Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wish I could find the video/gif of him running up the pitch on the counter before deliberately slowing down and then hiding behind a defender, it's absolutely hilarious. Cannot remember the game, but it was 'Shelvey letting play go by for Swansea' levels of bad.

there was a game recently at home, where he went to run forward his legs went up and down but there was no progress, like a force field in front of him or something.

Rubbish claim he doesn't try tbf.

He's good at making it look like he's trying. I said it a while back, but he's either a deliberate coward or positionally shit. Below is still my take on it.

Also, I thought it was fair enough before when you said that you say it as you see it because you're not a fanboy, then I went back through the thread and inadvertantly saw a handful of posts where you were saying he was a good player/signing before he'd even played for us. [emoji38]

My main gripe with Colback is that he gets a free pass because it's perceived that he doesn't do anything wrong because he doesn't misplace passes and is perceived to work hard. To me and a lot of people it seems like he's aware of that and plays upon it by never trying anything that could fail and expose him to the sort of criticism that someone like Sissoko gets or Ben Arfa got, or IMO Shelvey will get. As someone put it a little while ago he 'aliby runs' to give the impression of graft but it's never of any benefit and that energy in appearing to work hard is nowhere to be seen if it means finding space on the edge of the area, using his right foot, playing a decisive pass or taking a shot. Instead he hides behind opposition players, goes with his left, plays the easy pass or looks to pass the responsibility onto others to fail or succeed. To me, that is him actually doing everything wrong rather than nothing wrong and if that is, as I suspect, the attitude that he has, then as a central midfielder especially, it's completely unforgivable and exactly the reason why every team he's started in has been knocking around the bottom of the league. As a footballer he's worthless imo, I wouldn't have him in any team.

I thought he was an acceptable squad signing when he came. Looked tidy for Sunderland I thought and a couple of mackem mates whose opinion I respected said as much.

Full of regret now. Still think alongside Shelvey he can be fine at this level for the most part tbf.

Guest firetotheworks

Rubbish claim he doesn't try tbf.

He's good at making it look like he's trying. I said it a while back, but he's either a deliberate coward or positionally shit. Below is still my take on it.

Also, I thought it was fair enough before when you said that you say it as you see it because you're not a fanboy, then I went back through the thread and inadvertantly saw a handful of posts where you were saying he was a good player/signing before he'd even played for us. [emoji38]

My main gripe with Colback is that he gets a free pass because it's perceived that he doesn't do anything wrong because he doesn't misplace passes and is perceived to work hard. To me and a lot of people it seems like he's aware of that and plays upon it by never trying anything that could fail and expose him to the sort of criticism that someone like Sissoko gets or Ben Arfa got, or IMO Shelvey will get. As someone put it a little while ago he 'aliby runs' to give the impression of graft but it's never of any benefit and that energy in appearing to work hard is nowhere to be seen if it means finding space on the edge of the area, using his right foot, playing a decisive pass or taking a shot. Instead he hides behind opposition players, goes with his left, plays the easy pass or looks to pass the responsibility onto others to fail or succeed. To me, that is him actually doing everything wrong rather than nothing wrong and if that is, as I suspect, the attitude that he has, then as a central midfielder especially, it's completely unforgivable and exactly the reason why every team he's started in has been knocking around the bottom of the league. As a footballer he's worthless imo, I wouldn't have him in any team.

I thought he was an acceptable squad signing when he came. Looked tidy for Sunderland I thought and a couple of mackem mates whose opinion I respected said as much.

Full of regret now. Still think alongside Shelvey he can be fine at this level for the most part tbf.

We all make mistakes. My first post on here was about Geremi being a good signing. [emoji38]

Nah, the fact he played today is pretty clear that he's been moved to the B team. So not too worrying.

As usual the best we can hope from him is that he has no impact on the game whatsoever.

f***ing hell Rafa, again ?

He has no option, that's the problem, should be addressed pretty quickly because it's costing us big time at the moment.

I refuse to believe there's no player from our academy who can come in and prove their worth over persisting with Colback and a totally unfit Tiote.

• 3 weeks later...