Do you think Shola will be offered a new playing contract at NUFC?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some people keep saying they think Shola Ameobi will get a new playing contract at NUFC. Let's have a vote to see what everyone thinks.

My view is that there is no chance NUFC will offer Shola Ameobi a new playing contract.

My reasons: -

He is a striker who does not score goals.

His contract expires in the Summer and there has been no hint of NUFC offering him a new contract.

Who at NUFC would want to offer him a new contract? Apart from his substitute appearance against Fulham (where he made no positive impact whatsoever) Shola has not played for months. Alan Pardew no longer plays Shola. Why would Pardew want to get Shola a new contract? I refuse to believe Pardew doesn't want a better option than Shola to call on in games. Even if Pardew did want to get Shola a new contract, Pardew wanted to keep Perch but Perch was sold. Mike Ashley does not like to waste money. Why would Ashley waste his money paying for a new contract for Shola, especially when Shola doesn't play? Does anyone think Graham Carr rates Shola? I would assume he would not recommend a new contract for Shola.

Does Shola even want to stay? He doesn't play games and that is supposedly what he wants to do.

If you vote "Yes" please explain why you think that.

Could see a Carlton Cole situation happening. We let him go at the end of the season with the ambition for better things. Then we f*** around in the transfer market till we get desperate and have to bring our hero back for one more glorious season.

I do sense the end is nigh for him this time tbh, but if we get rid of him and Cisse we'll need 3 or 4 forwards which I can't see happening unless we raid the loan market again.  This is what happens when you willingly go 18 months without signing anyone permanently and it might buy Shola more time.

Guest snoopythewriter

I remember watching Sky Sports News and they had a breaking news alert and went to the training ground. The reporter said, "Great news for Newcastle fans. Shola Ameobi signs a new contract with the club."

GREAT NEWS?!?!?!

Carlton Cole would have been more useful than Shola has been this season. At least Cole has scored goals for West Ham.

This guy does not deserve another thread.

There's already a poll in the Shola thread so I couldn't put it there.

No worries, wasn't really directed at you. Just expressing my general disdain for the player.

Could see a Carlton Cole situation happening. We let him go at the end of the season with the ambition for better things. Then we f*** around in the transfer market till we get desperate and have to bring our hero back for one more glorious season.

This, unfortunately

I think he'll get another year. At the end of the season remy and de Jong are going to disappear, Shola is going to be sat there with Cisse, offering himself for a pittance for "one more year" and there'll be little risk in us signing him up. He'll be declared a fourth choice striker, but with only one other striker ahead of him.

Really dunno. Remy, De Jong, Cisse and Shola go, that leaves us with literally no one who's played as a striker more than a couple of times. Even Campbell's been on the wing at St Mirren, hasn't he?

If he gets a new contract because NUFC don't source a better replacement Mike Ashley must be planning for our relegation. Seriously, Carlton Cole would be a better option than Shola. Everton have loaned Romelu Lukaku, Gerard Deulofeu and Lacina Traore. We have loaned Luuk De Jong and Loic Remy. Even if NUFC can't buy a better replacement forward for Shola they can loan one.

I think he'll get another year. At the end of the season remy and de Jong are going to disappear, Shola is going to be sat there with Cisse, offering himself for a pittance for "one more year" and there'll be little risk in us signing him up. He'll be declared a fourth choice striker, but with only one other striker ahead of him.

:lol: :thup:

This, unfortunately

Yep. Is he going to the World Cup? If he scores there Ashley will probably sign him up anyway just in case some mad cunts want to buy him in January.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Personally I hope he doesn't get one and also think he won't get one anyway but may be asked to take on a coaching role instead.

Right, what you want to do is get your body between your man and the ball and then trap it either with your chest or instep at least 10 yards.  If that doesn't work make sure you foul him.  Falling over for no reason is mint too, the fans love it.