Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Do you think we'd have more points if he was in the team?

Definitely, he's the type of player we have needed in this slump - someone who can make something out of nothing.

I just fail to understand why he is loved on here when in reality compared to others, he has contributed very little and made an arse out of his own career.

There is no doubt he's a talented footballer.

Really fail to understand why a bloke who does not play for us (and hasn't for a while) gets so much attention.

I loved his moments of magic, but in reality, that is all they were... Moments.

90% of the time he gave less of a s*** then the current crop and did not contribute.

I always said, Hatem could play 10 games and would contribute (and win single handed) 1 of them, the other 9 he would be a near insignificance.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists

And with the "1 good game in 10" moniker, that means in every good game he had, he banged in at least 2, often scoring hat-tricks, and don't forget his 2 assists! :lol: I'd take that in a heartbeat.

You can say Pardew and Bruce "ruined" him, those damn English dinosaurs, but in reality Gerets, Perrin, Houllier and Deschamps did the same thing in France.

Fact if, if 6 managers (I'm using the term lightly with Pards and Bruce) thought he wasn't worth their time, then maybe they are right.

Really fail to understand why a bloke who does not play for us (and hasn't for a while) gets so much attention.

I loved his moments of magic, but in reality, that is all they were... Moments.

90% of the time he gave less of a s*** then the current crop and did not contribute.

I always said, Hatem could play 10 games and would contribute (and win single handed) 1 of them, the other 9 he would be a near insignificance.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists

Also almost 50 sub appearances.

You should effect a football match whether you start or come on as a sub.

You can make stats read however you like, was someone not shot down for suggesting Colback's stats are better than Sterlings?

Definitely, he's the type of player we have needed in this slump - someone who can make something out of nothing.

I just fail to understand why he is loved on here when in reality compared to others, he has contributed very little and made an arse out of his own career.

Because the way he plays is highly likely why most of us fell in love with football and the kind of football we dreamed about

Unless of course you dreamt about Gouffran running 15 yards and then passing the ball 10 yards to Colback?

Have I not already responded and answered that?

We'd have more points if Shola was in the team rather than Riviere. Doesn't mean Shola's the worlds greatest and underrated player.

Anyway, very few people realistically think he's the "Worlds greatest", but they think that we need players like HBA, that are capable of greatness at times. Whether they're the most consistent, or the hardest worker in the world, isn't always the most important thing.

He's revered on here more and more every day because he represents exactly the kind of player we need, and every day that we're forced to watch Ryan Taylor marshall our midfield, we will pine for some magic in the form of Hatem Ben Arfa.

Because the way he plays is highly likely why most of us fell in love with football and the kind of football we dreamed about

Unless of course you dreamt about Gouffran running 15 yards and then passing the ball 10 yards to Colback?

I can totally understand that and as I have said, I loved his moments of magic.

But the reality is, a lot of the time he did not show up.

Sterling has been hammered on here recently for not showing up certain games, similar player, similar attitude.

Some people just don't get it and they never will, it's quite sad really. Ben Arfa was never a world beater, but he was still the most talented footballer we had and when played correctly (ie on the right and starting every game) he lived up to expectations. The fact he was capable of the sublime means he'll always be revered by those who have a soul.

It's even harder to take when you've been banging on about this for about 3 year whilst he's been chronically mismanaged, shamelessly robbing us of many amazing memories, replaced by the odd Gouffran tap in, Ameobie's heavy breathing and Obertan tripping over his own feet.

We'd have more points if Shola was in the team rather than Riviere. Doesn't mean Shola's the worlds greatest and underrated player.

Anyway, very few people realistically think he's the "Worlds greatest", but they think that we need players like HBA, that are capable of greatness at times. Whether they're the most consistent, or the hardest worker in the world, isn't always the most important thing.

He's revered on here more and more every day because he represents exactly the kind of player we need, and every day that we're forced to watch Ryan Taylor marshall our midfield, we will pine for some magic in the form of Hatem Ben Arfa.

Completely agree that should he have been with the team this season we'd have more points.

Completely agree that he's the sort of player we need (when he shows up).

But there are plenty of other players out there, of similar style who actually perform on a more regular basis (that NUFC could attract).

Fact is, he doesn't play for us anymore. Why cry over spilt milk? He's gone and not coming back.

Why are we not crying that Shearer isn't playing anymore? All those goals we could have had this season.

Bring back Alan!

Some people just don't get it and they never will, it's quite sad really. Ben Arfa was never a world beater, but he was still the most talented footballer we had and when played correctly (ie on the right and starting every game) he lived up to expectations. The fact he was capable of the sublime means he'll always be revered by those who have a soul.

It's even harder to take when you've been banging on about this for about 3 year whilst he's been chronically mismanaged, shamelessly robbing us of many amazing memories, replaced by the odd Gouffran tap in, Ameobie's heavy breathing and Obertan tripping over his own feet.

He was "chronically mismanaged" at Lyon and Marseille too under better managers. At what stage does HBA take responsibility for himself and his action?

Sterling has been hammered on here recently for not showing up certain games, similar player, similar attitude.

That isn't the reality though, it's something you're just saying to suit your agenda whilst ignoring the mitigating factors behind why his form may have been up and down.

Sterling is a good point, although I don't think he's capable of anything close to the ridiculous things Ben Arfa could pull off. We're football fans, we'll make stupid, hypocritical comments about other players from other teams, you could look hard enough and you'd find people slagging off Eden Hazard and Diego Costa for not turning up, actually scratch that, you could click on the Messi thread and see people saying the same things about Christiano Ronaldo :lol:

So Sterling wouldn't get in our side either?

What did you think of Laurent Robert?

He was "chronically mismanaged" at Lyon and Marseille too under better managers. At what stage does HBA take responsibility for himself?

Honestly don't start, you have absolutely no clue about his treatment here, you couldn't possibly.

Completely agree that should he have been with the team this season we'd have more points.

Completely agree that he's the sort of player we need (when he shows up).

But there are plenty of other players out there, of similar style who actually perform on a more regular basis (that NUFC could attract).

Fact is, he doesn't play for us anymore. Why cry over spilt milk? He's gone and not coming back.

Why are we not crying that Shearer isn't playing anymore? All those goals we could have had this season.

Bring back Alan!

If I want to cry over spilt milk I will cry over spilt milk. That's not really your decision to make. To me HBA is a player that we gave away that could make a huge difference to our team. With most players at least there was some financial incentive to lose them (not that we see the money), with HBA, we just gave him away.

No, he would have thrown a wobbly just like he did at Lyon and Marseille and refused to play and put in a transfer request.

Hasn't he got about four French titles?

So Sterling wouldn't get in our side either?

What did you think of Laurent Robert?

Not once have I said I do not want HBA in our team.

All I have done is point out that he never fulfilled his potential and repeatedly gave nothing performances but is still carried on here as the saviour of all.

If people mention his name in a slightly negative manner on this forum they are shot down, it's ridiculous.

He was "chronically mismanaged" at Lyon and Marseille too under better managers. At what stage does HBA take responsibility for himself?

Honestly don't start, you have absolutely no clue about his treatment here, you couldn't possibly.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D His treatment? Was he chained to a wall during training sessions? Then thrown in a dark room for 2 weeks when he didn't track back?