Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

So like the rest of the team, aye?

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us...

Even though players like Marveaux did last time?

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us...

How did he save us last time?

Just like last time we were in this position and he never turned up. Apart from the crucial equaliser at Loftus Road.

If a penalty against a dreadful team is the best example of him 'turning up', then I rest my case.  :coolsmiley:

Better than anyone managed last weekend against an equally shite QPR team.

Seriously, what kind of cocksnogger can't see that even a half-arsed HBA would bring 200% more to the team than fucking slopers like Gouffran, Sameobi or Obertan?

Just like last time we were in this position and he never turned up. Apart from the crucial equaliser at Loftus Road.

If a penalty against a dreadful team is the best example of him 'turning up', then I rest my case.  :coolsmiley:

Who won the penalty?

Better than anyone managed last weekend against an equally shite QPR team.

Seriously, what kind of cocksnogger can't see that even a half-arsed HBA would bring 200% more to the team than fucking slopers like Gouffran, Sameobi or Obertan?

Well done.

Well his clever assist in the 94th minute against Stoke won us two points, which is what we're currently short of safety. He also set up the only goal late on against QPR at home, there's two more. He set up more goals than anyone else that season.

I said players like him of course, Ben Arfa's contribution was also massive relative to the rest.

Better than anyone managed last weekend against an equally s**** QPR team.

Seriously, what kind of cocksnogger can't see that even a half-arsed HBA would bring 200% more to the team than f***ing slopers like Gouffran, Sameobi or Obertan?

Well done.

Come on. This forum has always had an unhealthy obsession with the lad. I admit he scored some excellent goals for us, but was mostly a frustrating hindrance with a bad attitude at every club he's been to. If Colback contributed as much to the club in 13/14 as he did you'd slaughter him. And before anyone starts, don't come out with some rubbish about how I like 'cloggers' and hate flair players. I just don't think Ben Arfa is worth having in the squad (and there are plenty of managers who agree with me).

Oh and a lot of you seem really impressed with his penalty against a team even Riviere scored against...

Seriously, what kind of cocksnogger can't see that even a half-arsed HBA would bring 200% more to the team than f***ing slopers like Gouffran, Sameobi or Obertan?

Well done.

Come on. This forum has always had an unhealthy obsession with the lad. I admit he scored some excellent goals for us, but was mostly a frustrating hindrance with a bad attitude at every club he's been to. If Colback contributed as much to the club in 13/14 as he did you'd slaughter him. And before anyone starts, don't come out with some rubbish about how I like 'cloggers' and hate flair players. I just don't think Ben Arfa is worth having in the squad (and there are plenty of managers who agree with me).

Oh and a lot of you seem really impressed with his penalty against a team even Riviere scored against...

Totally disagree (but I do agree with the cocksnogger thing :-)). A lot of people here seem to rate Cabella and he's not even half the player HBA is/was.

Not going to even argue the point with this guy. HBA single-handedly won us games. We haven't had a player like him since he was f***ed off. No substitute for passion, though, eh?

fully agreed. Well said.

Well his clever assist in the 94th minute against Stoke won us two points, which is what we're currently short of safety. He also set up the only goal late on against QPR at home, there's two more. He set up more goals than anyone else that season.

I said players like him of course, Ben Arfa's contribution was also massive relative to the rest.

Ah, I knew someone would mention that Marveaux provided most assists for us that season. There were 5. That's not to be sniffed at, but it's less of a contribution than many current squad members have made this season. Most players will score or set up a couple of big goals a season...

Well done.

This forum has always had an unhealthy obsession with the lad.

I hate posts like this.

Ah, I knew someone would mention that Marveaux provided most assists for us that season. There were 5. That's not to be sniffed at, but it's less of a contribution than many current squad members have made this season. Most players will score or set up a couple of big goals a season...

We're two points short of safety. Ben Arfa had won us two extra points on his own by the time the first game of that season had finished. Another penalty that he won himself, which you don't seem to count.

We're two points short of safety. Ben Arfa had won us two extra points on his own by the time the first game of that season had finished. Another penalty that he won himself, which you don't seem to count.

Word!

I do count it. BTW, we'd be down if it wasn't for Colback's goal v Everton, Williamson's goal v Palace, Obertan's goal v Leicester or Ameobi's goal v Spurs. It's easy to cherry pick moments to make players look like saviours when we know in reality, they're rubbish/average or whatever.

That's all people do with Ben Arfa. Remember the good goals, forget the laziness, the bad attitude, the fact he annoys the players and coaches at every club he's been to.

You could apply this forum's logic to any player. 'Colback's dead average but he's got us a few goals out of nothing, why do people want Abeid to start?' That's not my opinion before someone starts screaming at me...

I literally can't get my head round any fan who wouldn't want Ben Arfa in their team. It's just stupid, why do you watch football?

It's really not stupid at all to not like one player that you like. If Ben Arfa at least tried to perform even every other week, I wouldn't object to him.

That's all people do with Ben Arfa. Remember the good goals, forget the laziness, the bad attitude, the fact he annoys the players and coaches at every club he's been to.

Well then, please remind us of all the times he was lazy, showed bad attitude and annoyed players and coaches whilst at our club.