Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously a lot of people happy Gosling has been getting games this season.

Gosling or Colback? Hmm, f***ing tough choice that one.

It's more of a shit choice than a tough choice.

Gosling or Colback? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one.

There hasn't really been any need to play Gosling.  Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Bigirimana shouldn't be out in the cold.

Guest bimpy474

I actually don't mind him as a squad player, in fact he'd fit in ok in a 3 man central midfield especially being left sided. And that's the position i'd see him playing in Left side of a central three, unfortunately we have a manager who simply refuses to use a formation that's suits our squad and Colback if he signed.

In saying that, what's the fucking point of signing him then.

:lol: fucking hell man, people don't want us signing shit like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

It's more the fact that in 4 years time there'll be a thread about us signing Jack Collison with people saying saying "Obviously a lot of people happy Colback has been getting games this season.

Colback or Collison? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one."

We don't need him, we'll need an instant replacement for him the moment he puts pen to paper.

Every time I've seen Colback he's been decent. He certainly dominated Tiote and Anita at our place. He's also impressed me against Man City on three seperate occasions.

Not a world beater and seems inconsistent but he does have the capacity to be a very effective Premiership midfielder.

Mackem mates have said he is a 'neat and tidy' player, does the simple stuff well and works hard but that is about it. Certainly not a Cabaye replacement, or anything to get excited about, but that does sound like Pardew criteria  :anguish:

Every time I've seen Colback he's been decent. He certainly dominated Tiote and Anita at our place. He's also impressed me against Man City on three seperate occasions.

Not a world beater and seems inconsistent but he does have the capacity to be a very effective Premiership midfielder.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwmyh33EZS1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

Why on earth would you mention our derbies as something to go by.

:lol: f***ing hell man, people don't want us signing s*** like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

It's more the fact that in 4 years time there'll be a thread about us signing Jack Collison with people saying saying "Obviously a lot of people happy Colback has been getting games this season.

Colback or Collison? Hmm, f***ing tough choice that one."

We don't need him, we'll need an instant replacement for him the moment he puts pen to paper.

:thup: It really is annoying when people spout stuff like that.

:lol: fucking hell man, people don't want us signing shit like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

The two are linked as Colback is a massive improvement on gosling. It's quite simple really.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French cunt no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

I've already explained earlier why I don't want us to sign Colback, however I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram should we do so like so many are prepared to do before he's even signed.

Guest Bert Shaft

Poppycock.

"Colgate"  is a nasty ginger midget who would struggle to get into a lot of division 1 teams because he's a slow talentless  plodder.

The two are linked as Colback is a massive improvement on gosling. It's quite simple really.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French cunt no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

I've already explained earlier why I don't want us to sign Colback, however I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram should we do so like so many are prepared to do before he's even signed.

Love a good old bit of stereotyping like.

:lol: f***ing hell man, people don't want us signing s*** like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French c*** no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

Gosling with 5 PL goals to colback's 3?Is he a massive improvement?  Lol at the French cunt stuff though :lol:

If you base everything on goals you'll be happy if we sign Craig Gardner then? Bet you seb Larrson has a few.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French c*** no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

Gosling with 5 PL goals to colback's 3?Is he a massive improvement?  Lol at the French c*** stuff though :lol:

If you base everything on goals you'll be happy if we sign Craig Gardner then? Bet you seb Larrson has a few.

I don't. But you said he was a "massive improvement" when that's patently not true at all.

He is. Gosling hasn't even shown he's a league one standard player in his time here, Colback is a bang average premiership player which is a huge improvement on gosling.

He's not shite imo, probably same sort of level to Guthrie & Perch if not slightly better.

Bit harsh on Guthrie throwing him in with them imo. At least he could play a bit despite numerous shortcomings.

He's not shite imo, probably same sort of level to Guthrie & Perch if not slightly better.

Probably. He's an improvement on Gosling for sure. Just we could have released Gosling and not replaced him and under a real manager who doesn't have a fetish for these 'more tackles' kind of midfielders it wouldn't make a difference. In addition to one or two better midfielders he wouldn't be the worst signing as we long as he apologises for being a twat after he signs.

Depends who else we get rid of and bring in for the "better than Gosling" argument to hold any water really, if Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Bigirimana have no future at the club then there's 3 players with more talent/potential than Colback in my view, they're just not being used properly (or at all).  I've no doubt we'll cut corners over the summer to make savings here, there and everywhere, which is a major worry considering how many players seem to be off.  The best thing that could happen would be a new manager, so that some of those players would stay and be utilised again.  The way we dawdle around in the transfer market does not bode well.