Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Just go ahead and rewatch the Stoke 5-1 match. HBA took the p*ss man, and If I'm right...AP didn't start him versus Arsenal right?

Yep, dropped him. Basically it really didn't matter how well Hatem played.

I've saved a few matches on DVR from pre Cabaye sale and of course the Chelsea 3-2 where Sissoko won it. That electric atmosphere is long gone until Pardew is sacked. Nuts.

Been watching a few Gazza documentaries recently ("Gazza - The Real Me (1990)" is a "new" one btw) and HBA really is the modern Gazza. The childlike enthusiasm to drive the team forward at all times being the most obvious similarity.

Guest bimpy474

Just go ahead and rewatch the Stoke 5-1 match. HBA took the p*ss man, and If I'm right...AP didn't start him versus Arsenal right?

Yep, dropped him. Basically it really didn't matter how well Hatem played.

I've saved a few matches on DVR from pre Cabaye sale and of course the Chelsea 3-2 where Sissoko won it. That electric atmosphere is long gone until Pardew is sacked. Nuts.

The atmosphere is dead while Pardew carries on with dull boring football, and continues to pick players that couldn't excite a nun. Football is entertainment and Pardew brings absolutely nothing to a game for that to happen right now.

Personally as much as it pains me, we might see better stuff if we do buy, but as usual we'll be an injury or sale away from his arse falling out again, back to the hoof and hope losing shit all over again. That's going to be cycle of football we're trapped in while this idiot is in charge.

2005 Graham Souness did his best Perry Mason impression when speaking to the Chronicle:

"Craig Bellamy can never play for me again. I still believe I couldn't have handled the situation with him any differently from the way I did.

"Craig Bellamy had scored seven goals up to the start of the new year and he was probably on schedule to score more goals for this club than he had before in any one season.

"But since he left, our dressing room is a healthier place. At the end of the day, the club is not here for the benefit of any one individual.

"The only player I have fallen out with here is Craig Bellamy. Yes, Laurent Robert isn't happy because he's not in the team every week but I don't expect any player not in the team to be happy.

"I pick players on how they train and how they play in matches. I cannot fall out with people because our personalities are not matched. I have to be far bigger than that. That's not what management is about.

"Who are these players I'm supposed to have fallen out with? Andy Cole? I rest my case. David Dunn? I rest my case. Craig Bellamy? I rest my case. Andy Todd? I rest my case. Dwight Yorke? We only fell out once at one training session.

"Don't forget I've managed hundreds of players in my 19 years as a manager. So I've fallen out with five of them? I rest my case."

To be honest' date=' I wasn't so sure when we signed Ginola. He was a Frenchman who was supposed to be quite moody and a primadonna and at first I thought there would be problems. We trained a few times and had a few practice games and the rest of the players seemed to be doing all his running, especially fullback John Beresford. I started having a moan during the training session and after it, Keegan pulled me in. He left me in no doubt how he felt. "Look, I know he's got his faults and I understand what you're saying about his work rate but he could win us the league! So if you've got to do a bit extra, then you've got to do it."[/quote']

:smitten:

To be honest' date=' I wasn't so sure when we signed Ginola. He was a Frenchman who was supposed to be quite moody and a primadonna and at first I thought there would be problems. We trained a few times and had a few practice games and the rest of the players seemed to be doing all his running, especially fullback John Beresford. I started having a moan during the training session and after it, Keegan pulled me in. He left me in no doubt how he felt. "Look, I know he's got his faults and I understand what you're saying about his work rate but he could win us the league! So if you've got to do a bit extra, then you've got to do it."[/quote']

:smitten:

Love that quote and all the other quotes from Keegan and SBR which show what a fantastic footballing philosophy they have in comparison to the prick we have in charge

There's loads of quotes like that in the autobiographies of the entertainers lot.

A few from Ferdinand...

Gerry Francis is the best tactician I've ever worked with, he worries about the opposition and how to stop them. Kevin was only worried from a tactical point of view about his own team. He felt if we played the way he wanted us to play, there wasn't a side in the country who could touch us. He never specifically sat us down in pre season to tell us this, it was just at his team talks and general chats that his philosophy and way of approaching things came across.

Kevin always made us feel a million dollars every time we went out. He was just how I imagined him to be. He got me really motivated and when he spoke, you just wanted to play football. Out on the training ground he was the same, his enthusiasm came shining through. He had Terry McDermott with him and he was a terrific sidekick for him. They would laugh and joke with the players and join in the training sessions and that made it really enjoyable and created a great atmosphere.

My first game for Newcastle was in a testimonial against Hartlepool at their ground. I played the first half and a little bit of the second but the biggest surprise was that Kevin had arranged for my girlfriend and sister to come up and see my very first game, so my little boy was there as well. I didn't know until I was actually out on the pitch and there they were, sitting behind the dugout. Kevin then called over to me while I was warming up and there was my son, sitting on the bench. That's the sort of guy Kevin was. For that sort of thing he was the best manager in the world.