Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They've just lost their best midfielder to their local rivals for nothing, course they are going to be bitter. To compound the misery they've got Seb for another 3 years.

Its a good squad filler for us, a huge upgrade on Gosling, and probably a player the fraud can get the best out of (well relative to what he can do with real talent)

He's our best midfielder?

Not anymore

In terms of performance last season he was behind Cattermole, Ki, Larsson and towards the end Giaccherini.

He's alright and I do rate him as a canny player but still...

You think he's a canny player but also behind Larsson and Cattermole?, something doesn't add up there ???  Not saying he was your best midfielder like, Ki always looked like your best whenever I saw you play last season, but Larrson's always looked dog shit to me.

How does it not add up?

A mackem's view of central midfielders has to be considered very differently from ours. This is a bunch that idolize Kevin Ball. They've never seen better.

Makes me laugh when I see people saying "well, mackems rate him". Great, wish we'd bought Gavin McCann back in the day in that case. sunderland have never owned a central midfielder good enough to play for Newcastle, including Wearside Jack.

I cannot be arsed to read back...but am I the only one that doesn't really give a s*** about this?

I'll judge him when he plays...

Nah, but Pards hasn't come out with any sound bites in the last few days and no imminent HBA departure so this will have to do for the disgruntled masses.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Happy enough if he's replacing Gosling but that's about it. He's not a bad player but the quality of the signing is contingent on the rest of the summer. I wouldn't like to think we're depending on him...

They've just lost their best midfielder to their local rivals for nothing, course they are going to be bitter. To compound the misery they've got Seb for another 3 years.

Its a good squad filler for us, a huge upgrade on Gosling, and probably a player the fraud can get the best out of (well relative to what he can do with real talent)

Not anymore

In terms of performance last season he was behind Cattermole, Ki, Larsson and towards the end Giaccherini.

Behind Larsson :scared: but Larsson is shit

Not anymore

You think he's a canny player but also behind Larsson and Cattermole?, something doesn't add up there ???  Not saying he was your best midfielder like, Ki always looked like your best whenever I saw you play last season, but Larrson's always looked dog shit to me.

How does it not add up?

A mackem's view of central midfielders has to be considered very differently from ours. This is a bunch that idolize Kevin Ball. They've never seen better.

Makes me laugh when I see people saying "well, mackems rate him". Great, wish we'd bought Gavin McCann back in the day in that case. sunderland have never owned a central midfielder good enough to play for Newcastle, including Wearside Jack.

I'm sure they have access to watch other games and other central midfielders other than their own.

I've said that I like him before. He's a decent player and better than a few of ours. I'll give him a chance to win me over like I give every other signing of ours. It's funny that people criticise him for responding to fans and then enjoy S Taylor also responding to fans. You can't have it both ways. They all want to play for their fans, it's natural. Colback might love this club but he loves himself and his career more, just like every other footballer out there, including the idiot Taylor who threatens to walk away anytime he's deservedly dropped from the first team.

Still not sure why anyone thinks Gosling needed replacing.

I was gutted when Cabaye left, the one positive was Bigi, Marv or even that HBA chap might get some match time but no, that was wasted on an inferior player who was leaving in a few months anyway.

Now he's gone you think "great, maybe Abeid, HBA, Marv or Bigi might get some game time" but again we bring in an inferior player.

If anyone honestly thinks Colback is here to pick up £10k a week to sit on the bench I think they're in for a shock. I know it's paper talk and all that but West Ham apparently offered him £50k a week. Now given he is relatively young, English and on a free I can't see that being far from the truth. He might not have wanted to move away but I doubt he's taking that much a drop in wages to stay either.

He'll be a regular and penny pinching Mike will have accounted for every one this ginger, average, happy to insult his own tosser is taking out of the club.

Still not sure why anyone thinks Gosling needed replacing.

Me neither. I know I'm banging the same drum a bit, but we're still miraculously without a proper left winger in the entire squad. We spent about 3 windows buying Mbiwa whilst entering seasons with Coloccini, Taylor and Williamson as our only recognisable centre backs. Rob Elliot is our 2nd choice (and cup) keeper and has been since he arrived in 2011.

The King of Spin mentions us replacing Gosling, a non-entity who's existence didn't warrant replacing, and suddenly we're interested in building a squad? He'll be starting plenty of games next season.

It's not good business. If he's on 35k a week (as a guess) it'd be about £11million over 6 year and that's before the numerous bonuses/fees are added.

Will he personally add that much value to our team/club? No.

I know of nobody who enjoys Steven Taylor responding to opposing fans/players. Most just think he's a fucking idiot.

Half the SJP crowd enjoys it when he does his shitty celebration and he laps it up.

Half the forum in fact loved Barton for his antics in general. You either accept it from all or accept it from none.

I know of nobody who enjoys Steven Taylor responding to opposing fans/players. Most just think he's a fucking idiot.

Half the SJP crowd enjoys it when he does his shitty celebration and he laps it up.

Half the forum in fact loved Barton for his antics in general. You either accept it from all or accept it from none.

Half of SJP in being pleased a Newcastle player has scored shocker :lol:

And who are you to make up the fucking rules like? "You either accept it from all or accept it from none"? Sorry like but ner :lol: I enjoyed Barton winding up the mackems or having a bit of carry on over a corner with opposition fans now and then (I expect the mackems didn't like the 5-1 gestures and they rightfully hated him because of it), Danny Simpson shining the ball at Stoke etc, but I think I'll take exception at a player twice goading our fans in 3-0 derby defeats and then posing for photos after the game with team mates rubbing it in. I don't want the daft cunt walking in like nothing has happened and rewarded with a fucking lucrative contract at the club.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Because he gets paid a fortune?

With 26k subscribers that's not very likely.

David Icke - Son of God was telling me. Over a pint so my recollection isn't great but apparently he's doing well out of it. Does work for KICKTV (nearly 1m subscribers) & apparently google were talking to him about some world cup s****. Meh.

Point is apparently it's an act - the same can't be said of the mackems I suppose.

Because he gets paid a fortune?

With 26k subscribers that's not very likely.

David Icke - Son of God was telling me. Over a pint so my recollection isn't great but apparently he's doing well out of it. Does work for KICKTV (nearly 1m subscribers) & apparently google were talking to him about some world cup s****. Meh.

Point is apparently it's an act - the same can't be said of the mackems I suppose.

It's just their continual 'Us too, us too!' mentality. Even when the awful Geordie Dancer started appearing on Soccer AM they had to have 'The Mackem Mover' :lol:

Another good  bit of business.

Decent start to the Transfer window.

Mike and Lee  :clap:

This isn't the first time you have praised Mike and "Charnz" for getting deals "over the line". Are you Pardew? 

:whistle:

*chortles*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUslZvBjtbg#t=216

:spit: what the f*** is this I don't even...!

Tim Berners-Lee won't be happy his baby has come to this !