More than a Forum?

Mick

Are we missing something by only being a forum? Originally we has articles which were read by non-members, should that happen again to get stuff across to a wider audience?

It was the practicalities of keeping up with the articles that killed it.

Must admit, we have the potential to be a whole lot more, one look at some of the protests section and you can see what we can achieve..

At times like this when everyone has fury in their fingertips and wants to tell the world about it, it would be easy. In reality, when you're back to normal and having to chase people to write match reports for a Carling Cup game, it was more trouble than it was worth.

MES QUE UN FORUM m8

Well like when Camp Nou was the only place Catalans could speak their own language during the Franco regime. N-O is the only place where we can vent our frustrations of the Evil Ashley regime without possibility of being sued. ( ignore the fact this isn't at all accurate)

Both sanctuary's for the people, i see the relation tbh.

I think it was the right decision for this place to be turned into 100% forum... but I could be open to articles appearing on the main site again.

I also think that articles may be more forthcoming nowadays purely because of the amount of people who have taken to blogging about every thing under the sun. I don't think you need to do a match report for every game or owt like that mind you. I think you just do opinion pieces and make it very apparent that each different "writer" is their own person and there isn't any 1 message that the site is trying to get across. It'd be nice to have a range of opinions, hosted on a truly neutral site.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bring back the main site tbh. Some of my happiest days in general involve this site, posting up articles etc.

Used to love the who the f*** are series, buying from our rivals, behind enemy lines etc. This site at one point was considered ahead of the curve when it came to content and material. Its never changed though, its always about the supporter and being able to air his or her views whatever the agenda...

f***ing love N.O me and everyone associated with it  :smitten:  :love:

Proud to have been a part of it in some way over the years.

Me and a few others (such as Ameritoon and Nixon) have been toying with the idea of creating a monthly online fanzine. The idea isn't to have up to date news or match reports, but rather well thought out articles and more a commentary on the club itself as well as some interviews here and there with interesting people. Having N-O as a base of operations for that would've been interesting.

Guest firetotheworks

Reasons why I wouldn't want articles back.

Forum: Thousands of opinions that are always debated.

Article: One person's opinion, nothing more.

At times like this when everyone has fury in their fingertips and wants to tell the world about it, it would be easy. In reality, when you're back to normal and having to chase people to write match reports for a Carling Cup game, it was more trouble than it was worth.

Agreed, but mayst be its worth doing for now, keep the pressure on.

Me and a few others (such as Ameritoon and Nixon) have been toying with the idea of creating a monthly online fanzine. The idea isn't to have up to date news or match reports, but rather well thought out articles and more a commentary on the club itself as well as some interviews here and there with interesting people. Having N-O as a base of operations for that would've been interesting.

I hope Stifler will be getting a regular column.