Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

Because he gets paid a fortune?

With 26k subscribers that's not very likely.

David Icke - Son of God was telling me. Over a pint so my recollection isn't great but apparently he's doing well out of it. Does work for KICKTV (nearly 1m subscribers) & apparently google were talking to him about some world cup s****. Meh.

Point is apparently it's an act - the same can't be said of the mackems I suppose.

It's just their continual 'Us too, us too!' mentality. Even when the awful Geordie Dancer started appearing on Soccer AM they had to have 'The Mackem Mover' :lol:

Aye - strangely I think both fellows were from Durham! But yeah- that's definitely their mindset. I couldn't believe the statement/tweet on Colback. I know we're capable of some pretty cringeworthy shit but I'm not sure we'd go that 'weird'.

I know of nobody who enjoys Steven Taylor responding to opposing fans/players. Most just think he's a fucking idiot.

Half the SJP crowd enjoys it when he does his shitty celebration and he laps it up.

Half the forum in fact loved Barton for his antics in general. You either accept it from all or accept it from none.

Half of SJP in being pleased a Newcastle player has scored shocker :lol:

And who are you to make up the fucking rules like? "You either accept it from all or accept it from none"? Sorry like but ner :lol: I enjoyed Barton winding up the mackems or having a bit of carry on over a corner with opposition fans now and then (I expect the mackems didn't like the 5-1 gestures and they rightfully hated him because of it), Danny Simpson shining the ball at Stoke etc, but I think I'll take exception at a player twice goading our fans in 3-0 derby defeats and then posing for photos after the game with team mates rubbing it in. I don't want the daft cunt walking in like nothing has happened and rewarded with a fucking lucrative contract at the club.

He's playing for us now and he hasn't done anything wrong. Ironically if he starts goading the mackems, many people would love it.

I think he's a good player and he'll be fine if Pardew wasn't managing us.

I know of nobody who enjoys Steven Taylor responding to opposing fans/players. Most just think he's a fucking idiot.

Half the SJP crowd enjoys it when he does his shitty celebration and he laps it up.

Half the forum in fact loved Barton for his antics in general. You either accept it from all or accept it from none.

And who are you to make up the fucking rules like? "You either accept it from all or accept it from none"? Sorry like but ner :lol: I enjoyed Barton winding up the mackems or having a bit of carry on over a corner with opposition fans now and then (I expect the mackems didn't like the 5-1 gestures and they rightfully hated him because of it), Danny Simpson shining the ball at Stoke etc, but I think I'll take exception at a player twice goading our fans in 3-0 derby defeats and then posing for photos after the game with team mates rubbing it in. I don't want the daft cunt walking in like nothing has happened and rewarded with a fucking lucrative contract at the club.

He's playing for us now and he hasn't done anything wrong. Ironically if he starts goading the mackems, many people would love it.

That's because "many" of our fans are morons.

Really unfortunate that he did what he did. I mean I just couldn't imagine it myself. Fine to celebrate the goal a bit, and the wins, but the taunting was just ill advised.

Think deep down he felt he would never be good enough to play for Newcastle, it's the only reason I can think of, and so he felt justified being a bit of a tool, almost because he felt frustrated by that. it was incredibly short sighted by the young dude.

Bet he couldn't believe when he got contacted by the club. Well, he's made his bed, and so he'll have to lie in it. As a player, I definitely remember seeing him do some good things, and boy will he have to make a positive impact to get people onside. Good luck to him, he'll need it massively.

Think the vast majority will get behind him tbh.  Will be a bit like the Lee Bowyer situation, or better again if he turns in some tidy performances.  Personally, even though I didn't want him in, I'm obviously not going to boo him at the match or anything.  Will just ignore him and hope he goes away. :lol:

It is a decent signing in my opinion. This is an acceptable group of players for the central midfield positions if every one is to stay. The major deficiency is upfront and outwide and at the back, especially if Ben Arfa and Yanga-Mbiwa are actually forced out.

GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING

GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING GOSLING

If Pardew wasn't managing us, Jack Colback wouldn't have a hope in hell of playing for us. Another one who will be crawling up the manager's arse because they're both losers.

Your point of "nobody minds when our players do it" is ludicrous. I support Newcastle. Why would I be aggrieved if one of our players aggravates a fan of sunderland/Boro/Aston Villa? I don't apply the same rules across the board. I'm extremely partisan, like I'm supposed to be.

Your point of "nobody minds when our players do it" is ludicrous. I support Newcastle. Why would I be aggrieved if one of our players aggravates a fan of sunderland/Boro/Aston Villa? I don't apply the same rules across the board. I'm extremely partisan, like I'm supposed to be.

Shouldn't you now be supporting Colback then?

No because unlike some other people I don't give my devotion just because somebody signs a contract with the club when they're actively detrimental to it, like the manager and a number of the players, including Wearside Jack.

You don't get a free pass when you've done the things he has just because someone's given you a job that you're not even good enough for in the first place.

No because unlike some other people I don't give my devotion just because somebody signs a contract with the club when they're actively detrimental to it, like the manager and a number of the players, including Wearside Jack.

You don't get a free pass when you've done the things he has.

Fair enough I suppose, I just think the partisan support you're talking about is the same thing that leads other people to 'forgive' him because he was a Sunderland player at the time. Sunderland players are supposed to hate Newcastle. It's just a part of the game.

Suppose if you just object to him being a dick then that's fair enough, but then the same argument applies to why you would support our players winding up opponents.

You don't get a free pass when you've done the things he has.

Fair enough I suppose, I just think the partisan support you're talking about is the same thing that leads other people to 'forgive' him because he was a Sunderland player at the time. Sunderland players are supposed to hate Newcastle. It's just a part of the game.

Suppose if you just object to him being a dick then that's fair enough, but then the same argument applies to why you would support our players winding up opponents.

I object to him being a dick to Newcastle fans, emphasis on the latter.

It's not a part of the game in my eyes. I know i couldn't do it, neither could Lee Clark, who put in a transfer because he couldn't wear their shirt against us. A "Newcastle fan" mocking us on derby day on their behalf? Astonishing to me that anyone will give him a single second of support. In footballing terms, he's the lowest of the low.

He's also shite, which we shouldn't forget.

I find it hard to believe what Wullie is saying is contentious.

Obviously if he plays well gets his head down and is humble then people may well consider their views on him. That hasn't happened yet.

It's not that it's contentious, it's just that he was representing Sunderland and as such you could argue that anything he does should be understood in that context. Just a different angle on it, ye kna.

Guest palnese

He's been a mackem for 14 years and even though he supported us as a kid his allegiance must have changed a bit during that time, surely?

He's been a mackem for 14 years and even though he supported us as a kid his allegiance must have changed a bit during that time, surely?

for me it's less this than the fact footballers are as thick as shit and operate in a total vacuum of their own egos (even at the colback level and considerably below)...he'll just have been carried away and not thought of the consequences in the moment

i'll never like the lad but for me it's little more than that