Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Since we're talking about Jack in the Anita thread and Anita in the Jack thread, I personally think Anita would have (and still could) succeed under McLaren's plans if McLaren hadn't bottled things elsewhere on the pitch. Giving Colo a new contract, not signing more defenders, and playing Obertan, Colback and Cisse alone up top making things ludicrously stretched in the middle of the park.

I can't judge either Anita or Colback until they are playing as either a defensive or attacking midfielder without the other there beside him as an insurance policy.

The pair of them don't fit comfortably in any of those roles though. Both halfway house players more suitable to a midfield flat 3. Anita isn't strong enough defensively to be a DM, Colback isn't strong enough offensively to be an AM. Both essentially water carriers. A crap version of Arteta & Flamini CM partnership. I don't even know who is meant to be who.

The only difference between those who prefer Colback and those who prefer Anita is that the ones who prefer Colback are wrong.

What a load of nonsense. Anita's been here 3 years and done absolutely nothing of note (West Ham at home last season apart). Colbacks had 1 season, scored 4 times and managed 6 assists for us. He's also a better defensive midfielder than Anita as well. In saying that I'd still Colback wasn't in our first XI either but he'll be an ever present this season, fitness permitting. I've got several friends over in Eindhoven who warned me Anita was hopeless when we signed him but I put that down to them just not liking him because he was from Ajax and they are all PSV fans and hate everything Ajax. So far they've been bang on.

Anonymous little b******.

Far from anonymous today, vividly shit.

He's actively hiding from the ball and deliberately stays 10 yards off where he thinks the ball will be to ensure he doesn't have to commit. Luckily Obertan is there to ensure he's not the most cowardly player on the pitch.