Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Didn't think he was as bad as some thought. Set up Wijnaldum for his great chance and tried other things that didn't come off as talented players like him will. Not going through the best bit of form though obviously. Still wouldn't drop him though given the alternatives

Been disappointing in his last half dozen starts or so imo. Goes against the grain on here but needs to do more. Wouldn't be the worst thing to use him as a super sub on 60-65 minutes like we did with the two wins before Xmas.

Especially since we have De Jong and Thauvin who can't get in the side and needs time to get back to their best.

I don't think Ayzoe needs a rest, I think he needs to play a little more unburdened. New faces will help him massively IMO. There's an over reliance on certain players to produce - Mitro very much included, but they're both very young lads and it's a lot of pressure to play under at that age.

I would probably move him to the bench for a few weeks, he is still very young and I think he looks a bit jaded.

There are others that can now fill in and he can come back all guns blazing for the final three months.

I would probably move him to the bench for a few weeks, he is still very young and I think he looks a bit jaded.

There are others that can now fill in and he can come back all guns blazing for the final three months.

Eh?! :lol:

Scored, and worked his socks off in defence in the second half. Before he was hauled off for Gouff he was constantly closing down channels, tackling and winning the ball back. Not to mention making himself available. He just LOOKS languid, might be the Spanish way, but absolutely does not deserve to be fucking benched after that performance!

Like who? Thauvin who we may as well have chased out of the country or Aarons who McClaren obviously hates?

Pleased for him today. Although I don't think he's in his best position, if the midfield retain the ball better it won't be so much of an issue.

Probably not in his best position but Wijnaldum is better in his best position than he is.