Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

How long before Hatem gets the "like a new signing"  tag

I'd rather have him back in the team regularly than see us sign any player we've been linked with that's for sure.

Oh and this whole "he refused to sign a new contract" thing that keeps getting mentioned, can you imagine if he had?  Stuck in limbo under this utter twat of a "manager" on a 5 year contract :puke:

Same here, under Pardew hes never going to be happy when we go 1-0 up hes hauled off to protect our lead instead of trying to kill off the opposition and when we go 1 or 2 down hes hauled off made a scapegoat eg Southampton Everton last season. Add in his 10 minute cameos he gets off the bench when Pardews in the shit. Its just a fucking joke. Pardew and Ben Arfa will never work one has to go and for fucks sakes please be Pardew and SOON

You know what?

Just ONCE, I love to see us play a 4303 with Ben Arfa, Cabella, and Riviere all stood on the halfway line (ok just inside to be onside) and told NOT to trackback while we were defending with 7 players.

Id bet one whole english pound that EVERY team would leave at least five players back to defend against that, and wouldnt dare hold a high line.

Its total bullshit, that every player has to defend.

We dont ask Williamson to make runs down the wing ffs.

This, every word.

It is ridiculous how some people can't see that defending with 11 men simply invites pressure actually makes it harder to defend and clear your lines.

'Attack is the best form of defense', a mantra that did Alex Ferguson no harm not many other managers. Keegan and Robson both created fantastic teams here using the same philosophy and it was always a pleasure to watch them. That pleasure is utterly gone these days.

You know what?

Just ONCE, I love to see us play a 4303 with Ben Arfa, Cabella, and Riviere all stood on the halfway line (ok just inside to be onside) and told NOT to trackback while we were defending with 7 players.

Id bet one whole english pound that EVERY team would leave at least five players back to defend against that, and wouldnt dare hold a high line.

Double edged sword.  As soon as we concede from the very first corner doing that, people will bitch about the 3 players stood up the pitch watching on.

Teams generally have 5 players in the box to attack a corner, that would leave them with 5 to play with elsewhere, they wouldnt need 5 to deal with those 3, maybe 3 with one a bit deeper outside the box if it gets headed clear.

With NUFC's 5 man marking, and 3 on the half way line stood watching, we'd only have 2 to play with, sacrificing men on the post to pick up the other teams "extra" men

Not worth it imo.  Seen a stat that with more men in the box you're however more likely to NOT concede on a corner, just cause of numbers

You know what?

This, every word.

It is ridiculous how some people can't see that defending with 11 men simply invites pressure actually makes it harder to defend and clear your lines.

'Attack is the best form of defense', a mantra that did Alex Ferguson no harm not many other managers. Keegan and Robson both created fantastic teams here using the same philosophy and it was always a pleasure to watch them. That pleasure is utterly gone these days.

English mentaility though of everyone has to track back/get stuck in, show their passion etc.....even the fans over here.....I remember the fans slating the likes of L.Robert etc for not putting in the effort to help defend.

You know what?

What a novel idea. It'll never catch on!

You know what?

Fecking cracking post!  Almost jumped out my seat at work and fist-pumped!

Guest zicomartin

But the 4303 formation could be perfect for Pardew's front foot football.

Mike Williamson would look like  Stevie G.  hoofing the ball over the heads of their midfield.  :coat: