Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Couldn't do it in the Prem.

Accept - move on.

:fishing:

I honestly don't think he's fishing like. :lol: Or at least that's what he genuinely thinks.

This is the most telling part of that:

"Over the course of the 4495 minutes, it works out at a goal or assist every 179.8 minutes, which is basically a goal or assist every two PL matches."

In what world could we, of all teams, ever have deemed this to not be good enough?  Absolutely baffling.  And this includes minutes where Pardew would bring him on and hope for a bit of magic.

Couldn't do it in the Prem.

Accept - move on.

:fishing:

I honestly don't think he's fishing like. :lol: Or at least that's what he genuinely thinks.

I mean, he's finishing, he always is, but it's genuinely his opinion. Repulsive from all angles.

Guest firetotheworks

"Tony Taylor:

French league is crap and you can get away with being greedy. Explain why he failed at Hull City please."

We've been clamped, lads.

Of course I had to bite and reply didn't I? I dunno why I keep making this mistake.

I really don't understand why some people follow football. They didn't like Ben Arfa, they didn't like Robert. I don't know what they're hoping to see when they buy a very expensive ticket to watch elite sport.

It's like some of them expect and want the quality to be worse, the higher up the pyramid they go.

"That exceptional dribbling ability and fantastic finishing might wash in the poxy French league but it's no match for passing it safe back to the centre half that I'm paying £45 to watch at Newcastle."

I really don't understand why some people follow football. They didn't like Ben Arfa, they didn't like Robert. I don't know what they're hoping to see when they buy a very expensive ticket to watch elite sport.

It's like some of them expect and want the quality to be worse, the higher up the pyramid they go.

"That exceptional dribbling ability and fantastic finishing might wash in the poxy French league but it's no match for passing it safe back to the centre half that I'm paying £45 to watch at Newcastle."

:lol: :thup: Absolutely spot on.

The people who took Pardew's side and wrote Ben Arfa of as "selfish and lazy" are just in too deep at this point. They're not going to come out and say "Yeah, I guess I'm just an idiot who knows nothing about football."

He could go to Atletico Madrid in the summer and score 15 goals and be one of the best players in the Champions League and they'd still try and justify their shit opinions.

Guest firetotheworks

It really is as simple as skillful=lazy with a lot of these people imo. They have severe learning difficulties.

I wonder if Shelvey is going to get similar criticism despite having the same issues defensively and apparent similar temprement? I think not.

Big, inbred looking Englishman like Shelvey? Lazy?

Impossible marra.

French league is shit anyone who performs there is a cunt.

Meanwhile: we've been shit ever since we let Frenchman Yohan Cabaye leave, the player we signed from France, who left NUFC to go sit on the bench of a French team

Guest firetotheworks

The bottom line in all of it is that every argument on our side should just be to use your eyes. It's shit that we even have to back it up with stats and examples when it's so fucking mind-numbingly obvious to anyone who even has the remotest idea about football.