Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

Probably do alright next season in fairness.

Fair comment. He's a top player at that level.

I couldn't disagree more to be honest, I think he'll be fucking shit at Championship level as well. There isn't one redeeming quality he has to succeed in such a competitive and physical league

I couldn't disagree more to be honest, I think he'll be f***ing s*** at Championship level as well. There isn't one redeeming quality he has to succeed in such a competitive and physical league

He runs around a lot and he tries.

I couldn't disagree more to be honest, I think he'll be f***ing s*** at Championship level as well. There isn't one redeeming quality he has to succeed in such a competitive and physical league

This is a major reason we are shit as a team when he plays. He just chases the ball like a dog, leaves his position, drags the team around and leaves spaces in behind the midfield. He's absolutely tragic. The best DMs hold their position and intercept play or tackle whilst being approach by oncoming attackers. Not chase every opposition player in possession, only to be turned inside out by Fabio Borini and Glenn Whelean.

Unfortunately most match going fans like "his effort" because they notice him more whilst he chases the fucking ball like a loon. Hate the cunt.

Fuck off you pastey mackem noodle.

He does sometimes to be fair, but the point stands - I don't see that being an especially useful characteristic in that league. It's the second professional level at the end of the day, there's some good teams down there...we still need to play football to win (even if it's just getting the ball wide and pounding the box with crosses). I can't see how him being constantly out of position by applying pressure in stupid positions will help us, the only thing is that we won't be punished by his crap positioning as much as in the Premier League...not exactly a positive

This is a major reason we are s*** as a team when he plays. He just chases the ball like a dog, leaves his position, drags the team around and leaves spaces in behind the midfield. He's absolutely tragic. The best DMs hold their position and intercept play or tackle whilst being approach by oncoming attackers. Not chase every opposition player in possession, only to be turned inside out by Fabio Borini and Glenn Whelean.

Unfortunately most match going fans like "his effort" because they notice him more whilst he chases the f***ing ball like a loon. Hate the c***.

f*** off you pastey mackem noodle.

He does sometimes to be fair, but the point stands - I don't see that being an especially useful characteristic in that league. It's the second professional level at the end of the day, there's some good teams down there...we still need to play football to win (even if it's just getting the ball wide and pounding the box with crosses). I can't see how him being constantly out of position by applying pressure in stupid positions will help us, the only thing is that we won't be punished by his crap positioning as much as in the Premier League...not exactly a positive

I agree with both of you, I was just being tongue in cheek. ;)

The great of the Gallowgate, the lad of the Leazes, his excellency of the East and the magician of the Milburn will be back at the weekend. Form an orderly queue to celebrate appropriately.

One of the reasons I'm desperate for Rafa to stay on next season. I think he'd get shot of Colback pretty quickly if we were in the premier. In the championship he probably wouldn't get exposed as badly.

Guest reefatoon

To tell you the truth, I would rather have him in the middle than Wijnaldum. At least Colback touches the ball now and again.

Disclaimer: Colback is still a cunt