Who's going to win the league?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Man City or Chelsea.

This, think it could go all the way. Maybe City to edge it if Aguero stays fit

Not being in any cups gives L'pool a chance but I don't think they'll do it. They're just one wobble away from being out of it.

Arsenal really needed to keep up the consistency of beating the teams outside of the top 5. They didn't. With the games in the cups I don't think they'll be able to put 9/10 wins together. I really want them to win it but at this moment I think 4th and the FA Cup would be a good season. Things can change but I can't see them going on another strong winning streak.

I prefer City out of the two so i'll go with them but Chelsea will push them close. I think L'pool will run them close too but that 4 point gap doesn't leave much room for faults, and they will falter slightly at some point. Arsenal - need to regain momentum to have any chance.

It's between City and Chelsea - it is City's to lose basically.

Arsenal had a chance (again) and missed out on a chance to progress (again). Liverpool are just Liverpool - they won't win it.

Extremely negligent for Arsenal not to have bought a striker in January. Bewildering.

Everyone says this but who exactly was available in January?

Anyway Chelsea will, Liverpool will choke at some point and City concede far too many goals.

Arsenal had a chance (again) and missed out on a chance to progress (again). Liverpool are just Liverpool - they won't win it.

Don't know how it's City's to lose when you look at the form Chelsea are in.

Don't know how it's City's to lose when you look at the form Chelsea are in.

Because if they win all the rest of their games, they win the title - that's how :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Think it'll boil down to if Man City can avoid defeat at Anfield now. Don't really have confidence in Chelsea's ability to blow teams away - their victories tend to be close-run affairs in general, and they don't have enough 'easy goals' in the team.

Liverpool, by contrast, won't falter now against a lesser side you'd think. Too much firepower.

Man City aren't exactly blowing teams away atm either as they were, but they carry more threat than Chelsea against the also-rans of the league and they have more options too.

Arsenal will do well to get 2nd or 3rd with their lack of options up-front and key injuries for their tough run-in IMO.

Arsenal have done well to still be involved with the lack of depth and injury troubles. If they could get a couple back from injury they have half a shout. Will need to start beating their rivals though. But they've hit a rough patch and are still right there.

L'pool have been great. They could still yet power to the finishing line but they must have 1 or 2 bad performances in them in the season... will they win when they aren't playing well?

Chelsea? Lack guile. 90% of the league will just implode 90% of the team anyway. Make a mistake - goal. So they have a great chance.

City are the opposite. Lack a bit of solidity but have goals in the side. With only the league to play for they have to be favourites. Think City will just be too good but it will be close. 1 bad result here or there changes everything.

Man City lose Kompany for the next three games right? And the goals aren't flowing for them like they were earlier in the season. Think they're going to blow it.

Chelsea are just pathetic. Takes such an effort for them to score a goal, it's embarrassing.

All signs point to Liverpool IMO.

Man City lose Kompany for the next three games right? And the goals aren't flowing for them like they were earlier in the season. Think they're going to blow it.

Chelsea are just pathetic. Takes such an effort for them to score a goal, it's embarrassing.

All signs point to Liverpool IMO.

FFS I thought we sorted this rule out when MYM got sent off. It's a 1 match ban. 3 matches is only for violent conduct/wild tackles e.g. Debuchy tackles.

City have a lot of goals throughout the side. Even without Aguero there's Dzeko, Negredo, Toure, Jovetic. Even the likes of Nasri, Fernandinho & Silva have that match-winning ability. Much like La Liga & Real Madrid they simply have too much in the squad. If they can hold it together defensively they should win it.

For me L'pool & Arsenal are 1 loss away from being out of it.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'd say Chelsea. They made some good purchases in January and strengthened where they had to (note that I use the word strengthen very lightly  :lol:). They rarely play fluently and with dominance like Liv/Arse/ManC but they know how to win when they play poorly and can grind results. That win at City was one of the best performances of the season if you consider how well City was demolishing teams at home.

Liverpool really deserve to win it for me but I wouldn't be able to stand their fans if they do. Also they sometimes don't turn up against the good sides which I fear could ruin their chances. Runners up ?.

Arsenal and MCity for 3rd and 4th place.

Voted Liverpool. Never tought i was gonna say, but i hope they win it over the others. Showing that it is possible without chelsea og citys money.

Same goes for Arsenal i guess, but Liverpool has been far more entertaining as a neutral this year.