Who's going to win the league?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprised how Arsenal are discounted. I think their win yesterday was massive, and perhaps not given enough praise considering Liverpool's result earlier.

Goes without saying, but if they come out of the next 4 games with anything above 8 points, I think they stand a great chance of winning the league. I think 85 points will win it.

Interestingly, our most nervy wins sine 2014 have been against relegation fodder like Stoke, Fulham and Cardiff. Whereas the wins against better sides (Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Southampton) have been very straightforward and the defense has been a lot better in those games.

Next 2 games against Cardiff and Sunderland will probably tell if the last couple of clean sheets was a fluke, or if we have genuinely tightened at the back. Have to be honest, didn't expect Rodgers to totally change the shape of the team at this stage of the season, but the switch to 4-1-2-1-2 diamond has worked wonderfully, made us more compact in the middle and forced the opposition to attack us from the sides with their fullbacks, which when disposed creates a 2 vs 2. situations between Suarez and Sturridge and their centre backs. Will be interesting to see if Rodgers keeps the same formation against likes of Cardiff or Sunderland as well.

Anyways, massive 2 weeks coming up:

Chelsea-Arsenal

Man Utd- City

Arsenal- City

Liverpool- Spurs

I think we'll have a better idea of things after round 32 on March 29th.

City and Liverpool are the only teams that have that "kill-switch" when they are in control. Chelsea don't seem to have it unless Hazard is up for it. City and Liverpool have multiple players who if there is blood in the water, they swarm, they destroy and they win. April 14th Pool v City is hopefully going to be epic.

Perhaps Liverpool winning the title will make me enjoy football again? I'm just bloody sick of the same old s*** every year.

Yeah but on the flip side.... Chelsea and Arsenal can easily keep anyone to zero goals when they are setup properly :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if City's and Liverpool's lacklustre defense costs them in the end.

<loads up Aguero's title winning goal>

:lol: :thup:

Tbf though how likely is that to happen again?  :laugh:

Isn't this where Mourinho gets his reputation at this time of the year? His head games and tactics are tailor made for grinding out results at this part of the campaign?

Going to be a brilliant run-in when I can't be arsed with our matches.

I stand by vote for Chelsea despite despising the idea. Liverpool are playing great football but that defense its going to cost them sooner or later. City are too all over the place for the quality of their side and what the hell happened to their defense which on paper is pretty damn good (not including demechilis) and Agueros just breaking down. And Arsenal who I'd love to win just lack the depth of quality in the squad and its hard not to see them bottling it.

Polls like this one from the SkySports website are why Liverpool can't win the league:

Liverpool's greatest No.7?

Luis Suarez 46%

Peter Beardsley 1%

Kevin Keegan 5%

Kenny Dalglish 44%

Ian Callaghan 1%

Steve McManaman 3%

If they win the league, next September, they'll have the same poll for Raheem Sterling.

Polls like this one from the SkySports website are why Liverpool can't win the league:

Liverpool's greatest No.7?

Luis Suarez 46%

Peter Beardsley 1%

Kevin Keegan 5%

Kenny Dalglish 44%

Ian Callaghan 1%

Steve McManaman 3%

If they win the league, next September, they'll have the same poll for Raheem Sterling.

As if Kermit was  better than Pedro.

Arsenal and MCity for 3rd and 4th place.

City 4th, really?  They have three games in hand, and only need to win two of those to go top.  Even if you don't think they'll win the league (they will), they definitely won't finish beneath Arsenal.

This.

Chelsea play 2 of the top 9

Liverpool 4/9

Arsenal 4/9

City 5/9

Yes they have games in hand but they have a harder run in and this season they seem more vulnerable when they pick up injuries.

Only 5 of the top 9 have anything to play for. As the season winds down, us, Southampton & Spurs begin to look like dead rubber games. I wouldn't want to face the teams fighting for their lives.

I have a sneaky feeling Liverpool are going to do it however looking at the remaining games I think it might be finish like this:

Man City 87

Chelsea 86

Liverpool 85

Arsenal 83

Love a tight finish!!

Chelsea

Crystal Palace away

Stoke City home

Swansea City away

Sunderland home

Liverpool away

Norwich City home

Cardiff City away

Liverpool

Sunderland home

Tottenham Hotspur home

West Ham United away

Manchester City home

Norwich City away

Chelsea home

Crystal Palace away

Newcastle United home

Man City

Manchester United away

Arsenal away

Southampton home

Liverpool away

Sunderland home

West Bromwich Albion home

Crystal Palace away

Everton away

Aston Villa home

West Ham United home

Can't see it beyond Chelsea now (:anguish:). They have a vastly easier run in and Mourinho doesn't drop many points when he's ahead of you. I think they would probably lose to Liverpool but win the other 6 games. Even the odd trip up to relegation battlers doesn't look likely under Mourinho while you could imagine Man City and Liverpool would suffer a shock loss to one or two.

Chelsea

Crystal Palace away

Stoke City home

Swansea City away

Sunderland home

Liverpool away

Norwich City home

Cardiff City away

Liverpool

Sunderland home

Tottenham Hotspur home

West Ham United away

Manchester City home

Norwich City away

Chelsea home

Crystal Palace away

Newcastle United home

Man City

Manchester United away

Arsenal away

Southampton home

Liverpool away

Sunderland home

West Bromwich Albion home

Crystal Palace away

Everton away

Aston Villa home

West Ham United home

Can't see it beyond Chelsea now (:anguish:). They have a vastly easier run in and Mourinho doesn't drop many points when he's ahead of you. I think they would probably lose to Liverpool but win the other 6 games. Even the odd trip up to relegation battlers doesn't look likely under Mourinho while you could imagine Man City and Liverpool would suffer a shock loss to one or two.

Chelsea got beat by Aston Villa just last weekend

And they came back to beat their title rivals 6-0.

I'd be surprised if they blunder one more time. That Villa defeat would probably give them motivation to finish strongly in the few games remaining. There's a good chance they'd win the whole lot too.

I'd be surprised if they blunder one more time. That Villa defeat would probably give them motivation to finish strongly in the few games remaining. There's a good chance they'd win the whole lot too.

But you were taking about them slipping up against the lesser teams which doesn't have any relevance to how they do against the better teams

But you were taking about them slipping up against the lesser teams which doesn't have any relevance to how they do against the better teams

Eh? I say I can't see them slipping up against inferior opposition in the remaining 7 games while their rivals most likely would, and that Mourinho will motivate them to use the Villa defeat to put them on a strong finish. What's so hard to understand about it?

It should be a great title race, but the two main contenders are just too rich for it too feel like the outcome of a genuine competitive season, and the third is Liverpool - a club so far up its own arse, it can see its breakfast (as I speak, the SSN website has a picture of Gerrard and Carrrrraphlegm kissing the CL trophy in Istanbul).

Would be great if it were Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle up there instead. (I know, lerl).

• 4 weeks later...