Do you think Shola will be offered a new playing contract at NUFC?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's fair to assume Pardew would much rather sign someone a lot better than Shola.

I don't think it's possible anyone at NUFC believes Shola is good. I do think it's possible they might conclude he's worth keeping around as a backup to the backup type of option.

For the man himself, he should leave and go to the MLS or something.

Overall, I don't think he'll get a new deal. I would go to his testimonial mind.

I think it's fair to assume Pardew would much rather sign someone a lot better than Shola.

I don't think it's possible anyone at NUFC believes Shola is good. I do think it's possible they might conclude he's worth keeping around as a backup to the backup type of option.

For the man himself, he should leave and go to the MLS or something.

Overall, I don't think he'll get a new deal. I would go to his testimonial mind.

Nobody in MLS would sign him.

Think he's away personally.

Cisse has been painfully woeful for a long time now, and even he gets ahead of Shola these days.

Think Shola's dead on his feet, so it's surely time to let him go.

Can see him playing in USA or Australia before he stops playing all together like.

and yet he still puts him in the team ahead of kids who might progress with playing time

i will never, never underestimate the myriad of poor decisions that alan pardew might make when related to football matters

to be fair he's actually publicly stated shola will leave the club, so we can more or less assume he's staying can't we?

Like a lot of our past managers, I think Pardew just thinks he knows what Shola can offer in desperate circumstances. A bit of presence, bump into defenders, maybe make something happen. Something difference to most of our strikers.

Yes, he could have been blooding youngsters, but we all know managers don't think like that. I definitely don't believe Pardew is blindly in love with Shola and is lobbying to get him a new deal.

Yes, he could have been blooding youngsters, but we all know managers don't think like that.

What the fuck is this shit? :lol:

You know what I mean man. When you've got a game that you're struggling in, you need a goal, you don't throw on an 18 year-old to blood him. Those are the circumstances that most manages would turn to an experienced member of their squad.

Like a lot of our past managers, I think Pardew just thinks he knows what Shola can offer in desperate circumstances. A bit of presence, bump into defenders, maybe make something happen. Something difference to most of our strikers.

Yes, he could have been blooding youngsters, but we all know managers don't think like that. I definitely don't believe Pardew is blindly in love with Shola and is lobbying to get him a new deal.

he's a dinosaur masquerading as a forward-thinking innovator, anything is possible

Yes, he could have been blooding youngsters, but we all know managers don't think like that.

What the fuck is this shit? :lol:

You know what I mean man. When you've got a game that you're struggling in, you need a goal, you don't throw on an 18 year-old to blood him. Those are the circumstances that most manages would turn to an experienced member of their squad.

I honestly doubt more than 2 other managers in the League would turn to Shola Ameobi over one of their young hopefuls when chasing a game.

He has never been a striker who scores goals on a regular basis, but has had numerous contract extensions during his time here  :lol:

Last time he signed a new contract he'd just scored 9 goals in 30 games that season (his best ever season for goals per game outside of the Championship season the year before when he got 11 in 21).  This season he has 1 goals in 11 games, and that was in the league cup.  I wouldn't have extended his contract last time out but the fact is he at least was scoring some goals then, not so now.

Shola's career has been such a waste of time. He's never played significantly.

Just crazy that he's been happy to accept it for so long. Jester.

It's not that crazy, he's not very good and has managed an extremely long Premier League career.

What the f*** is this s***? :lol:

A forward who hasn't scored since 2012 is the last person I'd bring on if I needed a goal in 2014.

We will offer him a contract. It will be less than he is on at the moment, with no first team assurances.

Lack of strikers and lack of English players make it the most cost effective option to maintain squad numbers.

Shola will reject it, I think he is ready to move on.

I've gone for no, surely this is the well over due moment where we move on? It's the right thing to do and he's getting worse and worse. He can't fire us anywhere with his goals or hold up play.

I've already mentioned on here before that it's hardly impossible him being offered a contract though as it's the cheaper option for the board, it's a massive fear for me they will do that over buying the strikers we really need.

He should have been moved on years ago, he is useless to us.

The following will happen: we'll release Shola from his contract; he'll then have a fair few trials here and there, however, no club will ultimately sign him - whilst this is all going on, we'll sign no-one and we'll end up re-signing Shola on a rolling contract which will eventually lead to a new long term contract. Carlton Cole logic.

The following will happen: we'll release Shola from his contract; he'll then have a fair few trials here and there, however, no club will ultimately sign him - whilst this is all going on, we'll sign no-one and we'll end up re-signing Shola on a rolling contract which will eventually lead to a new long term contract. Carlton Cole logic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My God! This guy has nailed it.

This is definitely what is going to happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My God! This guy has nailed it.

This is definitely what is going to happen.

A part of me will die if this happens.