Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: swapping Santon for a Championship left back. Mint

Santon is a Championship LB. Just because he does over lapping runs it means everyone on here wanks over him. Defensively he is s***.

Not sure this is entirely true.

:lol: swapping Santon for a Championship left back. Mint

Santon is a Championship LB. Just because he does over lapping runs it means everyone on here wanks over him. Defensively he is s***.

:lol: Yeah, a championship LB who's played in the CL.

And? Portsmouth had a player who played in the Champions league when they were in League 1. It means fuck all. Face it he backs off like Simpson did, he doesn't chase that much either. He's shit, both Dummett and Haidara should be ahead of him.

I think Santon is more than a Championship player like. :lol:

He's one of the first team where we could upgrade pretty easily though. Would have no objections if we sold him and bought a naturally left-footed left-back. Never seen Cresswell play so not going to judge if he's good enough or not.

Dummett has been ahead of Mbiwa & Santon recently. :lol:

Can you imagine Ashley is happy that two players he probably earmarked as at least doubling his money on, are being wasted in this way under Pardew?

Swings and roundabouts, on the one hand you're right on the other Ashley thinks Pardew has brought through a player who cost us nothing, Is probably on very low wages and is playing ahead of players who cost £5m+ woo!

Dummett has been ahead of Mbiwa & Santon recently. :lol:

Can you imagine Ashley is happy that two players he probably earmarked as at least doubling his money on, are being wasted in this way under Pardew?

Doesn't mean he's good though, gosling has played ahead of Ben Arfa.

That's the point I'm making.

Obviously a lot of people happy Gosling has been getting games this season.

Gosling or Colback? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one.

:lol: fucking hell man, people don't want us signing shit like Jack Colback so we must be over the moon that Gosling has been getting games, like the 2 should be in any way linked.

It's more the fact that in 4 years time there'll be a thread about us signing Jack Collison with people saying saying "Obviously a lot of people happy Colback has been getting games this season.

Colback or Collison? Hmm, fucking tough choice that one."

We don't need him, we'll need an instant replacement for him the moment he puts pen to paper.

The two are linked as Colback is a massive improvement on gosling. It's quite simple really.

So who do we get to replace gosling? Will xavi come sit on the bench for cover? Or does it have to be some French cunt no one has heard of who'll want away as soon as it gets tough or a better offer is thrown in front of his face?

I've already explained earlier why I don't want us to sign Colback, however I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram should we do so like so many are prepared to do before he's even signed.

:anguish: This is fucking embarrassing man, cut it out.

I want us to sign players who can push us on, not pointless stopgaps because they're free.

Same applies with Ben Arfa though. I'm guessing Ashley was thinking £10-12m this summer for him even with just a year to go on his contract. He'll be lucky to get his money back, if anything at all. (could easily see him being loaned out to someone like Roma in the summer for a nominal loan fee then walking for free if Pardew stays).

Same applies with Ben Arfa though. I'm guessing Ashley was thinking £10-12m this summer for him even with just a year to go on his contract. He'll be lucky to get his money back, if anything at all. (could easily see him being loaned out to someone like Roma in the summer for a nominal loan fee then walking for free if Pardew stays).

We could have got £20m for Ben Arfa two seasons ago. That's what you get for backing a fraud you fat bastard.

We could have got £20m for Ben Arfa two seasons ago. That's what you get for backing a fraud you fat b******.

Come on, if someone had offered £20m for Ben Arfa back then, he'd have went.

Guest chopey

Pardew is unsackable in Ashleys eyes but if some club offered to buy him out of his contract he's gone, money first, everything else later.

We could have got £20m for Ben Arfa two seasons ago. That's what you get for backing a fraud you fat b******.

Why? His stock was at an all time high that year. He'd finished the season brilliantly and was in France's world cup team. I think the last couple of seasons have blurred a few memories. Also, despite Ashley's reputation as a seller, he doesn't let players go cheaply if he can help it. Otherwise I'm sure Cisse wouldn't still be here.

Why? His stock was at an all time high that year. He'd finished the season brilliantly and was in France's world cup team. I think the last couple of seasons have blurred a few memories. Also, despite Ashley's reputation as a seller, he doesn't let players go cheaply if he can help it. Otherwise I'm sure Cisse wouldn't still be here.

The club has accepted offers for Cisse, he's chosen to stay.

He was excellent, £20m would have seen him leave. That's not cheap.

Well neither of us know for sure so we'll have to agree to disagree. I know I wouldn't have been happy to lose him for £20m that season.

Of course it's a good signing, any player with the ability to know the shape of a football signed permanently is the best permanent signing this club's made in  the past year.