Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest Thump 1892

I remember, not long after we'd first brought him in, I won two tickets to the Stoke game (aye, that Stoke game). My ex thought I was mad because every time he touched the ball I started smiling and giggling to myself. A few seasons back I had a season ticket and every single time Ben Arfa was in possession, I had the same reaction; just sit back and smile away like I'd had a dab or six. Even now, whenever I watch a video of Hatem doing what Hatem does, it makes me smile. Even when he isn't having the best of games it's still bloody entertaining to watch him have a go and try and dribbled past (or through) 11 men.

Reckon we should have a whip round and get Pardew some guidance counselling?

And of course, the day he decides to do this is the day I'm moving back to Toon from bloody Brighton.

I remember, not long after we'd first brought him in, I won two tickets to the Stoke game (aye, that Stoke game). My ex thought I was mad because every time he touched the ball I started smiling and giggling to myself. A few seasons back I had a season ticket and every single time Ben Arfa was in possession, I had the same reaction; just sit back and smile away like I'd had a dab or six. Even now, whenever I watch a video of Hatem doing what Hatem does, it makes me smile. Even when he isn't having the best of games it's still bloody entertaining to watch him have a go and try and dribbled past (or through) 11 men.

Reckon we should have a whip round and get Pardew some guidance counselling?

And of course, the day he decides to do this is the day I'm moving back to Toon from bloody Brighton.

Which Stoke game?

It's exactly as Keegan said when he signed Tino

"I've seen what other people say about him. They think he's a good player and warn about his temperament. But if I had signed players on the basis of what I heard about them, David Ginola and Andy Cole wouldn't have come to this club and the fans would have missed some great players."

"You've got to have the courage to look at what you need and get the very best available. That's what I did. What other people think of players has never worried me. You listen to the talk, but you've got to make your own decisions. It's on the field where it really matters."

"The crowd will love him. He's a match-winner, he's a goalscorer and he's an entertainer. He's a real Newcastle player - quick, works hard and has flair. Faustino's the sort of player that Geordies love. The players they talk about are just like him. They should sit back and watch this fellow."

Guest Thump 1892

"I've seen what other people say about him. They think he's a good player and warn about his temperament. But if I had signed players on the basis of what I heard about them, David Ginola and Andy Cole wouldn't have come to this club and the fans would have missed some great players."

"You've got to have the courage to look at what you need and get the very best available. That's what I did. What other people think of players has never worried me. You listen to the talk, but you've got to make your own decisions. It's on the field where it really matters."

"The crowd will love him. He's a match-winner, he's a goalscorer and he's an entertainer. He's a real Newcastle player - quick, works hard and has flair. Faustino's the sort of player that Geordies love. The players they talk about are just like him. They should sit back and watch this fellow."

They say that if you listen very carefully around SJP on a Septembers night, you can still hear Tino celebrating his hat trick.

:thup:

Guest Dontooner

The best moments of the last 4 years were easily when Ben was performing for us. Unfortunate to see him leave in such a manner.

I hope he does well and fulfill his potential at whichever club he goes next. 

He has made me a fan of his and remain so even after he departs. A player that truly cared and understood about Newcastle , even after all the abuse he got from the Newcastle management he was patient with only the fans.

Feel so out of touch with people not on this forum...

Sydneysider, In the land downunder, Australia, 33 minutes ago

I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve but fans would be wrong to go along with this. If his aim is to destabilise the squad and manager then shame on him. I am a fan Newcastle of 40 years and hate bad press like this just before the start of a season.

Harris Pilton, Harrogate, United Kingdom, 22 minutes ago

Meeting to be held at Dunkin Donuts, no doubt. The world is full of talented players who don't have the application for the daily grind. HBA is just one more. Cabella appears to have the talent and the work ethic....so it's bye bye to Hatem. Shame....but it was always going to end this way.

Watched a video on Facebook that Decky shared there. Didn't realise almost all his goals for you were absolute screamers. :lol: Where did it all go wrong?

Gozza forced his way into the team after a fine display against Whitley Bay.

Feel so out of touch with people not on this forum...

Sydneysider, In the land downunder, Australia, 33 minutes ago

I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve but fans would be wrong to go along with this. If his aim is to destabilise the squad and manager then shame on him. I am a fan Newcastle of 40 years and hate bad press like this just before the start of a season.

Harris Pilton, Harrogate, United Kingdom, 22 minutes ago

Meeting to be held at Dunkin Donuts, no doubt. The world is full of talented players who don't have the application for the daily grind. HBA is just one more. Cabella appears to have the talent and the work ethic....so it's bye bye to Hatem. Shame....but it was always going to end this way.

These two cunts need throwing under a train.

So flag update is that the person who has it works nights and its in a lockup in Berrwick.

He has given me a number for the guy who could help.

I text and called him but had no reply.