Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was an average Colback performance, plain average. Didn't do too much wrong, didn't really impact the game, certainly offensively which means we get pinned back far too often.

Agree with M4 no need to have him and Anita on the pitch, wijnaldum back and colback on the bench as backup to Anita. Having a chance to sit there and know he has to improve to work his way back would do him good. The general mong crowd will see that and past the fact he is a local lad eventually.

Don't mind him playing in games when we aren't going to have much of the ball and we need someone in there to harry and harass.  He shouldn't be playing against weaker teams where we should be controlling possession though.

How about being a reasonable human being, as an expectation for fans. We'll all have favourites and least favourites, it does no harm to take your blinkers off and acknowledge when one of the latter have a decent game. You could even prefix with adolescent sh*te like "I hate him, but..." or "I wouldn't play him, like..." as if it matters/you have some special claim on the 'truth'. If somebody didn't do what JC did today, I think Arse would have had more time to play far more balls into dangerous areas. Personally, I wouldn't have started him today (but who gives a f**k, SMc knows better than me), but I think he did well.

I hate him but I thought he was alright today.

This for me. Slow in releasing the ball when he had it, but overall he did well today.

There's no need for him and Anita to both be on the pitch though.

With 10 men you'd want to hold on to the ball, especially against arsenal ???

What I mean is that at times he got the ball then ran around with it not taking opportunities to make a decent pass, hesitated until he ran himself either into trouble or into passing back to Colo.

What I mean is that at times he got the ball then ran around with it not taking opportunities to make a decent pass, hesitated until he ran himself either into trouble or into passing back to Colo.

I think he ran himself in to trouble twice and on one of those occasions bust a gut to cover and eventually positioned himself to where the pass was intercepted.

I've seen the behaviour you mention several times a match with him, but today i don't think that can be levelled at him. It could be that the sensible and safe option is more suited to how things went after 16mins therefore his mentality suited this situation. After all, he's had plenty of practise at his former club

At one point the kid sitting in front of me looked at his dad and said "Colback is great isn't he" - Even though I thought he did well today, that's just not right.

Shoulda slapped the white outta that kid.

He worked hard and covered loads of ground today, in this particular situation it was exactly what he had to do. Backs to the wall, chase, harry and cover and in that scenario his work-rate will always draw the eye. He does this particular thing fairly well - to be honest it's the only thing he does well. If that impresses people and warrants ridiculous superlatives then so be it.

He worked hard, as he always does, I appreciate his effort but it's the minimum I expect from a CM.

He worked hard and covered loads of ground today, in this particular situation it was exactly what he had to do. Backs to the wall, chase, harry and cover and in that scenario his work-rate will always draw the eye. He does this particular thing fairly well - to be honest it's the only thing he does well. If that impresses people and warrants ridiculous superlatives then so be it.

He worked hard, as he always does, I appreciate his effort but it's the minimum I expect from a CM.

This is the thing that annoys me about Colback nearly as much as the '3-0' shite. People tell me he's a '100%er'. So fucking what? I'm a 100%er. It doesn't mean we should lather him with praise or accept him as our own. He's a nothing footballer that wouldn't be anywhere near this football club unless he was on a free transfer.

He is limited, but the ruler for judging him is obviously biased.  By the same standard Tiote should be out of the team immediately.  And those CM playing for us in the past like Jenas and Guthrie as well.