Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

FWIW, I worked this out the other week for all these '1 game in 10' idiots. Gouffran and Sissoko's stats are slightly out as a result, but neither have scored since, so if anything it's doing them a favour. Mata's is out as well because he's scored against Liverpool since this.

HBA (48 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

Gouffran (56 starts)

1 goal per 6 PL starts

1 assist per PL 14 starts

Obertan (26 starts)

1 goal per 13 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

R. Taylor (31 starts)

1 goal per 10 PL starts

1 assist per 6 PL starts

Sissoko (61 starts)

1 goal per 8 PL starts

1 assist per 7 PL starts

...and now just for fun, compare him to an undoubtedly world class player, about the same age, playing in the same position, dropped for apparently not tracking back and being lazy, recently sold for £37 million.

Juan Mata (96 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 3 PL starts.

End product apparently doesn't matter unless you run a million miles a game.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have to update them to include the extra games that Gouffran, Sissoko and Mata have had and I can't really be arsed considering it'll be completely ignored. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I put that in two comments on the Chronicle website when people were saying he was a 1 in 10 player. They just didn't reply. They don't care that they're wrong, they just carry on in their cognitive dissonance.

FWIW, I worked this out the other week for all these '1 game in 10' idiots. Gouffran and Sissoko's stats are slightly out as a result, but neither have scored since, so if anything it's doing them a favour. Mata's is out as well because he's scored against Liverpool since this.

HBA (48 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

Gouffran (56 starts)

1 goal per 6 PL starts

1 assist per PL 14 starts

Obertan (26 starts)

1 goal per 13 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

R. Taylor (31 starts)

1 goal per 10 PL starts

1 assist per 6 PL starts

Sissoko (61 starts)

1 goal per 8 PL starts

1 assist per 7 PL starts

...and now just for fun, compare him to an undoubtedly world class player, about the same age, playing in the same position, dropped for apparently not tracking back and being lazy, recently sold for £37 million.

Juan Mata (96 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 3 PL starts.

Yeah, but Hatem was personally and directly responsible for us conceding over 3000 goals in those games.

Fair enough - would be interesting to ask one of the Chronicle/Journal guys to work out themselves the next time they write a provocative article about HBA.

And they'll point you in the direction of Bruce and what he seems to be saying.

If a player can't or wont buy into what the team are doing in training, then after initially trying to accommodate his undoubted talent, he's not going to get into the squad or out onto the pitch and individual stats ultimately mean chuff all.

Guest firetotheworks

That doesn't change the fact that he should have been being played here. Training means nothing if it doesn't match what you do at the weekend. Shola proved that over the last decade.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hatem-ben-arfa-set-move-8315477

Hatem Ben Arfa is wanted by Greek giants Olympiakos - and a French film maker.

We understand that Ben Arfa, who has been told by Newcastle that he won’t be back at the club, is examining the possibility move to Greece next month. His agent, Michel Ouzaine, insisted his player will get signed up in January.

And in-keeping with the oddness that has always surrounded Ben Arfa, a fly on the wall documentary will be made about the Frenchman’s life away from football.

Ouzaine said: “There are a lot of clubs interested in him, despite everything that has been said. He will have a new club in January, that won’t be a problem, don’t you worry.”

A more surprising development, according to 20minutes.fr is the work-in-progress that is the documentary being made about the former France international.

Film-maker Bruno Sevaistre, who produced a documentary series from 1999 to 2002 that featured the daily lives of Ben Arfa and a host of other young players at France’s Clairefontaine football headquarters, has been given access to the footballer’s life away from the pitch.

In the ‘A la Clairefontaine’ series, the teenage Ben Arfa and fellow future professional Abou Diaby were seen grappling in an angry exchange.

Sevaistre said: “I feel a little responsible for all the media exposure around Hatem and the consequence this has had on his career.

“This film, or this series - it hasn’t been decided yet - is a way to redress the balance.

“We don’t always see the best of Hatem. I filmed him crying with those close to him, but he is a boy who is the total opposite to his reputation. He is sensitive, serious, fragile.

“People don’t have any idea of the obstacles he has had to overcome in his career.”

Ben Arfa played just nine times for Hull City following his loan move from United and Steve Bruce admitted last week that his signing had not worked.

Did some stats similar to KI because I'm bored.

Ben Arfa total minutes in PL an EL for NUFC: 4648

Goals: 13

Assists: 11

Minutes per goal: ~357 (~4 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~422 (~4.7 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~193 (~2.15 games per assist/goal)

Yoan Gouffran total minutes in PL for NUFC: 4740

Goals: 9

Assists: 4

Minutes per goal: ~527 (~5.85 games per goal)

Minutes per assist: ~1185 (~13.16 games per assist)

Minutes per goal/assist: ~364 (~4 games per goal/assist)

Now that they've played around the same amount of time for the club you can safely say that Hatem gives you around twice as much output as Gouffran.

Wouldn't have Gouffran over him (as a winger) but without doubt I would have Cabella, Aarons and possibly Sammy over him.

He has had the best moments of his career now. Thanks for the memories.

:spit:

Is it the Friday of freaky opinions? Second ridiculous post I've read today.

Been reading that last few pages. I mean, no matter how much of utter cunts Pardew and Bruce are, you can't just go all Lenin on them. Some excuses for HBA remind me of what Liverpool fans used to say about Babel. "Give him a less boring and more expressive manager and he'd be the next Henry". Some players just don't want to be very good. They don't stay the extra half hour or hours that Ronaldo stayed to practice his heading.. Some prefer to spend hours rapping, some rather shit themselves in hospital bed to get the hot nurse to touch them near the sensitive spots..I suspect HBA will end up in Turkish league sooner rather than later and probably team up with either Shola or Babel in that regard.

His current situation is like a patient with a history of being "difficult" , ditto a Seinfeld episode about Elaine. Many teams will be very reluctant to take a gamble on him. Once that tag is on your head, it's hard to get it off. We'll see if he can manage it or not.

Been reading that last few pages. I mean, no matter how much of utter cunts Pardew and Bruce are, you can't just go all Lenin on them. Some excuses for HBA remind me of what Liverpool fans used to say about Babel. "Give him a less boring and more expressive manager and he'd be the next Henry". Some players just don't want to be very good. They don't stay the extra half hour or hours that Ronaldo stayed to practice his heading.. Some prefer to spend hours rapping, some rather shit themselves in hospital bed to get the hot nurse to touch them near the sensitive spots..I suspect HBA will end up in Turkish league sooner rather than later and probably team up with either Shola or Babel in that regard.

His current situation is like a patient with a history of being "difficult" , ditto a Seinfeld episode about Elaine. Many teams will be very reluctant to take a gamble on him. Once that tag is on your head, it's hard to get it off. We'll see if he can manage it or not.

Who is this referring to? :lol:

Can't believe Ben Arfa only has 13 goals in 76 league games, for an attacking midfielder its hardly amazing tbh

Shame Ben Arfa doesn't have the drive and determination to improve throughout his career when you look at other players around his age and where he could have been