Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Loan cancelled and coming back in January according to the Chronicle.

:lol:

So that's Lyon, Marseille, Newcastle and Hull now.  None of it is his fault though!  :rolleyes:

Who says nothing is his fault?  I couldn't give a fuck if he pissed on Pardew every day, all I care about is what I see on the pitch and I can see that he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was based on performances.  Apparently I only saw 3 or 4 good performances though so what do I know :mackems:

Only 10-15 decent games as well apparently, in that case I wonder if any of our players in the last 10 years have had more than a hand full of decent games ???

I wish journalists and 'itks' could be specific about what HBA actually does wrong. Real facts though - not made up bullshit. Because the work rate thing is a myth, the lack of end product is a myth etc etc. If challenging Pardew is enough to get him ostracised, that says a lot more about Pardew than it does about HBA. No one ever has specific details.

Takes a big leader to just kick off with a player bc he didn't believe in his brilliant football philosophy. No more goals. Keep it tight. Hopefully get some magic and nick it. Get stuck in lads. Keep the dressing room banter up. We owe it Mike who stuck by us, this one is for him bull shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regardless, HBA needs to buck his ideas up, his career has been wasted thus far and a huge proportion of that is down to himself. For someone of his ability and talented he hasn't hal had a disappointing career.

Regardless, HBA needs to buck his ideas up, his career has been wasted thus far and a huge proportion of that is down to himself. For someone of his ability and talented he hasn't hal had a disappointing career.

There's no reason he couldn't have been one of the top ten players in the world with the natural ability he has. 

Huge waste for him and for nufc as well. (although if he had lived up to his potential I guess we would have never been able to buy him)

He's a talent and maybe he hasn't had the best managers, but he obviously has no social skills and ability to just keep his head down and get along.  He needs to sort himself out and sometimes, even if it's not what he prefers, just go along with the manager and get himself a chance to be on the pitch.  He's no longer the young lad who is a bit of an enigma with time to sort his head out.  He's now an experienced player who should know better.  He should realise managers have an ego and he needs to maybe let some things go and just try to fit into what his managers want, even if he disagrees with it.

Pardew has handled him terribly (He's Pardew so of course he has) and I'm not convinced Bruce was the kind of forward thinking attacking manager Ben Arfa needs, but it's just too many managers now that he's fallen out with.  If he'd been here with Bobby he'd have been amazing, but managers like Bobby and Keegan are one in a million.  There's not many of them about and it's unlikely Ben Arfa will find a manager who will do things exactly as he wants.  He basically needs to grow up a bit.

Guest firetotheworks

I love watching him play football and he's easily effective enough to play. Everything else can fuck off because it's entirely irrelevant.

Mental how people wanted Bruce here. He's another Pardew, complete fucking idiot who hasn't a clue how to handle flair players or implement an attacking style of football.

Really just shows how desperate people are to get rid of Pardew, even someone as shit as Bruce is considered an improvement.  Though the more I see of his Hull team I think he might be a sideway step, outside of perhaps not being as slimey as Pardew.

Hatem Ben Arfa has been warned by Steve Bruce to pull his sleeves up – or face having his loan spell from Newcastle cut short.

The mercurial French international was dropped again for yesterday’s dull goalless draw against fellow relegation stragglers West Brom.

And while the Hull manager denied the pair had a bust-up after last week’s defeat at Old Trafford he admitted he had not yet decided to keep Ben Arfa for the rest of the season.

“It’s not true about a bust-up,” he said. “Of course he’s not happy about being taken off against Manchester United.

“But he has to be treated like everyone else and win his spurs back by training hard and working hard and trying to get himself back into the team.

“It’s disappointing for me. But I have to run a team and pick people on merit who work for the team.

GettyDisappointing: Bruce isn't happy with Hatem Ben Arfa

“There’s got to be a work-rate and attitude that makes sure you do something for the team. For me the team is bigger than any individual even though something like today might have been his moment.

“He didn’t earn enough at Old Trafford to be in the substitutes against Everton in midweek or against West Brom . The rest is up to him now.

“He has to roll his sleeves up and work for the cause. There’s no disputing he’s got ability. But ability isn’t enough at this level.

“We’ll see what December and January bring and have a sit-down with him and see where we all are.”

Hull have had a great 2014 – but Bruce’s ambitiously-assembled side are in grave danger of sinking deep into the mire.