Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback is basically another Danny Guthrie: not enough of an athlete to be a box-to-box midfielder, some technical skill, a decent if unspectacular passer, some semblance of tackling ability. If we still had Cabaye, and Colback started a dozen or so matches alongside him like Guthrie did in 11-12, I bet he'd be fine. Sadly, that isn't the case.

Aye, shame that. I liked Guthrie, had some really good games for us. Granted, they were mainly in the Championship but he was a good squad player in the Premier League.

Guest neesy111

Guthrie only looked good when a team looked good around him, never ever stood or be counted in a struggling team.

Guest axel

Guthrie was good enough for most PL teams imo, but he has the physique of a sunday league player.

Was it Guthrie who faked an injury to get substituted, because he kicked the floor or something? Against West Brom, was a while again like.

yes in the last game before CH was sacked I think

Totally showed up today by Anita doing the job that Colback is in the team for. Pressing and harrying how it should be done. Not chasing shadows and giving away daft free kicks.

Totally showed up today by Anita doing the job that Colback is in the team for. Pressing and harrying how it should be done. Not chasing shadows and giving away daft free kicks.

You forgot hiding, he's ace at hiding.  Course you would be if you were a bloodless smackhead, mobs and that.