Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's hard to criticise a man who is playing left back when he is a central midfielder.

It's a bit like having a pop at Krul because he didn't score when he went up for the corner.

He's definitely not our worse player, he'll have a good game for 3 out of 5 but disappear in the others.

Definitely think there were a lot worse yesterday than him though.

He hasn't had three good games all season man.

Colback in the middle or left back, it doesn't really change much. After the game, you'd say 'he's worked hard, didn't do much wrong but he's contributed nothing of note'. He's just bang average and that's it. He'll do a 6/10 job in most games wherever he is positioned and that's enough to earn a career in the PL these days. Shame his career at present is with us though, much rather some other shite club in the PL would take him instead.

It's hard to criticise a man who is playing left back when he is a central midfielder.

It's a bit like having a pop at Krul because he didn't score when he went up for the corner.

He's definitely not our worse player, he'll have a good game for 3 out of 5 but disappear in the others.

Bullshit. I'm not saying Colback is a World-Beater or owt but he is the least of our worries.

Bullshit. I'm not saying Colback is a World-Beater or owt but he is the least of our worries.

He replaced Yohan Cabaye. Not once has he had the equivalent impact on a game. And certainly not in three games.

Guest TruToon94

Colback is the epitome of all that is wrong with this club.

Doesn't excite, doesn't offer much and is bang average. He runs about a lot and that's pretty much is. Bigi, Anita, Tiote.... At least I've seen potential in certain passes and play but Colback? He's just a football player who doesn't really matter but the fact he's a Geordie somehow gets him in the squad.

He's the embodiment on the pitch of everything wrong with the club at present.

No ambition, will never have it better than here, no incentive to improve

Happy to do the bare minimum

Hides when it gets tough

Not good enough

Will be here for life

Only has respect for his paymaster

Lickspittle cunt who isn't shy of backing losers

Signed only because he was free

No ability to in game manage

No discipline

Replaced actual talent

Horrible looking prick

Unathletic and one paced

Colback in the middle or left back, it doesn't really change much. After the game, you'd say 'he's worked hard, didn't do much wrong but he's contributed nothing of note'. He's just bang average and that's it. He'll do a 6/10 job in most games wherever he is positioned and that's enough to earn a career in the PL these days. Shame his career at present is with us though, much rather some other s**** club in the PL would take him instead.

Aye, but he often f***s us with his basic understanding of where to stand on a pitch,  he just vacates the midfield, to go chasing the ball, it's properly school yard

That side of things become more evident when it's only him and Sissoko in the middle as they both go covering every blade of grass in search of the ball, then we literally have nobody in middle. Pop Abeid in who will generally hold the position in the middle, then those two don't look like complete muppets as much. Need to find that balance in the middle but ideally it would be without Colback anyways.

Hides when it gets tough

Not good enough

Will be here for life

Lickspittle cunt who isn't shy of backing losers

No discipline

Replaced actual talent

Horrible looking prick

Unathletic and one paced

:thup:

Hides when it gets tough

Not good enough

Will be here for life

Lickspittle c*** who isn't shy of backing losers

No discipline

Replaced actual talent

Horrible looking prick

Unathletic and one paced

"Horrible looking prick"

What the hell does his appearance have to do with anything? What a stupid comment.

Bottom line is, on here people go overboard on Colback. People don't like him cos played for the Mackems.

I certainly don't think he should be an automatic starter all of the time. But I think he is a valuable member of the squad.

Gouffran, Obertan, Williamson, Rivere, Sammy - these are problems, players that IMO contribute very little.

Hides when it gets tough

Not good enough

Will be here for life

No discipline

Replaced actual talent

Horrible looking prick

Unathletic and one paced

"Horrible looking prick"

What the hell does his appearance have to do with anything? What a stupid comment.

Bottom line is, on here people go overboard on Colback. People don't like him cos played for the Mackems.

I certainly don't think he should be an automatic starter all of the time. But I think he is a valuable member of the squad.

Gouffran, Obertan, Williamson, Rivere, Sammy - these are problems, players that IMO contribute very little.

I don't like him because he's a bang average/poor Premier League footballer who has replaced one of our best midfielders we've had in the last 10 years. Whether we'd signed him from Bordeaux or Sunderland, I'd hate him.

Hides when it gets tough

Not good enough

Will be here for life

No discipline

Replaced actual talent

Horrible looking prick

Unathletic and one paced

"Horrible looking prick"

I don't like him because he's a bang average/poor Premier League footballer who has replaced one of our best midfielders we've had in the last 10 years. Whether we'd signed him from Bordeaux or Sunderland, I'd hate him.

Aye, he's the poster boy for everything that's wrong with the club.

cheap,

bang-average,

runs a lot,

hides more,

no courage,

little skill of craft,

runs a lot,

cheap.

most of all - cheap and not quite poor enough to go down.

Honestly, just because he's surrounded by shite, that doesn't make him "valuable". There are about 6 "valuable" players in our squad, and he's certainly not one of them.

And not that I blame him, but he's fucking anonymous at LB.

Of course it's a joke that he's Cabaye "replacement" -  because obviously he's not in the same class.

But what the fuck are we going to do? Get rid of the whole squad and keep 6 players?

There are more pressing concerns than Colback. Like Gouffran. Like Obertan. Like Williamson. Like Rivere. Like Sammy. Like Carver. Like the absolute shite way the club is run from top-to-bottom.

The reason he's valuable is because he's better than a lot of the dross we have.

The big problem is the way the club is run, and the lack of investment. We all know this. But this consistent Colback bashing is tiresome tbh.

Scapegoating him achieves nothing.

I don't think you'll find too many people who are bashing Colback that aren't complaining about those other things. We are capable of recognising multiple issues, and believe that the ability of Jack Colback, and the fact he's an ever present in our XI, is an issue worth complaining about.

And I don't imagine it'd make much difference to our weekly Premier League defeat whether we started with 6 players or 11 players.

Guest firetotheworks

Amongst our support as a whole, the Colback haters on N-O are in the minority.

If that's true (and I don't think it is) then it's a measure of how thick our fans are and how low standards are. He's an absolute shower of shit, I fucking hate him as a player.

Colback deserves credit for playing in a position he clearly shouldn't have been in for that game, and not completely fucking it up. A lesser player, either in terms of skill, workrate or temperament, could have easily turned what was a bad decision by the manager before the game into a loss or worse after it. I'm not saying he played well by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like you can really win any game, much less a derby, through an excellent performance from a full back. Unless your name's Roberto Carlos. It's a defensive position at the best of times, and that's all it can be when being fulfilled by a midfielder who's not known for his crossing ability or dead ball skill. 4/10.

He also deserves credit for not pinging that golf ball right back at the dumb bastard who threw it when he was taking that corner - I've never been hit in the head by a golf ball, but I don't imagine it's a very nice experience.

The Colback hate in here is ridiculous. By all means hate the fact that he's a regular starter but you simply cite him as Cabaye's replacement. Cabaye hasn't been replaced and won't be.

He's been starting because he's been better than the likes of Anita and Tiote. He was nowhere near our worst player on Sunday. We've been at our best this season when Sissoko has performed; he was anonymous on Sunday.

Just watch him. When we're on the attack, he'll stand behind an opposition player so nobody can give him the ball. Cowardly little prick.

Good spot. I used to slate Nolan for being slow, but for all that, he never hid. Even without much of an engine he got into positions to make it count. No surprise that this game saw Geordie Jack do a good job of impersonating the invisible man.