Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't see that being correct, it was reported he was on £6k per week at Sunderland so there's no way we would increase his wages that much. The fact he was on so little is probably at least 50% of the reason we wanted him.

Can't see that being correct, it was reported he was on £6k per week at Sunderland so there's no way we would increase his wages that much. The fact he was on so little is probably at least 50% of the reason we wanted him.

Well if it's not I'm sure we'll have another, not at all embarrassing or small time, statement from the club tomorrow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-west-hams-bizarre-transfer-3672136

It is understood, however, that the Toon were left stunned after being told the player had had an overnight change of heart - possibly sparked by concerns over the reaction on Wearside - and now wanted to move to the Upton Park club.

A remarkable week of wrangling then ensued in which Colback’s representatives allegedly tried to backtrack - only to be told by Newcastle that they had already reached agreement and the club were not willing to go back on it.

At one stage, they did offer to actually SELL Colback to West Ham for £5million.

It was when the Hammers declined the audacious move that the player’s move to Newcastle was confirmed.

Good lad. Always wanted to play for us. :thup:

Jeeeesus.....negotiating with ashley must be like trying to haggle in a Monty Python sketch.... "5 million, I'm robbin' meself"

The guy has been goaded for years by his friends at school and others. At school he was a Newcastle fan, went to a fair few games (him and his friends invited me to go with them to the Chelsea FA Cup match when Kluivert scored the winner). He always got stick for playing for Sunderland, he always got asked why he didn't play for us and his story was always that he had a trail for us but Newcastle never took up the opportunity to sign him. One time he came in with his Sunderland shirt on just to wind his friends up, always has been a Newcastle a fan though.

Sunderland brought him up in the footballing world, the time when he has celebrated and when he did the gesture to me is just to wind his friends up, nothing more. it's funny how no one mentions that when Newcastle have scored the winner against Sunderland he didn't have a disappointed reaction like his teammates.

After he left school he was dating one my old bosses daughters, my boss was a Sunderland fan and Jack used to wind him up about how Sunderland had get Geordie's to play for them because people from Sunderland couldn't play football.

Having known him I know that he really is a Newcastle fan, fair enough in my mind he isn't good enough for the first team squad, but he's good enough for the squad and I know this is the move he has always really wanted and I know that back in school he was one of the canny lads, always down to earth and never got carried away with himself, always tried his best at school and had a good level of knowledge about football. Because of this I wish him the very best and I hope he goes on to prove a lot of people wrong because a lot of people are judging him harshly without really giving him a chance.

:spit:

Guest chopey

I can't help but think that big Sam's dodgy agents had some part to play in this, more money for them if he goes to west ham

Guest firetotheworks

I tried to watch some of that before. It was stabbing me in the fucking heart so I had to turn it off.