Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Ben Arfa = 1 goal every 364 mins, 1 assist every 300 mins

Obertan = 1 goal every  1547 mins, 1 assist every 441 mins

Gouffran = 1 goal every 442 mins, 1 assist every 604 mins

Sissoko = 1 goal every every 867 mins, 1 assist every 578 mins

I know which 3 I'd prefer we persist with.

And just for reference

Welbeck = 1 goal every 289 mins, 1 assist every 399 mins

This actually just happend:

Well, those numbers don't tell you much since they're gathered over several seasons. They would be considerably worse if he'd played more last season, and we would have lost more games (I think, you could never be sure).

Ben Arfa = 1 goal every 364 mins, 1 assist every 300 mins

Obertan = 1 goal every  1547 mins, 1 assist every 441 mins

Gouffran = 1 goal every 442 mins, 1 assist every 604 mins

Sissoko = 1 goal every every 867 mins, 1 assist every 578 mins

I know which 3 I'd prefer we persist with.

And just for reference

Welbeck = 1 goal every 289 mins, 1 assist every 399 mins

This actually just happend:

Well, those numbers don't tell you much since they're gathered over several seasons. They would be considerably worse if he'd played more last season, and we would have lost more games (I think, you could never be sure).

http://www.noisewiki.com/wiki/images/9/99/ExplodingHead.GIF

NUFC.com also having a bit of go at Hatem, in their write-up...

Scoring in back to back wins over Fulham and Aston Villa early in the 2013/14 season, a chunky-looking Ben Arfa struggled for both form and fitness and gradually found himself eased out of United's starting XI.

The sale of Yohan Cabaye early in 2014 seemed to give him a route back into the side, but due to a breakdown in relations with Pardew that never materialised.

Nowhere near the French squad for the 2014 World Cup, United made their intentions clear by handing new arrival Siem De Jong the number 10 squad number and excluding Ben Arfa from first team pre-season, banishing him to train with the U21 development side. 

He leaves having made 55 starts and 31 substitute appearances in all competitions, scoring 14 times.

Whatever Ben Arfa does or doesn't go on to achieve in the game, he goes down as another who wasted his talents in a black and white shirt.

Whether that was down to errant behaviour on the part of the player, or poor management from the club's leadership depends on your standpoint.

:jesuswept:

They've changed what they originally wrote.

Originally they apportioned a share of the blame between Pardew, HBA himself and they pointed the finger most at Colocinni with a little dig at him being most to blame.

In the cold light of day they appear to have made the piece less controversial.

Why do we have so many fans who seem to hate the idea of flair? Books have been written, waxing melodic about the majesty and beauty of the game. That is the point of doing all this, especially for a club like us that clearly isn't going to win the Premier League anytime soon, if ever.

The moments that lift you off your backside and make you scream, the moments where you run around your house/pub/wherever acting like a maniac because you've just seen an outrageous bit of play, the moments you remember for the rest of your life -- HBA is the embodiment of those kinds of things, and our club, the one that used to produce those moments on a regular basis just a decade or so ago, now actively hates them.

No child has ever gone to a match and left wanting to become Yoan Gouffran (harsh on the lad but you see the point).

It would be almost impossible to have watched HBA in his prime and left not wanting to be him, at least for a few minutes.

We have no soul, no reason for existence other than merely to make up the numbers. In many ways that's sadder than what happened to Portsmouth or Leeds.

HBA is a player full of colour and we are a club that, now literally and figuratively, can only see black and white.

Why do we have so many fans who seem to hate the idea of flair? Books have been written, waxing melodic about the majesty and beauty of the game. That is the point of doing all this, especially for a club like us that clearly isn't going to win the Premier League anytime soon, if ever.

The moments that lift you off your backside and make you scream, the moments where you run around your house/pub/wherever acting like a maniac because you've just seen an outrageous bit of play, the moments you remember for the rest of your life -- HBA is the embodiment of those kinds of things, and our club, the one that used to produce those moments on a regular basis just a decade or so ago, now actively hates them.

No child has ever gone to a match and left wanting to become Yoan Gouffran (harsh on the lad but you see the point).

It would be almost impossible to have watched HBA in his prime and left not wanting to be him, at least for a few minutes.

We have no soul, no reason for existence other than merely to make up the numbers. In many ways that's sadder than what happened to Portsmouth or Leeds.

HBA is a player full of colour and we are a club that, now literally and figuratively, can only see black and white.

In the words on Jamie Carragher - Nobody grows up to be a Gary Neville, except Phil.

Racist.

“And the icing on the cake was Ben Arfa, a little bit of a maverick. We all know he is a wonderful talent and although it has gone a little bit sideways for him at Newcastle in the last couple of months, he’ll bring that little bit of flair and creativity that every team needs.”

Although the additions of Hernandez and Diame had been touted for a number of days, the loan arrivals of Ramirez and Ben Arfa caught many by surprise – but not Bruce.

“I’ve been monitoring Ben Arfa for a couple of weeks and we quietly made it happen,” revealed Bruce.

“I was thinking ‘nobody has gone in for him, let’s hope it stays that way’ and it played into our hands on Monday. I didn’t think it would be possible to do a loan deal, but the later it got the more beneficial it became. With a bit of patience and a bit of luck, we’ve managed to pull in a really good player.

“And the icing on the cake was Ben Arfa, a little bit of a maverick. We all know he is a wonderful talent and although it has gone a little bit sideways for him at Newcastle in the last couple of months, he’ll bring that little bit of flair and creativity that every team needs.”

Although the additions of Hernandez and Diame had been touted for a number of days, the loan arrivals of Ramirez and Ben Arfa caught many by surprise – but not Bruce.

“I’ve been monitoring Ben Arfa for a couple of weeks and we quietly made it happen,” revealed Bruce.

“I was thinking ‘nobody has gone in for him, let’s hope it stays that way’ and it played into our hands on Monday. I didn’t think it would be possible to do a loan deal, but the later it got the more beneficial it became. With a bit of patience and a bit of luck, we’ve managed to pull in a really good player.

...Do I want Steve Bruce to be our manager? What is this.

...Do I want Steve Bruce to be our manager? What is this.

Yes you do. We'd be lucky to fucking have him at this point.

Get your head out of your arse

Ben Arfa is not fit to lace Beardsley or Ginola or Roberts boots.......you're a f***ing idiot if you think so either that or you never had the joy to watch Pedro...the greatest player I'll ever see in black and white

Shut up you f***ing table spoon.

Uncontrollably laughing here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do people think there is a generational aspect to this divide among the fans? Is there an over-representation of older fans among those who still refuse to acknowledge the murdering of our club - or the other way around?

TBH I couldn't find anybody still in support of Pardew until I bumped into an old friend yesterday. He was literally a Pardew clone. Only thing he agreed with me on, is that Gouff shouldn't be on the wing and he has stopped putting a shift tracking back because hes sick to the back teeth with it.

Apart from that I was bombarded with several gems such as, Willo is comfortably our best defender, Colback is better than Anita and should start along side De Jong in CM. Hatem is a fraud and the banner was an embarrassment. Cisse will come good (With what service?). And Ayoze is 17 years old apparently.  I could go on but I stabbed him when he said keeping Saylor over Mapou was the right decision for the direction the club want to be going in.

Sums up just why the terraces haven't unanimously turned on the c***, with opinions like these.

Brilliant :thup:

And hes 22, so not sure if its an age thing to support Pardew.

Harsh!  :lol:

Hatem Ben Arfa is keen to make the most of his time with Hull City after a whirlwind final day of the transfer window saw him arrive at the KC Stadium on loan until the end of the season.

Ben Arfa joined from Newcastle United, with the Tigers securing his signature with just moments to spare after being granted a two-hour extension to the 11pm deadline in order to get the deal done.

After a hectic day, one which the French midfielder admits he couldn’t have envisaged when waking up on Monday morning, the 27-year-old is keen to get his head down and embrace a fresh challenge.

“Monday was a long day but I am very happy to be here,” Ben Arfa told the Official Website.

“When I woke up on Monday morning, there was nothing on the cards. Then, in the afternoon the call came and everything happened very quickly after that. At 1am everything was complete and I was very happy.

“I’m very much looking forward to the start of a new challenge. The manager wants me here and that is very important. I’m looking forward to being back on the pitch after two months of only training.”

Ben Arfa was the Tigers’ fourth new addition during a dramatic final few hours of the transfer window and the exciting talent, capped 13 times by his country, is impressed with the squad that has been built by manager Steve Bruce.

“The manager has made a lot of very good signings,” added Ben Arfa.

“There were many good players already here and then more have arrived this week. There is a very good squad here and I think the team can do something great for this city.”

Ben Arfa also admitted to being overwhelmed by the welcome he received from Tigers fans on Monday night.

Around a hundred supporters waited until almost midnight to greet him as he arrived at the club’s training ground in Cottingham, almost moving him to tears.

“The welcome was amazing,” Ben Arfa continued.

“I was almost crying. I was shocked to see so many people there at midnight waiting for me. It was great and I thank them.”

If he's 22, he'll have missed Keegan and only just caught Robson. Sadly for a growing proportion of fans, we've always been shite and badly run. They probably don't think of us as any bigger than Stoke or Hull.

The ambitious Keegan generation is quickly being marginalised.

Ben Arfa also admitted to being overwhelmed by the welcome he received from Tigers fans on Monday night.

Around a hundred supporters waited until almost midnight to greet him as he arrived at the club’s training ground in Cottingham, almost moving him to tears.

“The welcome was amazing,” Ben Arfa continued.

“I was almost crying. I was shocked to see so many people there at midnight waiting for me. It was great and I thank them.”

Yeah we don't want players like that here, caring too much about the fans and identifying with them. We need more Remy's and Riviere's who wanted to go to Arsenal but will use us as a feeder club instead.