Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Guest firetotheworks

Even Supermac can see how preposterous it is and I generally find most of what he says nowadays to be nonsense.

Supermac showing some passion and feel for the city there, unlike supercunt Moncur, our official Ashley-sponsored ambassador.

Moncur should be ashamed of himself but as you said employed by the club so tows the party line ,the man is dead to me and fans should boycott the cup and hurt them if its a home game

Supermac showing some passion and feel for the city there, unlike supercunt Moncur, our official Ashley-sponsored ambassador.

Moncur should be ashamed of himself but as you said employed by the club so tows the party line ,the man is dead to me and fans should boycott the cup and hurt them if its a home game

Anyone at the club who doesn't turn into one of Ashley's Value Zombies is turfed out.  Everyone left is a shill, stooge or lackey.  It's a truly desperate state of affairs. 

Watching arsenal fans and players celebrating and realizing that our board want nothing to do with the cups is nothing short of a disgrace.

Was going to point out the pure joy and devastation on the field at the end of the game,every prospective player should be shown what Charnley has said and then asked if they still want to sign if that is the level of ambition from there pay masters

Guest chopey

In the minutes of the meeting it was mentioned that the board would announce the target of where we would like to finish next season at a later date. I have scoured the internet and I can't find anything about spending £80 million and finishing in the top 4 has anyone on here heard owt ?

Obviously they only really care about money but it would be interesting to see what any of our current players (or potential signings) made of these minutes.

Basically that there's no intention to even try and win anything, and that the board back the manager fully but don't believe he's good enough to handle six extra matches. Fantastic advert for the place.

Obviously they only really care about money but it would be interesting to see what any of our current players (or potential signings) made of these minutes.

Basically that there's no intention to even try and win anything, and that the board back the manager fully but don't believe he's good enough to handle six extra matches. Fantastic advert for the place.

I think they'll sell the club, from a player perspective, along the lines of..............join us for a couple of years and look where you could end up..........Carroll went to Liverpool on over £100k per week, Cabaye to PSG for big dollar...............these guys are living the dream based on a couple of good seasons for us. We'll move you up a level and won't stand in your way should a big bid come in.

Effectively, we're a shop window, and in the fickle world of footballers some are probably very grateful for the increase in wages, profile and to get the chance for their big move.

Sad times.

I think they'll sell the club, from a player perspective, along the lines of..............join us for a couple of years and look where you could end up..........Carroll went to Liverpool on over £100k per week, Cabaye to PSG for big dollar...............these guys are living the dream based on a couple of good seasons for us. We'll move you up a level and won't stand in your way should a big bid come in.

Effectively, we're a shop window, and in the fickle world of footballers some are probably very grateful for the increase in wages, profile and to get the chance for their big move.

Sad times.

This. It's not just how we sell ourselves to players though, its our operating principle. Constantly gambling on these unproven cheap players being good enough & committed enough to keep us out of the shit for another year before they move on and another unknown quantity comes in. To compound the risk involved we're doing this with a manager who has no track record for developing& improving players. I'm not sure what the gambling analogy would be, maybe betting on a horse then tying it's tail to a nearby pardew-shaped plank of wood?!?. But one day it's going to all end in tears when we fill the squad with shit players who are actually just happy to sit here picking up wages for 3 years while we go crashing through the divisions ignoring Pardew whose tactics/coaching still consists of telling them to run around lots, get in their faces etc.

• 1 year later...

Is it JJ7 who's on the forum? Good question will be why the club deems it unnecessary to scout the European Under 21 Championships bearing in mind the stated transfer policy of the club.