Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Fucking Madness man, sounds pathetic but I really can't let this one go - we had Hatem Ben Arfa here and Pardew and co. somehow managed to fuck him about all day every day, he still loved us, he still wanted to play here, he felt at home here and they managed to kick out a player we all loved and admired and enjoyed. Fuck them man.

Watching him on Youtube is depressing :(

He was kind of like Ginola in the way that he might not track back or "run his socks off" but he could produce that bit of magic or get you a winning goal from nothing. Keegan knew this with Ginola but we, instead of using him in a similar way, shipped him off in favour of another headless chicken. Tragic :(

Fucking Madness man, sounds pathetic but I really can't let this one go

Same here. Plus the revisionism that has gone on since, the redefinition of what a 'hard working' player is... We'd have a team full of Alan Smiths and Mike Williamsons if anti Ben arfa types had their way. Which is pretty much what we do have and have become what Sunderland were a few years ago.

Sickening.

If Hatem, Santon, Marveaux and Yanga-Mbiwa were still here as bad as Carver has been we'd at least be safe.

He wouldn't have played any of them.

Considering he plays Cabella i think he would, well Hatem would anyway.

You really think Carver would essential take Hatems side over captain courageous? :lol:

Just watched a youtube video of him while he was here, man it was depressing as fuck. The treatment of Ben Arfa and the subsequent demise of any attacking football since is still the thing that riles me up the most of anything in recent years. With any luck Pardew will have to sell Bolasie in the summer, he'll soon be back to norm then.

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

So like the rest of the team, aye?

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Just like last time we were in this position and he never turned up. Apart from the crucial equaliser at Loftus Road.

If a penalty against a dreadful team is the best example of him 'turning up', then I rest my case.  :coolsmiley:

Who won the penalty?

Reckon if he'd had just 20 minutes at the end of every game on this run he'd have at least fashioned a couple of goals/assists out of somewhere, which would make a hell of a difference if it had even got us 1 extra point.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us...

The idea that someone with Ben Arfa's goal/assist record per game wouldn't have been worth two more points over the course of an entire season is absolutely laughable.

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us...

Probably because Marveaux and Ben Arfa are better footballers than Ryan Taylor and Gouffran, and a team with better football players tend to win more games than others.