 6 home matches (5 of them against Stoke :lol:) and they've scored 5 goals in their last 6 away matches.

:lol: Should be a good game.

I honestly can't predict todays game, with Colo and Remy back we should win, but Pardew no longer has JFK breathing down his neck so despite all his bluster he is just coasting till the summer like the rest of them.

Think I'm just going to watch it somewhere in Toon, not going to matches anymore as painful as it is, but there's literally no point.

My interest in this game has been lowered considerably since the club dismissed the rumours that if we lose Pardew is gone. I almost hope we lose tbh, just for people to maybe finally realise that we've got to make a stand.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, there is just no point in it.  Last weekend was great, no football and I enjoyed it a lot more than the weeks before, trudging up to the ground.

I have stuff in the garage i need to clean out and take to the tip, says a lot when that seems so much more appealing than going to watch Newcastle.

No way we should be fearful of these, like. We've got players who can do the magic, we've got players back who can make us play more of a team. Villa seem to do better away from home but there is no chance i'd be happy or even content with a draw. No excuses here not to win and i fancy us to do so.

No way we should be fearful of these, like. We've got players who can do the magic, we've got players back who can make us play more of a team. Villa seem to do better away from home but there is no chance i'd be happy or even content with a draw. No excuses here not to win and i fancy us to do so.

Players like Marveux and Ben Arfa who will no doubt both be on the bench or in the stands.

I'm concerned how our backline will handle Villa's pace tbh