Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

You seem to have left my question unanswered for about the third time.

I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Get to f*** man.

absolute lunatic. probably part of the 'Alex Ferguson couldn't have done any better with these players' brigade.

I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Get to f*** man.

absolute lunatic. probably part of the 'Alex Ferguson couldn't have done any better with these players' brigade.

Maybe I'm wrong, but his limited contribution this season for Hull, last season for us, plus the fact that everybody's given up tells me he'd be no different.

Amazing that I'm the one being laughed at in this thread when there are people who genuinely think there is some international conspiracy against Hatem started by Pardew and Bruce!

HBA would've certainly made a difference. Direct wingers of his ilk are an absolute necessity in our current set up because we don't coach a team game, we need his sort that can rise above the lack team strategy and just do things on their own (even if it's once every 5 games). Invariably, these sorts of lads tend to cost a lot of money, though, so we've shot ourselves in the foot.

I do think he lost a little something after his 12/13 injury, but he'd have still made a difference.

Maybe I'm wrong, but his limited contribution this season for Hull, last season for us, plus the fact that everybody's given up tells me he'd be no different.

Amazing that I'm the one being laughed at in this thread when there are people who genuinely think there is some international conspiracy against Hatem started by Pardew and Bruce!

forget everything else. You said hba wouldn't have had any positive affect on our shambloic results. that on its own, is complete bullshit.

Wullie stated his contribution last season on a game by game basis, for pens won, goals scored, and assists provided.

At Hull it's was always gonna be shit with Bruce in charge you maniac.

Wullie stated his contribution last season on a game by game basis, for pens won, goals scored, and assists provided.

At Hull it's was always gonna be s*** with Bruce in charge you maniac.

Aye, and I think he stated 3 games?

Oh yeah sorry, forgot everybody in football is s**t except for Hatem.

Can't even see how this is up for debate. We are severely lacking in players who can deliver moments of quality in attacking areas. The likes of Cabella, Gouffran, Ameobi, Guttierez, Ryan Taylor and so on are objectively not fit to lace Ben Arfa's boots in that sense and their added (and often mythical) "work rate" has hardly done us any favours at the other end of the pitch. Their impact in attacking areas is basically non-existent and the lack of threat they provide makes opponents comfortable pushing forward in numbers against us. Ben Arfa would walk into this team in a heartbeat under any manager with a single footballing brain cell, but instead his style of play makes him an easy fall-guy for those without.

It has nothing to do with any kind of conspiracy, and everything to do with them both being absolute dog shit.

At Hull it's was always gonna be s*** with Bruce in charge you maniac.

Aye, and I think he stated 3 games?

Oh yeah sorry, forgot everybody in football is s**t except for Hatem.

He only started around 12 or 13 games and still managed to make a sizable contribution in terms of goals/assists that directly influenced particular games - winning goals, winning assists. I could also have included Stoke at home where we scored five and he had a direct hand in three of them (and was dropped for the next game).

But you think in 37 games this year, he would have had zero impact. Nil. None whatsoever.

Really fail to understand why a bloke who does not play for us (and hasn't for a while) gets so much attention.

I loved his moments of magic, but in reality, that is all they were... Moments.

90% of the time he gave less of a shit then the current crop and did not contribute.

I always said, Hatem could play 10 games and would contribute (and win single handed) 1 of them, the other 9 he would be a near insignificance.

Whether that automatically gives him legend status and means he should play every game I don't know.

He has been same for the whole of his career and ultimately that is why he is now playing (or not playing) for Nice.

If he was the shear brilliant footballer that people think he is, he'd be playing for a much higher standard.

Lynch me, shoot me down - that is just an honest opinion.

The whole "if he played under Guardiola instead of Pardew" comment irritates me the most, if a 'flair manager' thought anything of him then one of them would have bought him.

Hatem is an incredible waste of talent due to his own making.

Really fail to understand why a bloke who does not play for us (and hasn't for a while) gets so much attention.

I loved his moments of magic, but in reality, that is all they were... Moments.

90% of the time he gave less of a s*** then the current crop and did not contribute.

I always said, Hatem could play 10 games and would contribute (and win single handed) 1 of them, the other 9 he would be a near insignificance.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists