If you care about the club - don't attend the Swansea game

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like Man United, Ashley will probably prefer the hardcore fans to be replaced by families/happy clappers who spend in the bars/shop as well as on tickets anyway.

We don't have the Manchester United Pull though.

We aren't going to attract that many tourists fans are we?

Like Man United, Ashley will probably prefer the hardcore fans to be replaced by families/happy clappers who spend in the bars/shop as well as on tickets anyway.

You'd have to be insane to start following  us now if you're not from here.  :D

Probably not the best example, but there will be plenty of people willing to go if the tickets are cheap and they can take their bairn.

That is all. No more needs to be said; people better than me need to get the message out - do not attend the game, protest if you want but don't go. You'll not be missing anything and your blood pressure will benefit. It'll not happen, but I'll not be there; I'd rather boil my head in Ashley's piss then go through that again.

I'm on the 10 year deal and I'll be there next year.

???

Guest neesy111

Probably not the best example, but there will be plenty of people willing to go if the tickets are cheap and they can take their bairn.

I know exactly you're talking about.  More casual fans, who'll buy food and drink in the ground, happy just to be at the match and not caring too much for what is happening on the pitch.

That is all. No more needs to be said; people better than me need to get the message out - do not attend the game, protest if you want but don't go. You'll not be missing anything and your blood pressure will benefit. It'll not happen, but I'll not be there; I'd rather boil my head in Ashley's p*ss then go through that again.

???

:lol:

I know exactly you're talking about.  More casual fans, who'll buy food and drink in the ground, happy just to be at the match and not caring too much for what is happening on the pitch.

I've said this before: he's putting a sale sign on football as a product, alienating the competitive aspect in the process. He's turning Newcastle United into something you can "do" on the cheap. The quality, much like the products at Sports Direct, isn't really important. It's just cheap.

That is all. No more needs to be said; people better than me need to get the message out - do not attend the game, protest if you want but don't go. You'll not be missing anything and your blood pressure will benefit. It'll not happen, but I'll not be there; I'd rather boil my head in Ashley's p*ss then go through that again.

???

:lol:

I'll qualify that by saying I'll be there at the start. There's a love for the club and an undeserving loyalty but there'll come a point for everyone one of us where enough is enough. Some have reached that point, I've reached that point for this season and during the next I may say fuck it altogether. We all want to see the best and hope against hope it does get better.

If people didn't turn up, whether they'd paid or not the story would be the not turning up.

I realize I don't really count in this respect but I haven't watched a match in a couple of months and I don't think I will for the foreseeable future.

I still love Newcastle but I don't see any reason to care when the club doesn't. I'm frankly amazed at the loyalty of people who still pay for tickets.

Guest neesy111

Do Gateshead play on the same days as Newcastle? Would be an interesting prospect if people who'd normally go to a Newcastle match rather went there.

Sometimes they do.

Do Gateshead play on the same days as Newcastle? Would be an interesting prospect if people who'd normally go to a Newcastle match rather went there.

Sometimes they do.

They did today, at home too.

Only 705 for Gateshead today.

Shame. Like I said in another thread, if one game where we're both playing on the same day, we get 45,000 and Gateshead get over 3,000. It'll be a massive message.

Everything other than the football on show, watching Gateshead at home is an awful experience. 500-800 people at the Bislett Stadion would be the equivilent.

Damn, we're turning into Fulham.

Giving him your money then not going seems a bit weird tbh.

It's about making a statement. We all know Ashley hates being embarrassed. A club that is known for its large attendance's suddenly drops to 20k will generate press coverage and people will ask why. This may lead to more scrutiny?

It is literally the only thing we as fans can do and if you are unwilling to do it then you may as well be voting for the regime.

Matchday income accounts for less than a third of the club's annual turnover in the most recent results. With the extra TV money and Cabaye sale it'll be an even lower proportion next time around.

Ashley couldn't give a fuck if we don't turn up.

Aren't you even a little bit interested to see what the effect might be? What have we got to lose?