Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's horrendous how bad our central midfield is. It's as though we're so glaringly bad at the back and were so light in attack it just got overlooked. I know the defence is weak but for the way we want to play, I think a new midfielder is the most important thing.

Our midfield is much more of a problem than our defence. That includes playing two CMs wide as well, although I'm not sure that can be avoided. Our first choice back 4 is alright, even if Colo needs replacing. We don't have a first choice central midfield.

It's horrendous how bad our central midfield is. It's as though we're so glaringly bad at the back and were so light in attack it just got overlooked. I know the defence is weak but for the way we want to play, I think a new midfielder is the most important thing.

Our midfield is much more of a problem than our defence. That includes playing two CMs wide as well, although I'm not sure that can be avoided. Our first choice back 4 is alright, even if Colo needs replacing. We don't have a first choice central midfield.

In january a first choice centre half and centre mid would give us a very decent team.

Great game today, put some vital blocks in and some great defending in and around our own box. Team looked completely different when Anita came in for Tiote as well.

Drugs are bad

Love how there seems to be a Reddit-esque circle-jerk against the guy on this forum :lol:

Fair enough you didn't think he played well, but there seems to be no room to praise him in any way on here.

:lol:

I'm by no means Colbacks biggest fan, he will never play expansive football or be a creative player, so not too sure what people expect from him. When you have a leaky defence sometimes you need someone like Colback in there to help cover the gaps and relieve some pressure, which is what he did effectively today.

We should definitely be replacing him in January when if we get a new CB and CM but for Colback I thought he did well today and put a great shift in.

Good for you 'Sous Chef'! I have a soft spot for JC/don't like the stick he gets. I thought it was a bit of a 'ghost buster' performance from him today, as in he was running and closing/chasing shadows/shutting out opportunities, a lot. Not eye-catching, not much with the ball,  but you miss it when it's not there (the two Ferns at Citeh get similiar levels of 'appreciation'...).  Anita improved things IMO. That said, I would crawl over broken glass if we could sign someone like Shelvey in January.

63 min: I can’t claim to watch Colback every week, but from a Newcastle’s point of view, he is extremely frustrating to watch. Every pass is sideways, backwards, slows everything down.

From The Guardian

63 min: I can’t claim to watch Colback every week, but from a Newcastle’s point of view, he is extremely frustrating to watch. Every pass is sideways, backwards, slows everything down.

From The Guardian

Nailed it.

I emailed in to congratulate them

Great game today, put some vital blocks in and some great defending in and around our own box. Team looked completely different when Anita came in for Tiote as well.

Drugs are bad

Love how there seems to be a Reddit-esque circle-jerk against the guy on this forum :lol:

Fair enough you didn't think he played well, but there seems to be no room to praise him in any way on here.

Praise him for what? Being an extra defender? We already have a defensive midfielder playing behind him, Colback's job should be to link us to the attack and drive us forward. Is it any wonder we end up losing every midfield battle when both our CMs are playing in defence?

From The Guardian

Nailed it.

The worst things we did this summer was give this bloke the #4 and make him a mainstay, and give Colo a new deal instead of buying a commanding CB alongside Mbemba. We get dominated in midfield and look disorganised and powderpuff in defence because of it.

I know people also see LB as a major issue but full backs don't really matter. Success is built on the spine of the team and that's why we're shite.